Can Total Loss car be resold in the market?

Roadhogger

Hi JefKKing

so you mean we can sue the dealer for the compensation?

or shall we just get back the amount we paid to get the car from them?

tq

If the vehicle is no longer under one's ownership, the seller is technically not liable for any issues. Unless the seller is a dealer, the dealer will have a lemon law covered if there happens to be any issues with the car under the new owner. Nevertheless, it's subjected to their own sales and purchase agreement terms & conditions. Be sure to check the agreement when signing before/otherwise it’s too late.

http://www.motorist.sg/article/4/4-facts-of-lemon-law-on-used-car-purchases?utm_source=forum&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=mcf

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

I met a serious accident in 2013... and the insurer has declared my VW Golf “not economical to repair” and declared it total loss. Due to existing high loan, if i scrap, i need to fork out close to about $30k after minus my paper value. So i choose to find a workshop and try to “revive” it.

Indeed, the workshop had to use recon parts to repair due to pay out budget insufficient. And my Golf is never the same as before anymore. Keyless, Optical Parking, ABS, rain sensor all these are unable to link and cant work at all. But the car can be driven. And I carry on driving it, changed Mechantronics as well, for a good 3.5yrs.

As my golf went in workshop many times this year, the longest stay is 2 months and still unable to rectify the issue. I decided to change car and trade in my Golf. I top up a good $28k to pay back my existing Golf Loan. And i request the dealer to scrap it as they take in paper + body for trade in.

1 month on, i saw my golf on sgcarmart listed for sale. Apparently, the dealer said all has been rectify with some new parts. And after listing for close to 1.5mth, My golf was sold. (i hope the next owner will not suffer any issue). It was beyond my means as I traded in as scrap value. The dealer also adjust milege by about 10k...

Moral of the story:

1) Dont take high loan or 100% loan. If u no choice got to take 100% loan, pls drive safe and dont total loss it.

2) Always check the 2nd hand car that u intend to buy if the car is total loss or accident before. Normally tell-tail signs are the screws.

3) If in doubt of actual milege, always check if the interior match the milege. Becos dealers will try to cover up as much as they can.

Lastly, sorry to the next owner of the Golf. I want to scrap it. But the dealer sell it instead.

• Praise 4

I met a serious accident in 2013... and the insurer has declared my VW Golf “not economical to repair” and declared it total loss. Due to existing high loan, if i scrap, i need to fork out close to about $30k after minus my paper value. So i choose to find a workshop and try to “revive” it.

Indeed, the workshop had to use recon parts to repair due to pay out budget insufficient. And my Golf is never the same as before anymore. Keyless, Optical Parking, ABS, rain sensor all these are unable to link and cant work at all. But the car can be driven. And I carry on driving it, changed Mechantronics as well, for a good 3.5yrs.

As my golf went in workshop many times this year, the longest stay is 2 months and still unable to rectify the issue. I decided to change car and trade in my Golf. I top up a good $28k to pay back my existing Golf Loan. And i request the dealer to scrap it as they take in paper + body for trade in.

1 month on, i saw my golf on sgcarmart listed for sale. Apparently, the dealer said all has been rectify with some new parts. And after listing for close to 1.5mth, My golf was sold. (i hope the next owner will not suffer any issue). It was beyond my means as I traded in as scrap value. The dealer also adjust milege by about 10k...

Moral of the story:

1) Dont take high loan or 100% loan. If u no choice got to take 100% loan, pls drive safe and dont total loss it.

2) Always check the 2nd hand car that u intend to buy if the car is total loss or accident before. Normally tell-tail signs are the screws.

3) If in doubt of actual milege, always check if the interior match the milege. Becos dealers will try to cover up as much as they can.

Lastly, sorry to the next owner of the Golf. I want to scrap it. But the dealer sell it instead.

• Praise 1

I suppose those that have 20000 rebate would also take note that the scrap value of the car is about 2 to 3K.

That means on year 2 onwards, its literally beyond economical repair. u in a big chunk out of pocket.

Ya... vezel ARF $5k... so low....