The Whiskey Thread

Parkingidiot

What's your favourite Whiskey brand(s)?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Whiskey(s) (includes single malts, bourbon, blended, etc)

• Glenfiddich
    • Macallan
    • Glenlivet
    • Highland Park
    • Ballantines
    • Cutty Sark
    • Johnnie Walker
    • Chivas
    • Jim Beam
    • Gentleman Jack
    • Jack Daniels
    • Others
  2. 2. Other Drinks (everything else)

• Beer
    • Tequila
    • Rum
    • Vodka
    • Red Wine
    • White Wine
    • Champagne
    • Cocktails
    • Soft Drinks
    • Water
    • Others

Wow! Nurtured and nourished when young. [laugh] [laugh]

I'll add some to their milk to knock them off before enjoying mine... :D:D

↡ Advertisement

I know bro. Just teasing him. My server room is a nice 18C thought. [rolleyes]

Server rooms are best. My room is around 21C. Ppl come in and get frozen, so they cut short their speech watsoever. [laugh][laugh]

Yeah, mine is 24/7, and I keep my green coffee beans on the upper deck, which is at a constant 21C. Happy beans, happy coffee, happy drinker. :D

Server rooms are best. My room is around 21C. Ppl come in and get frozen, so they cut short their speech watsoever. [laugh][laugh]

WoW! Fresh coconut juice with JD?! That's one cocktail I would never have come up with myself! Sounds really interesting. Perhaps will try it, or a variation of it at the upcoming National Cocktail Competition! Thanks for the idea!! [thumbsup]

Yeah u r free to use it. I drink it quite often now.

Just name it "Pisces surprise" can already. :D

Yeah, a "69" climax also full of surprises. [laugh] [laugh]

Yeah u r free to use it. I drink it quite often now.

Just name it "Pisces surprise" can already. :D

Hey that's nice to know!! Thanks for the pairing suggestions! It's not often we get good pairings with local cuisine as most of these books are written by ang mohs...what the FCUK do they know about asian cuisine man?!

Here's something that's little known in the western world...Pei Tan (Century Egg) goes really well with Champagne! The more flavourful ones such as Bollinger & Veuve Cliquot...

Great idea. Next MU I bring the Pei Tan n u can bring the Champagne. [laugh]

For hard liqour, i tried many before, ranging from chivas, johnny walker,etc..

As for beer, it's also the same..

My fav beer would probably be Harry's premium lager :wub:

-_-

Mouth is watering now... But then again, still cannot forget the experience of drinking whiskey on a cold wintry night in Scotland... You can feel the warmth moving down south...

Drinking whiskey in S'pore can never beat that experience. Too damn hot!!!

i routinely drink whisky under the hot sun while fishing, no ice, no water, neat out of the bottle.

The trick is to drink very light-coloured whiskies.....these have the least tannin.....the more tannin, the more headache under the hot sun. Take a cue from the Caribbean pirates....they drink clear rum under the hot sun after pilaging a few merchant ships.....yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

I suggest Jim Beam, the clearest variety, under the sun :)

Do any of you guys keep unopened whiskey bottles for the sake of collecting /memorablia, etc... eg, some people collect coke bottles?

I have a few of these. The oldest one is a bottle of whiskey given by a friend during my wedding. That bottle had been in his family for >20yrs. I had not opened it yet - so it's still Mint in Sealed Bottle (MISB). So it's nearly 40years old now. I can't remember the brand. I'll take a pic tonight and share here for you guys to salivate over.

I know once it's uncasked and bottle, this no longer improves the flavour or mellows it, but it's kind of cool to have a MISB whisky thats nearly half a century old, waiting for that one special occasion to be opened.

I never bother keeping, if I did, I'd have a room full, from over the years.

I do have one bottle of wine, from Citibank, like 28yrs old. Think I can use it as vinegar now. [laugh]

Do any of you guys keep unopened whiskey bottles for the sake of collecting /memorablia, etc... eg, some people collect coke bottles?

I have a few of these. The oldest one is a bottle of whiskey given by a friend during my wedding. That bottle had been in his family for >20yrs. I had not opened it yet - so it's still Mint in Sealed Bottle (MISB). So it's nearly 40years old now. I can't remember the brand. I'll take a pic tonight and share here for you guys to salivate over.

I know once it's uncasked and bottle, this no longer improves the flavour or mellows it, but it's kind of cool to have a MISB whisky thats nearly half a century old, waiting for that one special occasion to be opened.

Sometimes, sweet, sometimes, salty, but so damn mellow, specially the sound effects that come together. [rolleyes]

Ya something like 'Climax 69" also sounds good. [laugh]

Sometimes, sweet, sometimes, salty, but so damn mellow, specially the sound effects that come together. [rolleyes]

For some I wil wear earplugs cos I know ty scream a lot n it kinda of makes me deaf after. [laugh]

THX, Surrond, AC-3?? [laugh] [laugh]

Only 1 speaker but 1000 watts RMS at full blast. Scream till whole neighbourhood also can hear. Especially if late at night when it is very quiet outside.[laugh]

Wah! Liddat if 11th floor, window face downstairs open carpark, knn, got ECHO sial. [laugh] [laugh]

Only 1 speaker but 1000 watts RMS at full blast. Scream till whole neighbourhood also can hear. Especially if late at night when it is very quiet outside.[laugh]

Wah! Liddat if 11th floor, window face downstairs open carpark, knn, got ECHO sial. [laugh] [laugh]

My younger days I have ger stay overnight, next morning my neighbours all give me the [sly] look. But only the men hor.

The women dare not look straight at me even. Maybe they too shy? [blush]

They scared you make them stay overnight, and worse, no money!! [laugh] [laugh]

My younger days I have ger stay overnight, next morning my neighbours all give me the [sly] look. But only the men hor.

The women dare not look straight at me even. Maybe they too shy? [blush]

↡ Advertisement