Is this animal abuse?....

Ken4555

SORRY I HIT THE DOG, SAYS MAN ACCUSED OF ABUSE
VIDEO OF DOG RESCUER PUNCHING, KICKING HUSKY CAUSES OUTRAGE ONLINE.
May 24, 2016 6:00am
BY FOO JIE YING

He has been called names and described as mentally unbalanced. Someone even said he was "worse than a beast".

From an active dog fosterer and rescuer, Mr Alan Chiam became notorious after a video of him raining blows on a leashed husky went viral yesterday morning.

The two clips, uploaded by Facebook user Maimunah Mohadi, show a man at the back of a house with three dogs. One of them is a black-and-white husky on a leash.

Mr Chiam is seen punching the husky's head, before lifting it up briefly by its neck, as it dangles in mid-air.

In between chastising the husky, he kicks the dog twice.

Since the clips were uploaded yesterday, they have been shared more than 10,200 times. One video had over 400,000 views, while the other clocked over 225,000 views.

Initially reticent about the incident, all Mr Chiam would then tell The New Paper was: "My conscience is clear."

Later last night, the man, who is in his early 40s, changed his tune.

Apologising for the "seemingly harsh actions", he clarified that he made sure to control his strength so that the husky was not hurt.

That morning, the husky had a fight with a golden retriever after their routine morning walk near Mr Chiam's house in Jalan Loyang Besar.

When Mr Chiam's helper tried to stop them from biting each other, the husky started growling, and attempted to charge and attack the woman, he added.

SCREAMS

Mr Chiam found out what had happened only when he heard his helper's screams.

"I started off with pouring ice cold water on the husky in an attempt to divert his attention to stop the fight but to no avail.

"Then I started to separate the fight using the wheelbarrow method from the back," he said.

The wheelbarrow method refers to lifting a dog's back paws up like a wheelbarrow, and moving it away from the other dog. This helps to separate dogs in a fight.

It stopped the fight but the husky continued growling at both the golden retriever and the helper, and showed signs of wanting to charge at her, said Mr Chiam.

Admitting that he is not a certified dog trainer, Mr Chiam then explained his actions caught on camera: "In a moment of anxiety, I then resorted to such an action."

Adding that he has been helping to foster dogs with health problems and behavioural issues, he said: "As all dog rescuers or dog owners know, time is needed for dogs to adapt in a new environment.

"During this time, new behavioural issues will surface. Unfortunately, in this case, this applies to the husky."

Netizens' views were mixed over Mr Chiam's explanation for his actions.

One Facebook user, Sara Jean Fisher, wrote: "Shocked that it was you. No excuses for such behaviour!!!"

Mark Cheong wrote: "Even after explaining there will still be some who have different view of what happened.

"Unless it really happens to them, I guess. It take a great man to admit his mistake and I hope no one bothers his family members over this issues."

Others, like Mabel Chong, thought he was just making excuses.

Dr Jaipal Singh Gill, the acting executive director for the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animal (SPCA), said the husky is now under SPCA's care, and has been sent for a thorough physical examination and X-rays.

"The SPCA condemns this blatant act of animal abuse and will work closely with the authorities for stern action to be taken against the perpetrator."

The Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore said it is investigating.

Mr Chiam said his family has been harassed since the videos went viral.

He has since filed a police report to protect his distressed family members from further harassment.

Mr Chiam appealed to the public: "Please leave my family members out of this matter. Thank you."

Trainer: Use of force not justified

If the dogs were not comfortable with each other, there should have been appropriate safety measures in place to prevent fights, said Dr Kang Nee, an animal behaviourist and certified dog trainer.

"Force-free training to help integrate the dogs into the family could have been implemented with the guidance of qualified, knowledgeable and reputable trainers.

"The use of force instead of implementing kinder, more humane measures as alternatives, is not justified from a welfare and ethical standpoint," she said.

Using aversive techniques on dogs which are reactive may escalate reactivity, she added.

In situations when dogs are provoked, Dr Kang suggested getting behind something to protect yourself.

Sigh........不是人。。。

Why the 3 dogs never gang up and attack him leh?

I am sure one can bite the hand, one bite the leg and the one kenna whacked can have the honour of biting the KKJ.

Because dogs have good heart

• Praise 1

His facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100009871239237

With regards to the video posted by Mainumah Mohadi that went viral.

First of all, I sincerely apologize for the seemingly harsh actions made during the discipline process. I’d like to clarify that during the whole process, I have full control over the strength to make sure the Husky is not hurt. This morning, 23rd May 2016, Monday, at approximately 0900hrs to 1000hrs, the Husky had a fight with the Golden Retriever after their routine morning walk. My helper then tried to stop them from biting each other and the Husky starts growling at my helper and attempted to charge and attack her. Upon hearing my helper’s screaming for help, I immediately went to the backyard when I see the Husky attempted to attack my helper. I started off with pouring ice cold water on the Husky in an attempt to divert his attention to stop the fight but to no avail. Then I start to separate the fight using the wheelbarrow method from the back. Having stopped the fight, the Husky still continue growling at my helper and the Golden Retriever and still wishes to charge at my helper. In a moment of anxiety, I then resorted to such an action.
This issue has created a distress to my family members with harassment from private messages and via social media platforms. Henceforth, a police report has been made to ensure safety to my family members.

