Gearbox issues; and problems at VW Service Centre

Presea

They are dealing with 10k, 20k,40k servicing and at the same time coping with the recuring issue of the dsg gearbox.

Meaning to say almost every car they put on the road is going back to AD for servicing or repair, hence the long wait for Q number. [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

It's definitely not a CVT, but a 6-speed tiptronic with Torque Convertor.

The rpms will rise with the vehicle speed...unlike a CVT

Anyway, now with the new problem, occasionally in 4th and 5th gear, the gearbox exhibits some CVT behaviour, holding the RPM while the speed increases... this is not a good thing, but it's just an interesting observation.

I really wonder how long this will continue...

Apart from vcs, have you consider or explore other workshop outside who may be familiar or competent to help you with this issue?

They are dealing with 10k, 20k,40k servicing and at the same time coping with the recuring issue of the dsg gearbox.

Meaning to say almost every car they put on the road is going back to AD for servicing or repair, hence the long wait for Q number. [bigcry]

Actually PA's Audi workshop in Ubi also no difference. It's chockablock with cars awaiting repairs!

My friend whose Audi met an accident was told that the damage will need to be assessed first. If damage is not terok case (i.e. still can drive) then gotta wait until their workshop is able to take accident repair job later ... cos reason given is that the workshop is full!

WTF?

Like you said, they are dealing with scheduled servicings, DSG problems, mechatronics module replacements, all at the same time. That is, almost every single Audi car that they have put on the road!

Actually PA's Audi workshop in Ubi also no difference. It's chockablock with cars awaiting repairs!

My friend whose Audi met an accident was told that the damage will need to be assessed first. If damage is not terok case (i.e. still can drive) then gotta wait until their workshop is able to take accident repair job later ... cos reason given is that the workshop is full!

WTF?

Like you said, they are dealing with scheduled servicings, DSG problems, mechatronics module replacements, all at the same time. That is, almost every single Audi car that they have put on the road!

But my fren who is driving audi no complain leh...and audi not using VW's DSG.

It's definitely not a CVT, but a 6-speed tiptronic with Torque Convertor.

The rpms will rise with the vehicle speed...unlike a CVT

Anyway, now with the new problem, occasionally in 4th and 5th gear, the gearbox exhibits some CVT behaviour, holding the RPM while the speed increases... this is not a good thing, but it's just an interesting observation.

I really wonder how long this will continue...

Question is, how long will you put up with such a shoddy experience and not take your case up with CASE? I feel the box is defective. The 6AT shouldn't behave like this. I just got a Q7 with 8AT Tip. This kind of problem would drive me mad.

Honestly, I don't think CASE in Singapore is very much of a watchdog enforcement, and is rather limp-wristed (read:weak) in their ability to do much...

Honestly, I don't think CASE in Singapore is very much of a watchdog enforcement, and is rather limp-wristed (read:weak) in their ability to do much...

ouch! but so true... :D

looks like have to take vw out of my shortlist for the next car to own :huh:

A broken condom is more useful than CASE.

I took a read at the VAGS forum and its off my list.

I see the issues and I think it's dumb to pay that "conti" premium and have to accept that it's normal that my ride will have such issues. Like that, I might as well stick to an asian make? Buy VW to inconvenience myself and increase blood pressure? Must be Das Spastic or Carrot-head.

Edited by Sabian

But my fren who is driving audi no complain leh...and audi not using VW's DSG.

Audi's S-Tronic = VW's DSG same same lah.

A1 uses 7-dry DSG to mate with 1.4 TSI engine.

A3/A4 with 2.0TFSI engines mated to 6-wet DSG.

All similar strategy as VW used for their models.

A8s all brought in here with Tiptronic A/T ... whether 3.0 TFSI, or 4.2 NA ... Even the previous 3.2 NA.

My sister, who drives an Audi has vowed never to buy another Audi again.

So did my boss, who drove the A6

I took a read at the VAGS forum and its off my list.

I see the issues and I think it's dumb to pay that "conti" premium and have to accept that it's normal that my ride will have such issues. Like that, I might as well stick to an asian make? Buy VW to inconvenience myself and increase blood pressure? Must be Das Spastic or Carrot-head.

yeah lor......these seems to be 2 issues on hand

1) over-engineering resulting in more quirks and breakdowns

2) technical support team not hired in tandem with the burgeoning sales

for me whether conti or asian makes, there must not be too much down time caused by frequency of breakdowns or insufficent maintenace and support service. after all, in singapore, your car depreciates every day whether you drive it or not.

down time is actually wasting our value of the car each day.

No wonder we only see one VW car generation at a time. They all die off at a early age.

Hmmmm........im comfort by the fact there are 3 generation of sonata on the road now.

Sonata Gold, NF and now i-45. Bread and butter car but with good proven records. ^_^

Thats why sonata are use as taxis also..........hehehe.

Edited by Hiphiphoray

Agree that long downtime, slow turnaround time and waste of time is a big no no regardless whether conti or asian made cars.

Unless one has tons of free time, molah and e guilty ride is a spare car den nt so big an issue.

Thnx for e sharings.....it is gd to knw what to expect shd one b butt itchy to change ride.....but must say tat most conti exteriors and some interiors v chio....something tat is rarely found in asian rides unless one mod it.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 1

No wonder we only see one VW car generation at a time. They all die off at a early age.

Hmmmm........im comfort by the fact there are 3 generation of sonata on the road now.

Sonata Gold, NF and now i-45. Bread and butter car but with good proven records. ^_^

Thats why sonata are use as taxis also..........hehehe.

i drove both the gold (EF), and the NF before.....................so regret i sold them off..........the gold was so good if not for that fuel tank crack............ [bigcry] [bigcry]

so feel like to buy one back now............. :wub:

Neutral Newbie

Why spend so much money to buy such a piece of crap from VW. From my point of view, their design is quite fierce looking. But specially after 100 000km or 5 years, all the crap issue surface issue. Stop buying Continental car then ........

Japanese car don't have such issue !!!

There was a saying before for Jaguar owners.

You need to buy 2 of the same models when u buy a Jaguar previously...

Reason being...

While you're driving one, the other is in the workshop..

Ever heard about that before? Maybe VW is next??

↡ Advertisement