How often do you change wiper blade?

Quantum

My previous workhorse driven for 8 years... and i changed the wiper only once...

So average is about 4 years?

I washed car almost weekly... and clay my windscreen monthly.. it does help to maintain smoothness...

In my wiper reservoir, I did put some windscreen solution...

This solution helps?

7615_1.jpg

You sure know how to maintain the car bro. My wiper will gone case like 1 and 1/2 year... [:(]

my wiper still the original wiper since day 1.

im driving honda accord

How long have you been driving the accord bro?

use what scrub arh? I scare it leave scratches leh...hahahha. And use what products?

Woah.... Bro, u use what wiper arh? LOL. Or u never use wiper one? LOL!

Like some mentioned, you can clay, but using some dish washing detergent or vineger is good enough for me.

If wiper is factory original and no cracks along the blades, no need to change one, i.e. you can still feel the suppleness of the blades (not hardened).

Those asking you to change every 6 months/1 year are wiper sellers or for those not using original factory wipers.

• Praise 1

Today day 2? [laugh]

my wiper still the original wiper since day 1.

im driving honda accord

First time hear of clay windscreen. Looks like must try.

I washed car almost weekly... and clay my windscreen monthly.. it does help to maintain smoothness..

Today day 2? [laugh]

First time hear of clay windscreen. Looks like must try.

windscreen got lotsa oil film, grims and sands/minute particles which can't be removed just by washing alone.

Edited by Kangadrool

it is not how often one change wiper, dependent on your daily usage and care.

Always wipe of wiper blade with wet tissue / clean cloth to smoothen off any stain, tar and bird shit before i drive off for the day work.

I apply RainX onto front screen/ and all sides to dampen any stain, so when it rains, the wiper has less stress on the blades,

Juz like checking car tyres bi-weekly pressure, top-up water reservoir, monthly brake-system on wear and tear, EO level and brake fluid etc.

Try not to use cheap blade, ( cheap thing dont come good and good thing dont come cheap. )

• Praise 1

it is not how often one change wiper, dependent on your daily usage and care.

Always wipe of wiper blade with wet tissue / clean cloth to smoothen off any stain, tar and bird shit before i drive off for the day work.

I apply RainX onto front screen/ and all sides to dampen any stain, so when it rains, the wiper has less stress on the blades,

Juz like checking car tyres bi-weekly pressure, top-up water reservoir, monthly brake-system on wear and tear, EO level and brake fluid etc.

Try not to use cheap blade, ( cheap thing dont come good and good thing dont come cheap. )

How you wipe your blade ar?

I wipe with wet tissue, the tissue turns black immediately. Even after multiple rounds with new ones, it still turns black. Is that normal?

[:|]

• Praise 1

How you wipe your blade ar?

I wipe with wet tissue, the tissue turns black immediately. Even after multiple rounds with new ones, it still turns black. Is that normal?

[:|]

It will always be black no matter how many times you wipe. Important thing is, you give it a good wipe a number of times to clear off dirt and grim. It is impossible to make it 100% clinically clean.

• Praise 1

Currently driving honda stream,,into 5th year.. I think change once...change once or twice Liao...bought the replacement from Stamford tyres as I stay in the west..also had bought from giant.... With our sunny weather, the rubber on the wipers will tend to harden and cause juddering effect.

Before the stream, I was driving the first generation optra, Apparently, GM had put a layer of film on the windscreen...and I almost had to change the wiper every quarter during the first two years...

• Praise 1

About a year for me. When it can No longer provide a clear view. To me, driving when wipers switch on distract bit of my attention on road. If raining heavily, no choice. Safety first.

• Praise 1

It will always be black no matter how many times you wipe. Important thing is, you give it a good wipe a number of times to clear off dirt and grim. It is impossible to make it 100% clinically clean.

I will always do that when I wash my car.

Hi guys. . . Wanna ask for all of your opinion that should i change my wiper now? My wiper doesn't really wiper properly as it take a few swipe to make the vision clear. But still no weird sound yet.

Should i wait for rainy season then change? i scare now i change liao later the sun just dry up the rubber. Then wasted. . .

What you all say?

I think you should only change when you see PROMOTION....hahaha

Just kidding.

By the way, I think you should change to a new pair seems it does really wipe properly.

But upon changing, try to clean it regularly with either wet tissue or cloth..

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Mine still wiping the screen clean after 7 years. Still on the first pair since I got the car.

I believe those cars usually parked with shelter (MSCP), seldom drive out under the hot sun. Usually OPC cars.

Change once a year. Last changed in October, before the torrential rain. But now become hot and dry again. The wiper rubbers tend to dry and harden during this kind of weather.

Twincharged

I believe those cars usually parked with shelter (MSCP), seldom drive out under the hot sun. Usually OPC cars.

Not true. My block no MSCP. Parked under the sun most of the time. I clean the wiper blades every weekend when I was the car.

I think you should only change when you see PROMOTION....hahaha

Just kidding.

By the way, I think you should change to a new pair seems it does really wipe properly.

But upon changing, try to clean it regularly with either wet tissue or cloth..

Haha. Ya lor. Should have bought one as a spare one when i am chance upon it.

I have changed liao. I am using the bosch aerotwin wiper blade. Since i am receiving so many tips here, i tot of spending abit more and maintain it. If can use for 2 years means it is super worth it!

↡ Advertisement