I have so far been helping dogs in senior age, with health problems and behavioral issues. Having a number of such dogs under my foster care, I have given up many of my lifestyles and devoted most of my time on them including moving to a more spacious place. As all dog rescuer/dog owners know that time is needed for dog to adapt in a new environment. During this time, new behavioral issue will surface up, unfortunately in this case, applies to the Husky. 
During this span of time after I’ve moved here, I have received neighbors’ complaints because of the number of dogs despite my efforts to reduce the barking and maintaining the cleanliness. I’d also like to add on to my clarification that I am not a certified dog trainer.

AVA has visited my place and brought the Husky to SPCA for assessment checks for injuries. They will be conducting X-Ray and routine checks. The case has been passed over to the relevant authorities to conduct their investigations. As the case has been handled over to the authorities, please approach them if you require any further information. Lastly, please leave my family members out of this matter. Thank you.

resized_bear-grylls-meme-generator-cool-

Dog is still man's best friend ... how can we eat our best friend?

Haiz .....

But they're so yummy. And tender.....

Don't be a hypocrite la. Think about it the next time you eat beef or chicken.

Dog is just another source of protein. Doesn't mean it's cute we shouldn't eat it.

Caught on camera: Man kicks, punches dog in Loyang Green home

Monday, May 23, 2016

Two videos showing a man hitting, kicking as well as dragging and lifting a dog by its neck on a leash have sparked outrage online.

The incident is believed to have occurred at a terrace house in Loyang Green this morning (May 23).

Facebook user Maimunah Mohadi uploaded two videos of the incident at about 9.30am.

https://www.facebook.com/maimunah/videos/10206220664424280/

https://www.facebook.com/maimunah/videos/10206220663864266/

Man kicks, punches dog in Loyang Green home

Photo Source: Facebook video screengrabs

The videos shows the man talking down to a Siberian Husky and forcefully dragging it around by its leash numerous times, in the presence of two other dogs.

He also punches the dog in the face once and kicks it twice in the 40 seconds of video recording.

A friend of Mainunah's told Stomp that "she has heard the dogs many times yelping in pain but today was the first time she managed to video" it.

Mainunah has reported the incident to the Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore.

The case is currently under investigation.

This is too much.

Don't like the dog just let it go or send to spca or give away to someone who wants it.

Don't abuse it.

It's still a life

Dog is still man's best friend ... how can we eat our best friend?

Haiz .....

Good question

Man are similar species and related genetically, but why there is constant conflicts and wars men killing each other leaving many widows and orphans around.

Imaging we spent 13.9billion dollars on our military. Just how much do we spend on making the lives of our poor and destitute dignified. How many die early or unnecessarily because they can't afford healthcare.

If Man stop spending on war machines and weapons, channelled all those resources and money into research and investment in human instead, we all would all suffer less from disease and perhaps many would lead a disease free life.

As humans we destroy nature to build cities pushing the other species some to extinction.

We literally are killing ourselves with pollution in the land sea including space

We are just too destructive as a species.

It is a matter of time before our species get wiped out by our own doing.

Let's do our part in any small way we can

• Praise 4

Good question

Man are similar species and related genetically, but why there is constant conflicts and wars men killing each other leaving many widows and orphans around.

Imaging we spent 13.9billion dollars on our military. Just how much do we spend on making the lives of our poor and destitute dignified. How many die early or unnecessarily because they can't afford healthcare.

If Man stop spending on war machines and weapons, channelled all those resources and money into research and investment in human instead, we all would all suffer less from disease and perhaps many would lead a disease free life.

As humans we destroy nature to build cities pushing the other species some to extinction.

We literally are killing ourselves with pollution in the land sea including space

We are just too destructive as a species.

It is a matter of time before our species get wiped out by our own doing.

Let's do our part in any small way we can

We need to copulate indiscriminately for the sake of our survival  :a-SOS:

post-18880-0-10231200-1459074740.jpg

SPCA and rescuers find abandoned pedigree dogs -- some left at public toilets [thumbsdown]

He so cute how can anyone abandon him?

:D

• Praise 4

Buy @ spur of moment..... later come the maintenance and Vets Bills coming to thousands .... 

I adopted a one..... a Golden Retriever...was in a real bad shape from a China student ...... full of ticks/ medical issues..... thought it was a "lemon" .... nursed him back ....... many pedigree dogs can be found in SPCA from time to time even saw a King Charles Cocker Spaniel 

Also Puppy Mills are also very cruel too; Go see videos and you will get a shock !! some things even AVA got no teeth 1!

He so cute how can anyone abandon him?

• Praise 7

Buy @ spur of moment..... later come the maintenance and Vets Bills coming to thousands ....

I adopted a one..... a Golden Retriever...was in a real bad shape from a China student ...... full of ticks/ medical issues..... thought it was a "lemon" .... nursed him back ....... many pedigree dogs can be found in SPCA from time to time even saw a King Charles Cocker Spaniel

Also Puppy Mills are also very cruel too; Go see videos and you will get a shock !! some things even AVA got no teeth 1!

My MIL also never abandon.

SPCA can swop that cute dog for a MIL?

One for one is fair right?

U got competition, @Angcheek got multiple MIL's (he say 1) , all trolling him

My MIL also never abandon.

SPCA can swop that cute dog for a MIL?

One for one is fair right?

• Praise 2

U got competition, @Angcheek got multiple MIL's (he say 1) , all trolling him

He has 4 wives?