IS ALFA 159 IS THE SEXIEST CAR??

Panda

Neutral Newbie

problem is getting a 2nd hand 159 is tough, for the moment. plenty of 156 to go ard though

Yah... I'm waiting for one too... inlove.gif

Only seen one so far in SgCarmart sometime back... Expat selling above 100k before the great drop... whoever bought it in the end must be cursing.. tongue.gif

This is a 3.2 GT still selling... man... tempting...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie
159 is still very new and so quite impossible to find a 2nd hand in the mkt now ba...Iam not in a hurry to change car...can wait probably another 1-2yr plus from now, there shld be 2nd hand 159 available in the mkt by then..

Wah... competition... I'm aiming for a 2nd hand one in 1-2 years too leh.. tongue.gif

The 100k+ plus 2nd hand one was the car before the drop to 109k new in recent times... whoever bought that must be cursing man

Edited by Mojoe

[laugh] at least drive it once once in your life time and then figure out whats' all this fuss about [laugh][laugh]

my experience was tat i really had to have it. so i finally bought one. and having got sick of cars quite easily after a year or so, i dunno why the alfa keeps me charmed on a daily basis even after 3 years.

maybe it's because its rare. maybe it's because it just feels so damn different from any other car. maybe it just looks so different.

there are many other cars that can go faster, but i dont feel as good in those cars, even if they're cheaper.

a fast car is engineering. a beautiful car is art. for alfa, there's quite a fine balance between the 2. the engine is powerful for its range and it sounds unbelievable. no honda, toyo, mazda can sound like it. even the TS sounds way way better than the rx8. ok, sorry, i'm getting subjective here as sounds can be personal. try it and feel it for yourself.

But JC did mention about the pain, anguish and disappointment about owning one tongue.giflaugh.gif

i went thru all tat with all my previous 4 Fiats.............juz enjoy yer italian belles. [inlove]

With my current one........i ever asked myself why i buy it in the first place (tats means we buy with the heart w/o thinking thru the head). [laugh][laugh][laugh] Once an italian, will always be. [gorgeous][inlove]

I did feel the er..brio in the older 156/147 but not the 159. However when testing the 147 selespeed previously. it broke down on me at the turning junction, citing selespeed failure laugh.gifsweatdrop.gif

haha...reminds me of the time when i test drove a fiat punto turbo. yep, it broke down during the test drive. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I did feel the er..brio in the older 156/147 but not the 159.
yep, the 159 is a half-bred german/italian, juz like mine........best of both world, german precision engineering and good italian handling and beauty. [gorgeous][inlove] Edited by Normal_aspirated

haha...reminds me of the time when i test drove a fiat punto turbo. yep, it broke down during the test drive. [laugh][laugh] [laugh]
btw, the new Bravo........the light steering wheel, the feel of japs........oh well, best of both world...........japs quality & reliability, e.g. Fiat Sedici (aka Suzuki SX4).....juz my S$0.02. [:p]

Do threadstarter or anyone mind if we OT abit? Would like to ask about the Alfa 147 2.0 SS? Since its also an Alfa right?

Spend few years growing up in my Dad's 164 (rebadged to 168 , Chinese la..yat loke fatt hee) so Alfa always had a place in my heart.

Those 3 yr old Alfa 2.0 on SGCarmart going for around 55~60K are worth their price?

Please ignore me if we can't OT. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement