Best comfort tyre?

Greddy82

Hi I read a few thread on the choice of tyres chosen by you all and i shortlisted these few so called comfort tyre.

so from your point of view which is the chosen ones based on cost first, noise level followed by grip on dry n wet.

the chosen tyre will be used for daily driving and NOT spirited drive. budget ard 100ish per piece. Bros are very much welcomed to state the current price as well. Appreciate it.

Tyres shorlisted are :

1 -toyo c1s

2 -yokohama es501

3 -goodyear ls2000

4 -gr90

5 -falken ze912

one more qn - what are the difference in fuel consumption when you upgraded from a 14" to a 15" for a Honda Fit

Thank You for all your inputs.

Cheers

↡ Advertisement

I know for sure cost-wise GR90 is way higher than the Falken and Yoko u listed.

But its for sure more quiet than the Falken. (I am using it for 5 months now) Grip is more than enough if one is not a spirited driver.

Compared to the rest I have no idea.

I know for sure cost-wise GR90 is way higher than the Falken and Yoko u listed.

But its for sure more quiet than the Falken. (I am using it for 5 months now) Grip is more than enough if one is not a spirited driver.

Compared to the rest I have no idea.

yup i guessed the gr90 is way out of the price range. :wacko:

Hi I read a few thread on the choice of tyres chosen by you all and i shortlisted these few so called comfort tyre.

so from your point of view which is the chosen ones based on cost first, noise level followed by grip on dry n wet.

the chosen tyre will be used for daily driving and NOT spirited drive. budget ard 100ish per piece. Bros are very much welcomed to state the current price as well. Appreciate it.

Tyres shorlisted are :

1 -toyo c1s

2 -yokohama es501

3 -goodyear ls2000

4 -gr90

5 -falken ze912

one more qn - what are the difference in fuel consumption when you upgraded from a 14" to a 15" for a Honda Fit

Cheers

falken can throw , ls2000? still around in sg? if any 1 selling u better check the date, but they not compareable to toyo, b/s.yoko, c1s use to be value or money, but now price about the same as b/s i think.. lol . goodyear instead of ls 2000, u can check for efficentgrip, if have your size , it really value for money .

Hypersonic
(edited)

Go for DNA dB ES501. It's the cheaper and most comfortable tyre, if that's your criteria. Can try Bridgestone AR-10 too, it's a comfortable tyre.

But sorry to tell you, tyre price has went up again. Tink every quarter they going to review the price. Luckily I managed to get hold of DNA dB before April and ask them to store for me till June before changing.

Relating my experience last week:

195/65R15

Made in Japan Yokohama DNA dB ES501 $118

Made in Thailand Bridgestone AR-10 $128

Made in Thailand Michelin XM1 $135!

Edited by Fcw75

i guessed i been digging out old reviews of the tyres..lol

keep the replies coming peeps. do add in other tyres not listed that falls withing the criteria range.

cheers

(edited)

In one of the bulletin....a 20% lower rolling resistance tyre will only save 3%in fuel cost.

In another bulletin.....a higher inflated tyre can save more than 3% in fuel cost.

My opinion....get a cheap and reasonable tyre. The quiet noise is subjective and I think most comfort orientated tyre in recent years are equally quiet.

I am driving the Jazz on original 15" Yokohama S71 Eco tyre.

The dry grip from this tyre is stupendous.

The Jazz stock braking system is not able to invoked ABS in a dry straight line emergency brake from 80km/hr to 0km/hr.

I guess the dry grip of this tyre is GOOD enough for normal road use.

Lots of good read articles from here.

http://toyo.xdesigns.com.au/tyre-technolog...al-bulletin.htm

Edited by SimonTan

Ze912 is the cheapest among ur list, 15" is less than 100 bucks. currently is using it....value for money.

K415 think is about the price of Ze912, feedback is not bad.

DB es501 is most comfort tyre, but wet grip is suck.

IS2000 wear very fast.

Go for DNA dB ES501. It's the cheaper and most comfortable tyre, if that's your criteria. Can try Bridgestone AR-10 too, it's a comfortable tyre.

But sorry to tell you, tyre price has went up again. Tink every quarter they going to review the price. Luckily I managed to get hold of DNA dB before April and ask them to store for me till June before changing.

Relating my experience last week:

195/65R15

Made in Japan Yokohama DNA dB ES501 $118

Made in Thailand Bridgestone AR-10 $128

Made in Thailand Michelin XM1 $135!

your price here is wef april onwards?

Tyres shorlisted are :

1 -toyo c1s

2 -yokohama es501

3 -goodyear ls2000

4 -gr90

5 -falken ze912

Cheers

We call it upsize? Can expect about 1kg weight per tyre/wheel and corresponding Fc change...

Hypersonic

your price here is wef april onwards?

Nope, I mentioned I got it before April and ask them to hold for me.

What is the price for the tyres at your shop?

Hypersonic
(edited)

Another 2 comfortable tyre is Yokohama Earth-1 and Bridgestone Ecopia. So called Eco-friendly tyres.

Perhaps state the size you want.

Edited by Fcw75

Tyres shorlisted are :

1 -toyo c1s

2 -yokohama es501

3 -goodyear ls2000

4 -gr90

5 -falken ze912

Cheers

definitely not ziex912 if your noise is of high priority to you.

How about Toyo Teo plus? For made in japan tires, i think the price is acceptable.

↡ Advertisement