What can increase acceleration?

Redcafe10

Neutral Newbie

Fit ah...that is the slam until slam also no use....the 80+bhp engine pushing a 1100kg car....super underpowered.

For GE fit 1.5 is 120Horse ma.. not 80+

though not fast but not definitely not super underpowered. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

most Fit i see on the roads are 1.3 G instead of the 1.5 RS.

even out of the few 1.5 RS i see, i wonder how many really is 1.5L [:p]

but kudos to Honda, able to draw out 120bhp from a mere 1.5L.

other car maker 1.5L only 105bhp or so [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

Many fit are 1.3 but also many Jazz are 1.5.

It's not the fastest 1.5L NA car but have to give credit to Honda engineers getting 120hp from a Single cam 1.5N.A B&B car.

Many may not be "RS" and many may not be "1.3".. :D given the history and easily available aftermarket parts that make Honda to be a car with many "options"

Turbocharged

I was talking about the prev model 1.4 DSi engine....80+bhp right?

The current Fit/Jazz is in fact more powerful, but FC no longer matching the 1.4 DSi.

Turbocharged

That's why never look down on Honda's technology. They have one of the best R&D dept i Japan.

And before any VW lovers start throwing their TSi engine trumpcard to argue, we are talking about healthy NA engines here, not some steroid induced turbo/supercharged engines. If Honda FIed their engine TSi style, they may potentially produced more horses than VW's equivalent? [;)]

That's why never look down on Honda's technology. They have one of the best R&D dept i Japan.

And before any VW lovers start throwing their TSi engine trumpcard to argue, we are talking about healthy NA engines here, not some steroid induced turbo/supercharged engines. If Honda FIed their engine TSi style, they may potentially produced more horses than VW's equivalent? [;)]

bro, why sound so defensive? i don't think anyone is stupid enough to compare VW's TSI engines with Honda's 1.5NA engine.

okay why not we bring in VW's 1.4NA polo with 7speed DSG [:p]

let you win lo.. 1.4NA with 85BHP 132NM torque with 7DSG giving a claimed 17.2km/L and 0-100km/h 11.9s <_<

Honda fit 1.5 RS with 120BHP 145NM torque giving a claimed 12.5km/L nia? 0-100km/h according to fastestlaps.com is 10.3s

Edited by Coupecabriolet

Actually the most important thing is the ............tyres.

Brakes important too.. if the car only has a.small front disc brake, n a back drum brake, better dun anyhow accelerate n e brake anyhow.. sure not enough brake power even if tyres stick like super glue

Overall brake balance is always taken into consideration by the designers (including suspension, chassis), so don't under-estimate cars with disc/drum brake.

If your tyres are super sticky, your brakes don't need to work so hard to stop/slow down the car. On the other hand, if your tyres suck, whatever brakes you have also don't matter as it is not the point of contact with the road to stop the car.

Brakes important too.. if the car only has a.small front disc brake, n a back drum brake, better dun anyhow accelerate n e brake anyhow.. sure not enough brake power even if tyres stick like super glue

Neutral Newbie

vw is a cheap continental budget car enuff said . anyway , please do not ever rever reverr race in D mode . u will endanger every1 . D is suppose to be for auto cruising or noob mode . u all get the picture .

edit : if u wanna try banging urself be my guest . try go fast wif D n enter corner . u can pm mi using hospital internet :) .

Edited by Fd3s57

Neutral Newbie

I was talking about the prev model 1.4 DSi engine....80+bhp right?

The current Fit/Jazz is in fact more powerful, but FC no longer matching the 1.4 DSi.

Oh ya.. Previous model GD1 is around 86hp I think.

But there peak torque is achieve very early in the low end with a wonderful FC..

Neutral Newbie

bro, why sound so defensive? i don't think anyone is stupid enough to compare VW's TSI engines with Honda's 1.5NA engine.

okay why not we bring in VW's 1.4NA polo with 7speed DSG [:p]

let you win lo.. 1.4NA with 85BHP 132NM torque with 7DSG giving a claimed 17.2km/L and 0-100km/h 11.9s <_<

Honda fit 1.5 RS with 120BHP 145NM torque giving a claimed 12.5km/L nia? 0-100km/h according to fastestlaps.com is 10.3s

I think this will be a never ending debate.

Polo has a very fast shift time due to its DSG (We are no longer on engine as this is transmission)

You just check with your friends driving 7SP DSG or any friends working in VW and ask them how problematic is that gear box.