What can increase acceleration?

Redcafe10

Yup just like those Maser, Ferrrari & Lambo posers. Those are just all noise.......not like the powerful lexus.

these r v8 10 12 cars , doing under 5s , still not powerful?

Hi bro,

I am new to car performance. Just curious to know what modificication is required that can increase accelerataion but stay LTA friendly as well.

I have heard many car with very loud engine noise (voom voom), does those meant for more power for the car? Legal?

Thanks in advance.

You should get a bike

Neutral Newbie

Before u increase more acceleration to your car, please upgrade it's safety features like better brake kits, strut bar and anti roll bar, etc. Safety is still no 1 concern.

you need to basically to change 70% of your car parts to balance with your car performance(power).

my point of advise:

save your money from modification then buy a better car. if you dont listen , you will use alot of money to learn this sentance of wise words.

bro, imho sometimes it's not abt $$$... it's abt zhnging enthusiast... it's another view from my angle too... [;)]

If its Yaris, then we are talking about VVTI engine. You will get poor acceleration if you step on the pedal from cruising speed of say, between 50 to 80. Instead, while at cruising speed, release the accelerator pedal and immediately gun it and you get a strong response from the car. But I must caution using this method unless it's necessary.

Just drop gear lah.

That's why I say, pple who drive auto will find it hard to appreciate the usage of gears regardless gears their car comes with.

If its Yaris, then we are talking about VVTI engine. You will get poor acceleration if you step on the pedal from cruising speed of say, between 50 to 80. Instead, while at cruising speed, release the accelerator pedal and immediately gun it and you get a strong response from the car. But I must caution using this method unless it's necessary.

Actually the most important thing is the ............tyres.

Before u increase more acceleration to your car, please upgrade it's safety features like better brake kits, strut bar and anti roll bar, etc. Safety is still no 1 concern.

agree with SINCarLover, 2 things i never scrooge is a good brake pads and good tyres. :D :D :D

Just drop gear lah.

That's why I say, pple who drive auto will find it hard to appreciate the usage of gears regardless gears their car comes

yes esp when rwd van toe heel drop gear can easily tail bb car at upslope cornering , most auto gearbox r that bad

Actually the most important thing is the ............tyres.

Agreed. Grippy tires and good brake pads.

It is not how fast your car can take to the roads but how fast you can stop your car.

Turbocharged

No response from TS till now. Kena kidnapped izit?

TS just drop us one post and let it grow on it's own...

He into ICE now...

"If you can't outrun them, just switch on the ICE, put your sunglasses and DEAL WITH IT...yeah!"

Turbocharged
(edited)

LOL...you say until this method machiam like some secret "last resort" kungfu move.

It can be done in all AT cars including DSG gearboxes.....nothing special. (except CVT which works differently without the kick but also slam pedal)

To get the same effect without slamming the pedal, OD off / Ds / D3 or Tiptronic - works the same

Part and parcel of AT driving...

Edited by Pocus

LOL...you say until this method machiam like some secret "last resort" kungfu move.

It can be done in all AT cars including DSG gearboxes.....nothing special. (except CVT which works differently without the kick but also slam pedal)

To get the same effect without slamming the pedal, OD off / Ds / D3 or Tiptronic - works the same

Part and parcel of AT driving...

Last time when i was driving a humble fit, I gas the car, wait till it drop the gear & pull down to "S" mode so it drop another gear.

Now, 2 clicks on the left pedals & from 5th to 3rd [laugh] !

Turbocharged

Last time when i was driving a humble fit, I gas the car, wait till it drop the gear & pull down to "S" mode so it drop another gear.

Now, 2 clicks on the left pedals & from 5th to 3rd [laugh] !

Fit ah...that is the slam until slam also no use....the 80+bhp engine pushing a 1100kg car....super underpowered.

Fit ah...that is the slam until slam also no use....the 80+bhp engine pushing a 1100kg car....super underpowered.

but mated with a big ego driver [laugh]

↡ Advertisement