The Whiskey Thread

Parkingidiot

What's your favourite Whiskey brand(s)?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Whiskey(s) (includes single malts, bourbon, blended, etc)

• Glenfiddich
    • Macallan
    • Glenlivet
    • Highland Park
    • Ballantines
    • Cutty Sark
    • Johnnie Walker
    • Chivas
    • Jim Beam
    • Gentleman Jack
    • Jack Daniels
    • Others
  2. 2. Other Drinks (everything else)

• Beer
    • Tequila
    • Rum
    • Vodka
    • Red Wine
    • White Wine
    • Champagne
    • Cocktails
    • Soft Drinks
    • Water
    • Others

your hand looks too small for you leh.....

you know what they say about small hands....... [laugh][laugh]

knn, you all damn good imagination lah, big until grossly exaggerated.

I'm just s plain, small size fellow......... -_-

↡ Advertisement

Bro. you buay swee lah, start this thread, neber chio me in. No gimme face lah.

Anyway, this is the bottle in my office, just taken, so people cannot say how siao, and yes, that is my hand. [laugh]

hmn...thats good stuff. How i wish i can have 1 now.. on the rocks..best

Edited by Baphomet

overpower the whisky? What have u been eating, a decomposing skunk? LOL

whisky has such a high alcoholic content, not easy to overpower it, unless u drink it diluted with coke, soda or too much water.

Usually i drink it almost neat....without ice, coke or whatever, just a few drops of water.

Usually i have some strong stuff to go with it, like smoked herring or veal sausages.

really? I find that even Pringles and potato chips.. which are the easiest bites to find... has an effect on the taste of the whisky leh.

Bro. you buay swee lah, start this thread, neber chio me in. No gimme face lah.

Anyway, this is the bottle in my office, just taken, so people cannot say how siao, and yes, that is my hand. [laugh]

bro.. I mentioned you in the 1st line of 1st post already!! hail.gif

Give respect liao! You inspired this thread... I need to go back tonight and take a couple of shots ... damn, I'm thirsty!

talking about that ... do you guys have any bites or snacks or tid-bits to go with your whiskies?

I can't help but take munchies... but I find the taste of these snacks often overpower the whisky.

What is the best bite to go with a whisky?

it shall depends on where you drink wor

it shall depends on where you drink wor

true... I think whiskey is best enjoyed with friends over a discussion of sports, politics, cars and women... sometimes over a game of poker... and not necessarily in that order.

best place to have a whisky - someone's porch, dining room, living room, even garden party. Whilst pubs are alright - I prefer beer over hard liquor in pubs.

hmn...thats good stuff. How i wish i can have 1 now.. on the rocks..best

Did you know thatit's blasphemes to mix whiskey with water? :D :D

bro.. I mentioned you in the 1st line of 1st post already!!

Give respect liao! You inspired this thread... I need to go back tonight and take a couple of shots ... damn, I'm thirsty!

Joking with you lah. Eyh, IRISH COFFEE!! WOOHOO!! [laugh] [laugh]

true... I think whiskey is best enjoyed with friends over a discussion of sports, politics, cars and women... sometimes over a game of poker... and not necessarily in that order.

best place to have a whisky - someone's porch, dining room, living room, even garden party. Whilst pubs are alright - I prefer beer over hard liquor in pubs.

for me abit different. I dun like to drink beer at pubs. i have this problem with beer. everytime i drink beer..i have to keep going toilet to pee..i prefer drink beer at home with friends over a football telecast.

as for whiskey, I like to drink it when I go KTV(family concept) with my buddies. don't know isit the whiskey or I tipsy..I seems to sing better after drinking. [laugh][laugh]

woah..blasphemes..so serious ar.. :o

maybe when I reach your age I will be able to appreciate whiskey like you. :D

For me I like it cold. [rolleyes]

Edited by Baphomet

I personally love to sip a shot of whiskey, while watching the sunset over a beach.

Once I did so during a exercise, completed, took a nice long sip watching the sunrise.....was a cold morning...went down great. Ahhh..... :D

for me abit different. I dun like to drink beer at pubs. i have this problem with beer. everytime i drink beer..i have to keep going toilet to pee..i prefer drink beer at home with friends over a football telecast.

as for whiskey, I like to drink it when I go KTV(family concept) with my buddies. don't know isit the whiskey or I tipsy..I seems to sing better after drinking. [laugh][laugh]

Supercharged

how about whisky on rocks? JAMES BOND 007

no leh.. the fella never drink whisky.. . only dry martini, shaken not stirred.

haha thats funny! [laugh]

I think i saw an episode of mythbuster talking about this.

They testing weather really got difference between shakened and stirred.

Edited by Baphomet

I personally love to sip a shot of whiskey, while watching the sunset over a beach.

Once I did so during a exercise, completed, took a nice long sip watching the sunrise.....was a cold morning...went down great. Ahhh..... :D

wow..thats 禪.. ^_^

where got time to appreciate the beauty of nature? only time i can relax is at night when kids and wife slept. :mellow:

Edited by Baphomet

Unfortunately during exercises, never got opportunity to get whisky; at the most find beer only.

Except for 1 time in ROC on a DivEx; was playing poker in the mess. Quite a high stakes table then (on an NS allowance lah [:p] ). The other players included the Bde Comdr, the CSMs from the MedCoy, S2 from my unit, the BMO and another couple of guys can't remember who. There was this one round, when I had a flush, and all the rest of the players folded except for the CSM. We were drinking coffee laced with whiskey (I dunno where the whisky came from). We were upping the stakes until there was about 300 bucks in the pot, (2LT allowance then was about $500+ only) - so that was about 1/2 a months pay, no joke sia. I was sweating. The whisky helped to prop me up. Cut a long story short - I lost the hand - the CSM had a full house. Sheesh...

↡ Advertisement