After cold start, RPM went low and died

Aidan

@alvinlkw - another explanation could be the ECU was reset when WS change the battery..

got that form my last ride. got to redo all the tunning before it get back to normal again...

tunning i mean to step on the accelerator to maintain the RPM ard 800 .

↡ Advertisement

I had the same problem as well. Mine is a 06 Altis with 105k mileage. I just did a servicing and the guy told me that he cleaned up the throttle. He changed the spark plugs and battery so I have eliminated all other possible causes. This morning, the car was idling and RPM went very low and whole car was vibrating and nearly died. After that, I step on the accelerator to about 2000rpm for a couple of seconds and the vibration seems to be gone.

Also, I recently noticed that that vibration usually occur when I am about to come to a stop or idling at a stop. It won't vibrate as bad as this morning (likely due to cold weather) but just that I am concerned with it. How do I check on my idling valve?

Well, the idling valve locates around the throttle (or butterfly) valve area, it is usually hidden, so one has to pin point its location and dismantle mostly the entire throttle valve assembly for ease of access. Perhaps you should highlight this issue to the workshop to have them rectify the problem for you.

Your case sounds like the initial stage of the idling valve malfunctioning. To confirm it is the root cause of the problem. Double check the rpm during the aircon compressor kicks in and out, A/C on, rpm will drop to below 1000 (between 500 to 700, with engine vibrating, like dying off), if A/C off, idling will be at around 1500 rpm. If after cold starts, engine rpm do not rise high as usual to around 1300 to 1500 rpm to warm up engine, but stays at 1000 rpm or lower AND after engine reaches normal temperature range, rpm rise to 1300 - 1500rpm, it is confirm the idling valve. So do notice the above symptoms, if it is none of it, it might be other factors contributing to what you are experiencing now.

Sometimes, it is the change of a new battery where the ECU is totally reset during the changing process. I have experienced engine died off when coming to a stop, the engine just vibrated (lower than 1000rpm and dropped further and finally dies off). It took a day or two for the ECU to remap itself and everything is back to normal. Hope it helps.

Edited by Heartbreakid

I remember older cas have that.

Wouldn't itbe electronically controlled fortodays car.

These are possible culprits, so is the idling speed controller being dirty.

my car also had this problem.

changed battery didnt help.

only after flushing throttle plate then it helped.

mine could even stall while moving.

but now fixed alr.