Durian sellers West

• Search this thread
25 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:13 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

Hey all, its durian season again.....

Are there any durian sellers in the West area, example Clementi, Holland V, Bukit Panjang, West Coast etc

I know there is one at the end of Pasir Panjang Road, next to the 'famous' nasi lemak stall, outside NUS. But i wan to try other West places......

I no need to eat the expensive Cat mountain. Just normal durians can already .... no $$.......

Edited by Donut, 12 April 2011 - 12:14 PM.

"Is it possible to pursue happiness if the pursuit itself does not make you happy?"
From book titled "I move Your Cheese" by Deepak Malhotra

Posted 12 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

Csnewbie
  • Csnewbie
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

blk 503,jurong west st 52. biggrin.gif
Relocated

Posted 12 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

blk 503,jurong west st 52. biggrin.gif

double confirm good or not??

Can sit there to sit ? i wan to sit there to eat.

Edited by Donut, 12 April 2011 - 02:49 PM.

"Is it possible to pursue happiness if the pursuit itself does not make you happy?"
From book titled "I move Your Cheese" by Deepak Malhotra

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:26 PM

Meanmachine
  • Premium member
    Meanmachine
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

durian season is here again, Have you try JB durian by the basket? It is located hyper-market main road leading to Jusco Tebrau. Or the Jb fruit farm to the durian plantation . . . can last 1 full day w/o food.

U won't miss it, btw, all the best Malaysian durians are exported to SinkieLand, not so good one are for MY only, I was told; correct me if I'm wrong.

Go well wif mangosteen after each wallop, mangosteen are considered ' cool fruit ', Durian are heaty.
Disclaimer: Some content may not be accepted by all as we are not trained counseller / adviser, we seek your tolerant. My advice is based on experiences / exposure/s committed to give an honest & direct answer, no profanity & accusation to be taken of any kind, in an event that it misfired, it should be taken as a pinch of salt. Thank you !

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:30 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    NOS-ed

durian season is here again, Have you try JB durian by the basket? It is located hyper-market main road leading to Jusco Tebrau. Or the Jb fruit farm to the durian plantation . . . can last 1 full day w/o food.

U won't miss it, btw, all the best Malaysian durians are exported to SinkieLand, not so good one are for MY only, I was told; correct me if I'm wrong.

Go well wif mangosteen after each wallop, mangosteen are considered ' cool fruit ', Durian are heaty.

Some of the best durian I ate was at GohTong Jaya.. shiok
RIP Johnny.

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:38 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious

Bukit Panjang plaza got one shop selling durian pastry also sell durians, I think at level 1. D24 is selling $25/packet, Mao san wang $40/packet, chilled, cheap and nice. Somemore won't get cheated. They have many branch located all over the island. I just bought some over the weekend at Parco Bugis.
Winter is Coming!

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:46 PM

Csnewbie
  • Csnewbie
    Supercharged

double confirm good or not??

Can sit there to sit ? i wan to sit there to eat.

i don't like durians.Give me bad sore throat. tongue.gif

but that place really big.24 hrs some more. laugh.gif

sitting just ask for it. blink.gif
Relocated

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    NOS-ed

i don't like durians.Give me bad sore throat. tongue.gif

but that place really big.24 hrs some more. laugh.gif

sitting just ask for it. blink.gif

To avoid sore throat, you need to eat more, 1 whole fruit or more. Please do not eat a few seeds only. If possible, drink salt water from the husk. thumbsup.gif

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:13 PM

Ronleo
  • Premium member
    Ronleo
    Supercharged

anyone knows the current rates for mao shan wang??

saw my place selling for $10/kg... very cheap

dun know real or fake...

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:10 PM

Chewbacca
  • Chewbacca
    5th Gear

ten dollars? A bit too cheap leh. I saw my brother in law buying. Eighteen dollars for one kg. last time bought in malaysia, also near forty ringgit for one kg....

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:15 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear

buy from jb best. RM12/kg. red meat and bitter. small seed.
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:25 PM

Csnewbie
  • Csnewbie
    Supercharged

To avoid sore throat, you need to eat more, 1 whole fruit or more. Please do not eat a few seeds only. If possible, drink salt water from the husk. thumbsup.gif

thanks pal,i still don't like durians.

but once in a bm i still try it. tongue.gif
Relocated

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

Masterclass17
  • Masterclass17
    1st Gear

Wah the season is finally here. Cant wait to whack!

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

Darthrevan
  • Premium member
    Darthrevan
    Turbocharged

dun know real or fake...

depends..there are 15 clones for 猫山王..so the quality is different for each type..prices can be from $12-18 depending on the variant
NwŻl tash. Dzwol sh‚sotkun. Sh‚sotjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu tyŻk.
TyŻkjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu midwan. MidwanjontŻ ch‚tsatul nu asha.
AshajontŻ kotswinot itsu nuyak. Wonoksh Qy‚sik nun.

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:34 PM

Csnewbie
  • Csnewbie
    Supercharged

Wah the season is finally here. Cant wait to whack!

don't get whacked by durians instead. tongue.gif
Relocated

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

Maoshanwang
  • Maoshanwang
    Neutral Newbie

dun know real or fake...

Those $9 or $10 MSW are those that already on the shelf for 3 or 4 days that's why going lelong at that price. There is a durian stall at Serangoon North selling at $9/Kg for MSW but the durian are those small type, usually 1 or 2 seeds only.

Posted 13 April 2011 - 04:56 PM

Ender
  • Premium member
    Ender
    NOS-ed

Those $9 or $10 MSW are those that already on the shelf for 3 or 4 days that's why going lelong at that price. There is a durian stall at Serangoon North selling at $9/Kg for MSW but the durian are those small type, usually 1 or 2 seeds only.

An honor to meet you MSW, from a fellow durian lover..
RIP Johnny.

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

Ordix
  • Premium member
    Ordix
    3rd Gear

U know where the holland v XO beehoon? The new place near dover... 2 shops away from the kopi tiam got sell durian...

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

Masterclass17
  • Masterclass17
    1st Gear

Think the fruits wholesaler along Kim Tian Road also got stall selling, quite popular with the residents there

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:27 PM

Harrods
  • Harrods
    Clutched

bukit batok east blk 274 there got one stall, sell MSW at 10/kg and they have other types too. just be there at 7+ and see which stall is with the most cust can liaoz( theres a few stalls there).

be early if not all gone liaoz. best time is to reach at 7+ coz the boss told me tat durian truck arrive at 6+ so at 7+ will get the "freshest".

got 1 time reach at 8+ all sold out liaoz. haha so i believe that not all $10/kg MSW is overnite one.

o ya... the reason why i go to them is that in my opinion they are honest in doing their biz. coz if u check liaoz and see that its ripe, but when they open all and see some sctors nt reach standards, they will "compensate" with other diuran, if not they will just change the whole fruit. ( i always ask them to box it so tat can see all the "sectors" if u noe wad i mean )

then they also use electrical scale, and they put in a place where u can see the measurment, so i think i would kana tok ba....

lolx they provide "call to order" also lolx ... that is if u trust them enough.

ps: not related to them in any other way just a regular cust. if u think i'm doing an adv for them, PLS DO NOT VISIT THEM! lolx (sorry for the powderful england coz mi no study high high)

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Others Top

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users