MyCarForum Logo
Search
Which fish better steam

• Search this thread
80 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Poll: Which fish is better to steam. (59 member(s) have cast votes)

Which fish is better to steam.

1. Garoupa (9 votes [15.25%])

Percentage of vote: 15.25%

2. Soon Hock (14 votes [23.73%])

Percentage of vote: 23.73%

3. Sea bass (6 votes [10.17%])

Percentage of vote: 10.17%

4. Promfet (28 votes [47.46%])

Percentage of vote: 47.46%

5. Others (2 votes [3.39%])

Percentage of vote: 3.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:35 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Have been eating fish for years, but can never really recall taste and texture between the Soon Hock & Garoupa. laugh.gif

Prefer steam fish now as it's a healthier option.

Edited by Atonchia, 13 March 2011 - 08:37 PM.

Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:39 PM

Sunlight
  • Sunlight
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

i like promfet thumbsup.gif

Posted 13 March 2011 - 08:47 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    6th Gear

i like promfet thumbsup.gif

Haha, I know it's a bit of generalisation, but are you Teochew laugh.gif ?

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

Sunlight
  • Sunlight
    5th Gear

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif yes

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:31 PM

Yeshe
  • Premium member
    Yeshe
    NOS-ed

Have been eating fish for years, but can never really recall taste and texture between the Soon Hock & Garoupa. laugh.gif

Prefer steam fish now as it's a healthier option.

depends on how fresh the fish, not really the type.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    6th Gear

Oh what the Fish..... thought I read What Fish will Make you Steam..... laugh.gif tongue.gif .... must be the Root Beer I have......
________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:00 PM

Bavarian
Alot depends on the freshness of the fish, steaming time and sauce used. The ones you mentioned are all good. There are a few others that are not so popular but quite as good for steaming, if done correctly.

This shop does steam fish in the afternoon quite well and offers a variety of different fishes at reasonable price. You might be interested:

Block 253, Jurong East Street 24 #01-205 Singapore 600253.
Zai Shun Curry Fish Head

where is my pee pee corner?

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:09 PM

Unclelum
  • Unclelum
    Neutral Newbie

Always remember to use a metal plate when steaming!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:10 PM

Ladykillerz
  • Premium member
    Ladykillerz
    6th Gear

depends a lot on the freshness and how the chef cook.

usually Sea bass and Promfet are better in steam.
Soon Hock is best for both steam or fry.
Garoupa is better in fry.

just my 2cents. =p
Ladykillerz

The Sky's The Limit! [angel]

Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:56 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    NOS-ed

Went to one of the restuarant in goh tong jaya, had Steamed Patin fish.. very nice.. oily though..
RIP Johnny.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:00 PM

Maroon5
  • Maroon5
    Supercharged

learnt this when deciding my wedding menu..soon hock is better cos garoupa is generally more prone to mud and fishy smell.
Paul Scholes. He scores goals.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:01 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed

Which Promfret? I personally prefer the Golden Promfret thumbsup.gif.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:03 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed

learnt this when deciding my wedding menu..soon hock is better cos garoupa is generally more prone to mud and fishy smell.

u r darn right on this!

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:06 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed

Went to one of the restuarant in goh tong jaya, had Steamed Patin fish.. very nice.. oily though..

Steamed Patin with "Chay Poh" is also nice thumbsup.gif. The oil is good, better than pork lark.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:08 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious

Steamed Patin with "Chay Poh" is also nice thumbsup.gif. The oil is good, better than pork lark.

Regards,

fish oil damm healthy one... patin is a good fish!

“Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend it’s whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:11 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed

fish oil damm healthy one... patin is a good fish!

It looks simply to do it but when my maid attempt the last time, it was a complete failure laugh.gif. The muddy smell is just too strong to convince me to eat. But she does much better with the more common ones like Pomfret.

Do you know how to cook nice Patin with Chay poh? cool.gif

Regards,
Disclaimer:

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

Cerano
  • Premium member
    Cerano
    Turbocharged

Alot depends on the freshness of the fish, steaming time and sauce used. The ones you mentioned are all good. There are a few others that are not so popular but quite as good for steaming, if done correctly.

This shop does steam fish in the afternoon quite well and offers a variety of different fishes at reasonable price. You might be interested:

Block 253, Jurong East Street 24 #01-205 Singapore 600253.
Zai Shun Curry Fish Head

always drive past here but never try before leh

which dishes nice?

i dont like curry fish head with curry powder taste how's it here

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:12 PM

Csnewbie
  • Csnewbie
    Supercharged

1. Garoupa
  2. Soon Hock
  3. Sea bass
  4. Promfet

Garoupa is good fish.Good for steam n sweet n sour.

Promfet i prefer white Promfet.

Sea bass must be sea-caught one.

Steaming,Garoupa n White Promfet better.

see....

Edited by Csnewbie, 13 March 2011 - 11:22 PM.

Relocated

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed

[list=1]
  1. Garoupa
  2. Soon Hock
  3. Sea bass
  4. Promfet

Do you actually mean Pomfret served better in fried form than steamed?

Regards,

Disclaimer:

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:16 PM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    6th Gear

Oh what the Fish..... thought I read What Fish will Make you Steam..... laugh.gif tongue.gif .... must be the Root Beer I have......

Think all Fishes should make one 'steam' laugh.gif
Healthier option that does not clog up arteries.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users