Mazda Biante MPV

Swifter78

Neutral Newbie

Yes, I do not have the remote controller also.  But the SE said is with the car but searched thru .....sigh.....

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Was hunting around for a MPV & came across the Mazda Biante. Took it for a test drive last Friday & family love it (mainly for the space & the comfort as compared to Mazda5 ) but I somehow feel it a bit underpowered when going uphill. Also worried about the FC as I do travel a lot for work. The one thing I like about this car as compared to the Toyota Voxy, Nissan Serena & Honda Stepwagon is the look & the interior. Do you guys normally have a favourite hangout where I pop down ? Would love to meet up & hear about this car.

Thanks guys.

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Was hunting around for a MPV & came across the Mazda Biante. Took it for a test drive last Friday & family love it (mainly for the space & the comfort as compared to Mazda5 ) but I somehow feel it a bit underpowered when going uphill. Also worried about the FC as I do travel a lot for work. The one thing I like about this car as compared to the Toyota Voxy, Nissan Serena & Honda Stepwagon is the look & the interior. Do you guys normally have a favourite hangout where I pop down ? Would love to meet up & hear about this car.

Thanks guys.

Same here, I got the Biante for the look and interior.

Most importantly, I want peace of mind for the AD warranty.

Connect to Facebook Group :

Singapore Mazda Biante Club

Many nice people there :)

You should go ahead and buy it. Stick to a car you like as you are going to drive it for many years. Mazda FC is ok as a full size MPV. 

I also feel that power is lacking for uphill, but all I like many of its good points. You get a good view of the road as a driver and its actually a safe car to drive because of that. The back passengers like the side view due to its big windows.  

I like the sliding doors. its so convenient to drop off my primary 1 girl at her primary school every day. I control the opening and closing of the passengers door. 

My family likes the car and that is the most important. 

• Praise 2

Neutral Newbie

Thanks for all your comments . [;)] I hope to get a good offer from the AD & join you guy.  Her offer last week was for $128 K for 2.38% interest rate.  Oh by the way, is it true that Mazda is planning on stopping their production for all MPVs. I recalled seeing an article here on this news.

Neutral Newbie

To answer one of the query. Yes Mazda is dropping it's MPV line, ie Mazda 5, Mazda 8 and that includes Biante too. The upcoming models are all CX series.

For CX-7, the model is a 5 seaters and not 7. For clarification purpose only.

Neutral Newbie

Yah, I thought so that CX -7 will be 5 seater, but there are reports mentioning that there might be 7 seater variant. But I reckon everyone is just guessing there might be 7 seater.

http://bestnewsuv.com/2017-mazda-cx-7/

According to several reports, we will see both five- and seven-seat configuration in offer. New model will come in company’s new “KODO – Soul of Motion” design language and new SkyActive technologies.

Neutral Newbie

Vinc, how did you know mazda gg to discontinue their mpvs? From the article too? What I heard frm mazda rep is that they had no such plan yet. More ever biante sales is very strong now. They may cut mazda 5 though by end this year. This article seem to be written by third party and stating nikkei as their source. I guess the best way to know is wait for the official news frm mazda itself. Those considering biante, my advise, go ahead for it and feel the space.... Zoom zoom!

(edited)

Hi,

Thanks guys.

Underpower cos the computer control of the auto gear variation. If you feel that it running slower, just push the 'down gear' button once on the steering wheel and the vehicle will pick up speed.  

That is the purpose of the 'paddle switch' on the steering wheel.

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

Vinc, how did you know mazda gg to discontinue their mpvs? From the article too? What I heard frm mazda rep is that they had no such plan yet. More ever biante sales is very strong now. They may cut mazda 5 though by end this year. This article seem to be written by third party and stating nikkei as their source. I guess the best way to know is wait for the official news frm mazda itself. Those considering biante, my advise, go ahead for it and feel the space.... Zoom zoom!

Hi bro

I had spoken to the SE last thursday whilst my 10k servicing.

No worries, the SE explained that MPV is slowing getting out in US & European markets cos they are more to SUV 7 seater. But MPV are very strong in Asian market especially in South East Asia and they will continue to make MPV.

Asian buy vehicles to maximised the usage ( to carry 7 To 8 person as family cars) whereas US & European are more to cross-states driving which driving for a long distance and most of the side of highways are mud or sandy patches. A 4x4 of SUV comes in handy if get struck in them.

Was told that next year, a new model of Biante coming or should I say 'face-lift'. According to the SE, it a totally new model.     

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro

I had spoken to the SE last thursday whilst my 10k servicing.

No worries, the SE explained that MPV is slowing getting out in US & European markets cos they are more to SUV 7 seater. But MPV are very strong in Asian market especially in South East Asia and they will continue to make MPV.

Asian buy vehicles to maximised the usage ( to carry 7 To 8 person as family cars) whereas US & European are more to cross-states driving which driving for a long distance and most of the side of highways are mud or sandy patches. A 4x4 of SUV comes in handy if get struck in them.

Was told that next year, a new model of Biante coming or should I say 'face-lift'. According to the SE, it a totally new model.

This is good news. I can start looking at biante again. Cheers

(edited)

Just to share I changed the cabin filter recently, recommended to do so every 10,000km. Mazda will charge $70 for the simple job. The filter can be bought locally from stockiest for about $20. You will need a short Philips screwdriver for the job. Be warned that putting back the fresh filter require a bit of effort.

The cabin filter I used was imported from Japan.

You can buy locally:

http://www.e-shoppinghouse.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_166&products_id=2157

post-101253-0-08402400-1459781511_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-29027500-1459781517_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-75873100-1459781530_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-46029300-1459781538_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-15684600-1459781546_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-60576800-1459781560_thumb.jpg

post-101253-0-44943200-1459781567_thumb.jpg

Edited by Heartlander
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Indonesia has new limited edition Biante, new body kit with DRL. Definitely more chio.

http://www.mazda.co.id/cars/mazda-biante-svp/features/exterior/

I was thinking of asking local ICE shop to modify and add the led lights to the side of fog light.

Hmmmm....... maybe now  can get friends going to Jarkata to buy one set ....

post-21853-0-41826100-1459864374.jpg

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15

Hi Heartlander

How about the air filter ?

i found it 

http://www.e-shoppinghouse.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=16_190_195&products_id=2015

This is the air filter for the engine bay. Is different from the cabin/aircon flter that I replaced.

But of course you could buy it and replace yourself as it is very easy to do. But not sure if it is included in the service package, to be changed every 60k km for our ride. If it is, then no point spending the money as you will not get any refund. If not, sure buy to DIY as so easy to replace.

The cabin filter I very sure is not included as I paid $120 for it last year.

Just confirmed that it is $120 and at 20k km interval. Even if I change at 10k km interval which is already quite dirty in my case, still much cheaper at $40 comparatively.

↡ Advertisement