Gearbox issues; and problems at VW Service Centre

Presea

Supercharged

So new car now also like computer.

Need to flash the firmware to fix bug.

Sounds like the sw does not control the hw properly, causing unnecessary wear and tear to the hw.

If this is the root cause, then good news to VW owner.

Sounds like the sw does not control the hw properly, causing unnecessary wear and tear to the hw.

Just when Apple just release the software upgrade to iOS 5.1 now.. are they linked?? [:p] [:p] [:p]

Neutral Newbie

All I want for them is to acknowledge that the "no service requried" stance on the automatic transmission is a mistake and to make amends for that.

If not, I'm probably going on a witch hunt and gathering all the Passat owners who are encountering the same issue and get VW SG to do what VW USA did, which was to extend their warranty on the very same gearbox to 7 years/100,000 miles.

Didn't buy their "no oil change" required for ATF. Did my ATF change at 62k outside.

What was drained out...

atfdrain1.jpg

What was poured in.....

atfdrain4.jpg

Just got my car serviced at their new Macpherson workshop today. The juddering problem seems to be gone. Maybe it is that software update ?

from what i understand from vw owners, its a HW problem, something to do with clutch plate which is too thin that wears out prematurely. They have since replaced it with another higher wear material.

Neutral Newbie

Thumbs up for Servo, both Philip and Dennis.....

They went the extra mile. [thumbsup]

I agree. They service tones of VW cars there on a daily basis. If I'm correct Dennis was formerly working for VWS. Hence he has in depth knowledge of VW cars.

One down side is they have just too many car to service.... well I guess that's come when you become popular :)

Neutral Newbie

I guess with the higher COE these days. VW cars or rather conti cars are getting better value for money. What they lack is the higher cost of maintenance

There goes the resale value of VW cars!

Resale value of VW 1.4 cars are still priced very high leh [laugh] I think majority of car buying population have never heard of this dsg problem.

I agree. They service tones of VW cars there on a daily basis. If I'm correct Dennis was formerly working for VWS. Hence he has in depth knowledge of VW cars.

One down side is they have just too many car to service.... well I guess that's come when you become popular :)

Drive in there first thing in the morning. Be the first of many that may or will come later.

Hi... like to know has the Gearbox issuse for VW solved??? seem like not much reply for this post... btw thinking of changing frm Honda to VW... Any advice??? Thanks...

|Any updates on the previous case...gb problem resolved yet? If not boycott them!

Hi... like to know has the Gearbox issuse for VW solved??? seem like not much reply for this post... btw thinking of changing frm Honda to VW... Any advice??? Thanks...

Consider properly.talking about new or resale

VAG actually do more Audi than VW and its more costly to service there. I have been using a workshop at Sin Ming Autocare called Servotronic for the past 3 years since my warranty expired. Prices very reasonable and they have the latest diagnostic software. What I especially like is the fact that the boss open his workshop to just fix my car radiator hose on a Sunday, that is something VCS can never do for me. Anyway, the thing that pushed me to look for other workshops is the fact that VCS told me my car is old no need to bring back to agent (this was in 2009).

Servo is cheap n good....was using them throughout my GTI days...thumbs up for Dennis

The DSG problems and poor service reputation turned me off VW. Shame really, as they do have some nice models.

the golf 7 is out. perhaps its problem free

the golf 7 is out. perhaps its problem free

Not really,just tested the Golf,the car was nice,price was reasonable,but during test drive,the gearbox keep on stuck at 3rd gear,must stop shift to N then D the the gearbox runs fine,i wonder is this the common DSG Sympton.?

Not really,just tested the Golf,the car was nice,price was reasonable,but during test drive,the gearbox keep on stuck at 3rd gear,must stop shift to N then D the the gearbox runs fine,i wonder is this the common DSG Sympton.?

FAIL BIG TIME SIA!!!!

Test car got problem how to sell!!! [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement