Open letter to MP Josephine Teo

KARTer

lifted from a website

Coffeeshop Chit Chat - Open letter to MP Josephine Teo

Dear Madam,

I saw you on TV and how you spoke about Singapore having an unemployment rate of 2%, I do not know how this statistic or measurement is done, but maybe you can provide the actual measurements used ?

The reason is simple, there are many Singaporeans who are jobless (30+) and up, who find that their jobs have been REPLACED by the influx of cheap labor, and maybe you could actually provide the breakdown of the number of working foreigners we have in Singapore, and we can make the assumption that with every foreigner, one Singaporean is displaced or is jobless, based on the total population count of actual SINGAPOREANS (Singaporeans does not include PR mind you)

It also seems that your foreign worker argument is flawed and incorrect as you stood all high and mighty to speak. This is because SM Goh made a recent comment about Quote

↡ Advertisement

we do feel left out

if you ever returned to singapore, have you realized that there is NO queue just for Singaporeans unlike many airports in the world

instead we all at all counters ... ALL PASSPORT

that shows how special we are

but then we need to make sure that after $10mil spent for integration ... works

Neutral Newbie

we do feel left out

if you ever returned to singapore, have you realized that there is NO queue just for Singaporeans unlike many airports in the world

eh... sure or not.. i think not just 1 queue leh.. check before blasting leh...

we do feel left out

Mai talk co*k lar Knn... U how long never go overseas?

Not only we have our own Q, it is even self service automated clearance....

we do feel left out

still have for singaporeans lah, confirm & double confirm.

Again, proof that our gahmen is all about spinning stories until the mass are spinning in their head. But there are still others who are calling their bluff like the open letter reveals.

we do feel left out

Don't anyhow shoot lah...must got base then shoot...still got many counter for singaporean....but the counter also include PR.....but then..citizen doesn't mean pure singapore born now.....

(edited)

we do feel left out

If you insist on queuing at the 'All Passport' counter, so be it. Don't complaint.

There are 8 counters (at T1) for Singaporean over the right side and with auto clearance. Double confirm. no queue. How I know, I just returned on 1/4/11 @ 9.00pm and also during the peak period at T1. It takes 25 secs to clear the counter. [:)][:)]

Edited by Picnic06

If you insist on queuing at the 'All Passport' counter, so be it. Don't complaint.

There are 8 counters (at T1) for Singaporean over the right side and with auto clearance. Double confirm. no queue. How I know, I just returned on 1/4/11 @ 9.00pm and also during the peak period at T1. It takes 25 secs to clear the counter. [:)][:)]

I am with u on this.... I came back 3/4....

Turbocharged

[thumbsup]

we do feel left out

Stop shooting own foot!

We want CREDIBLE and RESPONSIBLE opposition! Not SPIN DOCTOR. You have just proven yourself to be one, how ironic!!!

Yeah lor. In fact, Singapore Changi airport have one of the smoothest & fastest clearance, even if you are not Singaporeans.

I have been to many airport withs many of the counters (some even 1/2) no people to man. End up long queue.

Turbocharged

Stop shooting own foot!

We want CREDIBLE and RESPONSIBLE opposition! Not SPIN DOCTOR. You have just proven yourself to be one, how ironic!!!

speaking of this, i do realise that we are finally seeing enough of them in this election.

last few election only have a few power house and also run from opposition.

here is the publication that Dec 2010 unemployment rate is 2.2%

http://www.mom.gov.sg/Publications/mrsd_Q42010empsit.pdf

2011 Q1 is just over and i don't think the stats is ready

They only see statistic, that is the problem. Always nicer to see sit in office to see nice number that go to the street to see old man cleaning toilets right.

Statistic is ok, it can be use to aid in looking at a problem, but it should not be used as the main, or only source.

People may be employed, but may be working far below their qualification, or pay, to cit an example.

Stop shooting own foot!

[thumbsup][thumbsup] ....we shoot with the right data.....

we do feel left out

how long u never go oversea already?

there are automated passport counters just for singapore passport...

Karter,

Among all MCFers, you have the most political points aired.

Yes I also feel that for every complaint we have, it is almost surely be cast away as non-issue or branded as grouses, because they worship statistical info, totally believeing in it to judge that everything is fine.

Therefore, we should continue to complain but we have to be constructive too, by offering solutions, if only they have an open mind...

↡ Advertisement