New taxi model

Tom_kkh

I saw one comfort camry too today...are we going to have them on our roads soon?

I think the camry already being used as cab on the road. Its the Dark green one. I have seen before. dunno which company though.

↡ Advertisement

I think the camry already being used as cab on the road. Its the Dark green one. I have seen before. dunno which company though.

NTUC also got a new Camry. its a hybrid version though. think rental per day is $118.00

will keep you all posted on its performance if my father decided to switch to driving camry. [laugh]

Taxi uncle told me that Comfort testing the Hybrid Camry after the current contract with Hyundai expires .. not sure true or not.

Like that the current Hyundai Sonata Taxi will die a natural death.

Regarsd,

The Hyundai Sonata Taxi no gd? How come so fast they r looking for replacement model? But dont think the Hyundai Sonata Taxi contract ends so fast, right?

Edited by 13177

The Hyundai Sonata Taxi no gd? How come so fast they r looking for replacement model? But dont think the Hyundai Sonata Taxi contract ends so fast, right?

sonata come out how long liao??

sonata taxi might still have 3 years left, but they dont have to wait for all the sonata to be obsolute to change to camry.

can do that slowly mah

U mean the contract for Sonata taxi still have 3 years left? Not the car itself still have 3 yrs left eh?!

U mean the contract for Sonata taxi still have 3 years left? Not the car itself still have 3 yrs left eh?!

err.. i mean those driver think their contract still got 3 years left. so yeah talking about the car.

i also not sure, guessing only.

but make sense to change to Camry. keep seeing Sonata break down when raining heavily recently.

the older Sonata NF [pre-facelift] model has been on the road for like 3-4yrs already? So on paper left till 7yrs, but taxi companies will probably scrap or deregister them on the 6th.

If their 'sales contract' ends like now, obviously they'll have to test out replacement units for the Sonata taxi model lah. That was what they did when it was time to replace the flood of Toyota Crown and Nissan Cedric ain't it?

And it's pretty strange that they put the Toyota Camry JDM as a premium taxi, on par with the E-Class. Shouldn't it be the same as Sonata taxi?

the older Sonata NF [pre-facelift] model has been on the road for like 3-4yrs already? So on paper left till 7yrs, but taxi companies will probably scrap or deregister them on the 6th.

If their 'sales contract' ends like now, obviously they'll have to test out replacement units for the Sonata taxi model lah. That was what they did when it was time to replace the flood of Toyota Crown and Nissan Cedric ain't it?

And it's pretty strange that they put the Toyota Camry JDM as a premium taxi, on par with the E-Class. Shouldn't it be the same as Sonata taxi?

on paper is 4 years.

Taxi are only allow to be on the road for 8 years as per determine by LTA law not 10 years.

base on past record, dont think they will retired the flee on 6th years.

Neutral Newbie

Taxi uncle told me that Comfort testing the Hybrid Camry after the current contract with Hyundai expires .. not sure true or not.

The Sonata is not going to stay in the production forever unlike those ancient Toyota Crown which was produced for so many years... So when the Sonata's production stop of course they have to switch to something else... But then the Camry Hybrid is too expensive for them to replace the Sonata... Probably they can only use it as a more expensive premium model...

Neutral Newbie

actually, im wondering. how come taxis get so fast cars/big engine cars and pay cat A COE only? taxi need so zai meh?

Sonata 2.4 TC

Wish 2.0

Epica 1.8

Chrysler 3.xx V6!!!!

Sonata is 2.0 CRDi TC... Epica also 2.0CRDi with turbo charged... Only the ancient Cedric and Crown using the ancient 3.0 diesel engine without turbo...

The Sonata is not going to stay in the production forever unlike those ancient Toyota Crown which was produced for so many years... So when the Sonata's production stop of course they have to switch to something else... But then the Camry Hybrid is too expensive for them to replace the Sonata... Probably they can only use it as a more expensive premium model...

FYI, Camry Hybrid already got on the road liao under NTUC. dont know if its trial run or not. but their Rental is confirm at SGD118 as of current.

on paper is 4 years.

Taxi are only allow to be on the road for 8 years as per determine by LTA law not 10 years.

base on past record, dont think they will retired the flee on 6th years.

Wrong. Taxi COE only 7yrs, not 8th.

And taxi companies will probably start scrapping or deregistering from the 6th year onwards due to high expensive maintenance. In fact, some problematic units are from the 5th even.

Don't bother to argue. I've asked many taxi uncles about this. And they've unanimously gave me this standard answer.

And I don't give credit to your dad or uncle who's a taxi driver.

Yeap. What you said is so true. I'm guessing the replacement model for the Sonata come 'shopping time' would either be the Chevy Epica, Hyundai i45 or Kia K5 =)

Wrong. Taxi COE only 7yrs, not 8th.

And taxi companies will probably start scrapping or deregistering from the 6th year onwards due to high expensive maintenance. In fact, some problematic units are from the 5th even.

Don't bother to argue. I've asked many taxi uncles about this. And they've unanimously gave me this standard answer.

And I don't give credit to your dad or uncle who's a taxi driver.

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...le/bid_coe.html

go to the link and copy past the bold below and click on find -_-

A COE of 10 years will be issued for all vehicles except for taxis, where a COE of 8 years will be issued.

you are making a fool of yourself. -_-

I dont even have to argue. i have facts on my side.

as for Taxi de-register at 6th years?? not for NTUC as far as i know. cause till date i can still see Toyota crown running on the road.

Edited by Joseph22

http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...le/bid_coe.html

go to the link and copy past the bold below and click on find -_-

A COE of 10 years will be issued for all vehicles except for taxis, where a COE of 8 years will be issued.

you are making a fool of yourself. -_-

I dont even have to argue. i have facts on my side.

as for Taxi de-register at 6th years?? not for NTUC as far as i know. cause till date i can still see Toyota crown running on the road.

Sorry horh. Not me. You're scolding the taxi driver instead.

Instead of getting my info from black and white, I rather get from the taxi drivers instead.

I prefer to get first hand info rather than black and white paper.

Oh, with regards to the Toyota Crown, this would be their 6th year on the road. They'll be deregistered by years end.

Edited by Proton_neutron
↡ Advertisement