Change of colour

Minikong

i notice my car look too fierce, and i want to change to some colour more bright and cute

i have pumpkin colour in mind, and i had heard changing of colour required to inform lta these all,

any ppl have experience in this?post-75526-1302928966_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

i notice my car look too fierce, and i want to change to some colour more bright and cute

i have pumpkin colour in mind, and i had heard changing of colour required to inform lta these all,

any ppl have experience in this?

Inform LTA of change of colour is very easy.

Paying for a new paintjob of different colour is not so easy. [laugh]

Inform LTA of change of colour is very easy.

Paying for a new paintjob of different colour is not so easy. [laugh]

how come? no ppl want to do? or very hard to find a nicely done 1?

To re-spray yr Mini new colour n doing a professional job might cost u closse to $2K.

Take that $$$ n buy us all a nice dinner better. [thumbsup]

actually, respraying a car is really not necessary unless u kena badly scratched.

TS wanna change image mah, its another intention.

Bro, I think if you are happy with it, just go ahead and do so, I think Mini looks good in brighter colours as well, must have some country flag too, but then will look abit common.

Respraying your Mini need to submit / inform LTA prior to work carry out.

When respray the exterior of your wheels, the engine bay will have diff colour, pls consider otherwise better leave it as your Mini front grilles designed in such. (try deocrate the front grilled but not install the LED day lights as that's illegal !)

Respraying will afffect your pre-owed evaluation report as "VICOM" / "STA" will check the thickness of your paint-work as if you intend to sell-off your car and you'll NOT be getting an "A" BUT "B" and your re-sales values will drop by at least S$ 3K !

In conclusion, not wise at all for re-spraying !

Edited by Jefkking
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

actually, respraying a car is really not necessary unless u kena badly scratched.

agree lar... just like car new new, drive very careful... sometime down the road, sure to kena knock here and there... after that.... tokyo drift..... [laugh][:p]

Every workshop give different prices and hence different quality of work. If you are easy going guy, normal standard of paintwork will be acceptable. Expensive workshop have its woes as well, if you are fussy and like to nitpick.

Engine bay different colour is of biggest concern to me. So ugly.

Second one is, when they spray the inner door panel, your leather and plastic has to be taken out. What if they don't put back properly or damage them? Later have vibration noises etc.

When respray the exterior of your wheels, the engine bay will have diff colour, pls consider otherwise better leave it as your Mini front grilles designed in such. (try deocrate the front grilled but not install the LED day lights as that's illegal !)

Respraying will afffect your pre-owed evaluation report as "VICOM" / "STA" will check the thickness of your paint-work as if you intend to sell-off your car and you'll NOT be getting an "A" BUT "B" and your re-sales values will drop by at least S$ 3K !

You sure Bo? Sounds like nonsense leh...

I change colour before

1) after spray Liao, just go online, click car plate n nric, choose primary and secondary colour. Done! Lta informed!

2) dealer has recently seen my car, no mention they must deduct due to colour change. My colour purple.

3) u sell to dealer go sta or vicom for what? And they very reliable meh? And where u get your 3-5k from? Why not 4-6? And if as you say, they check thickness of paint, it means u kena short change or go for cheap workmanship. It is not the change of colur that is the problem

Alot of misinformed answers leh

Twincharged

If the respray don't go for those cheap type they will respray engine bay also. And the workmanship good the paint thickness should be the same as they will remove the old paint before spraying.

Body wrap lor. Not happy can change again. No need inform LTA also and still can remain original color. Wun affect export value also. Win friggin win

Supersonic
(edited)

How to inform LTA change of colour? Via their website? 

1. Go to http://www.onemotoring.com.sg, on the top menu, click on "Log In", then "Singpass" 

2. Once you have login with your Singpass, on the top menu click on "Ownership", then "Vehicle Scheme/Specifications", then "Amend my vehicle specifications"

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)

Body wrap lor. Not happy can change again. No need inform LTA also and still can remain original color. Wun affect export value also. Win friggin win

i was considering wrapping - cheaper and faster... until i read the posts from ppl who wanted to change the wrapping a second time !! not easy to rewrap it anything happens to the first wrap.

Edited by Ysc3