Mazda Biante MPV

Swifter78

Supersonic

Ok, for me, as I am obsessed with being against profiteering. My personal limit for sellers net profit, is <100% of the omv.

Once it hits 3 fig % point of net profit in based on omv, the taste in my mouth is very bitter. Though I must say like to like the looks of the new Skyactive series.

Just mo, no offence to ne1.

bro, better [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed] . skali somebody offended n write loooooooooooong grandmarder story to defend that its the bestest of the bestest (dunno why....got prize meh? buy oredi mah [:p] )

↡ Advertisement

For the record, i encourage useful inputs regardless of good or bad. Not as if i design the car so taking very criticism very personally.

But i do see the need to rebuke or debunk negative inputs that are clearly incorrect, and pardon my grandmother point-by-point reply as i cannot put the facts any shorter. I cannot simply put down 'You are wrong. 190Nm from this 2L car is quite standard what.' without furbishing data to back it up right? Facts are facts. This is not a playground and we are not 5 years olds.

And i have yet to sign on the dotted line, still weighing the benefits and costs. But this should be the one as everything ticks for me.

Lastly, do not be mean and arrogant, especially not anyhow talk to exert your points. We are here to share and learn from each other.

Hypersonic

lack of power

lack of airbags

general fit and finish

my wife and I concluded we didn't want to consider this car

• Praise 1

Supersonic

ne1 knows if Maz Sky series have some adjustments for local maket? Say larger radiator, xtra/larger/more powerful radiator fan blower?

But I do dig sliding doors. Especially good for kids alighting. No worries on kids opening door too wide & hit car beside. Also kids sometimes press on the door to support themselves. On conventional doors, I get the impression that sliding would be less strained compared to conventional doors.

Supersonic

I was quite keen until I saw 2 airbags in the specs.

MPV with 2 air bags in this day and age is quite out of point.

Precisely. I would assume ppl buy a 7-seater over, say, a sports sedan becoz of family priorities. Rite?

So if family is a priority, shouldn't their safety be of utmost importance too?

So I dun understand why would anyone accept a brand-new 2014, family 7-seater wif juz 2-airbags and lack of a 5-star NCAP crash rating.

To me, that's juz not right and I wouldn't take that risk wif my family especially since there are alternatives out there. The ADs gotta get this msg in their heads that lowering the safety spec so that they can make an obscene $$ markup is not acceptable.

• Praise 1

mazda biante looks ok to me, sliding doors a plus, although 2 x airbags does seems to compromise safety, since this is a mpv, doubt it will be all fast & furious so keen buyers are likely the stable and casual drivers

personally, a couple more torque doesn't seems to make much difference these days as our roads except expressways are crowded with traffic lights every 50 to 200m..

one man's meat is another man's poison.. to each its own.. [:)]

• Praise 2

mazda biante looks ok to me, sliding doors a plus, although 2 x airbags does seems to compromise safety, since this is a mpv, doubt it will be all fast & furious so keen buyers are likely the stable and casual drivers

personally, a couple more torque doesn't seems to make much difference these days as our roads except expressways are crowded with traffic lights every 50 to 200m..

one man's meat is another man's poison.. to each its own.. [:)]

Its other drivers on the roads with OTHER cars, not the car you are driving in, especially for rear and side airbags. Even if one drives safely, there are plenty of idiots on the roads.

• Praise 3

Its other drivers on the roads with OTHER cars, not the car you are driving in, especially for rear and side airbags. Even if one drives safely, there are plenty of idiots on the roads.

agree.. certain things are out of our control.. suppose all road users have to exercise caution, responsibility, and plan travel routes.

Supersonic

spot on!

a good example would be those dumbo parents who happily let their young toddlers or babies sit on their lap in the front passenger seat. i'm sure they are prob thinking "i drive slowly so its safe". yeah, wait till something happens.......

Edited by Soya

spot on!

a good example would be those dumbo parents who happily let their young toddlers or babies sit on their lap in the front passenger seat. i'm sure they are prob thinking "i drive slowly so its safe". yeah, wait till something happens.......

Hence most of the jap makes ADs dont believe in bringing in models that provide airbags and/or ESP/VSC, just the obligatory 2 and ABS. Rather advertise silly gimmicks like "ion aircon" or LED lights [laugh] to attract buyers.

Hypersonic

Hence most of the jap makes ADs dont believe in bringing in models that provide airbags and/or ESP/VSC, just the obligatory 2 and ABS. Rather advertise silly gimmicks like "ion aircon" or LED lights [laugh] to attract buyers.

the funny thing is this biante has DSC but only 2 airbags

if it came with 6 airbags, i could have overlooked the other 2 points mentioned earlier.

Supersonic

This is a good reminder of why having 6 airbags is essential and we shld stay away from any car that has down spec-ed its safety for the sake of higher profits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP7GR6UhV4k

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Precisely. I would assume ppl buy a 7-seater over, say, a sports sedan becoz of family priorities. Rite?

So if family is a priority, shouldn't their safety be of utmost importance too?

So I dun understand why would anyone accept a brand-new 2014, family 7-seater wif juz 2-airbags and lack of a 5-star NCAP crash rating.

To me, that's juz not right and I wouldn't take that risk wif my family especially since there are alternatives out there. The ADs gotta get this msg in their heads that lowering the safety spec so that they can make an obscene $$ markup is not acceptable.

You take the words right outta my mouth. [thumbsup]

Driving an mpv with 2 air bags only is like saying it's ok for the the passengers sitting behind me to get injured (or killed) as long as my front pax and I are protected by our air bags. Need a lift (in the rear seats)?

Imagine my surprise (and delight after the surprise) when I found out the ugly Presage has 8 air bags.

the funny thing is this biante has DSC but only 2 airbags

if it came with 6 airbags, i could have overlooked the other 2 points mentioned earlier.

Agreed.

Edited by Sabian

This is a good reminder of why having 6 airbags is essential and we shld stay away from any car that has down spec-ed its safety for the sake of higher profits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP7GR6UhV4k

You are wrong in claiming that local AD down spec-ed when the car comes with only 2 front airbags. Local Ad DID NOT down spec-ed at all. I let you and those interested to find out, now is 2014 after all.

If you not keen, then so be it. Just don't anyhow claim things that make people laugh at you later.

What I want to say is that Japanese people do not make cars of China standard. The fact that the curtain airbag option is not a standard item for this car speak something about its effectiveness. If it is a die die must have else will compromise safety kind of situation, would it be an option? If you interested, go to Japanese Biante website and read all the safety features that come with the car. To dismiss a car just because it comes with 2 airbags wihout finding out more is simply poor judgement.

And you ever read that airbags are harmful for young kids? Maybe not, nevermind. In fact, from what I have gathered, young kids should be away from where there are airbags. Airbags are meant for adults as there is great impact when inflated and the young body might not be able to take it resulting in serious injuries! Having airbags at the back in fact is making the rear space dangerous for young kids to be there. What is much much more useful and important is simply to BUCKLE up the seatbelts which I am sure not many parents will tell their kids to do. There will be credibility to the side curtain airbag video if there are statistics that they can help young kids, and not potentially harming them. Protecting adults, yes, maybe. But if seatbelts also no buckle up, then it is anybody guess.

You believe what I put down? Welcome to 2014.

end of the day ..buy what you like , buy what you think its worth , buy what you think its safe .. dun have to argue until face green green , its the buyer pocket not yours .....

Personally , i wouldn't buy cars with 2 airbags iregardless how good the price is ....period, full stop ...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1