How often do you change wiper blade?

Quantum

Haha. Ya lor. Should have bought one as a spare one when i am chance upon it.

I have changed liao. I am using the bosch aerotwin wiper blade. Since i am receiving so many tips here, i tot of spending abit more and maintain it. If can use for 2 years means it is super worth it!

Now got promo for your bosch aerotwin.. See whether you wanna get spare one:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=showprod&product=67536

↡ Advertisement

How you wipe your blade ar?

I wipe with wet tissue, the tissue turns black immediately. Even after multiple rounds with new ones, it still turns black. Is that normal?

[:|]

It's not the frequency of changing but daily care and maintenance is required, check bi-monthly and often after raining days or dry spell, when the sun heat and toxic rains causes heavy damage to the screen

If they blades are hard and stiff, change it, I uses good silicon blades fm USA, a pair cost $75/ ( Goodyear brand )

• Praise 1

How you wipe your blade ar?

I wipe with wet tissue, the tissue turns black immediately. Even after multiple rounds with new ones, it still turns black. Is that normal?

[:|]

I am facing the same issue. Use my car cleaning cloth to wipe the blade but superb lack no matter how many times I wipe. More power than kiwi..

Just wipe it a few times liao can; don't need to wipe until the blades eroded. Clean it, but not too clean. [flowerface]

I am facing the same issue. Use my car cleaning cloth to wipe the blade but superb lack no matter how many times I wipe. More power than kiwi..

Never had problems with wipers. Every 20k changed and it's part of my 40k package. But it's a waste as my wipers are still in good condition when they changed.

Can use glass wipes wet tissue also.

I use this for

my glasses, smartphone screen, computer screen, keyboard, mirrors......

Of course, I use it for car windscreen, mirrors, headlights, tail lights, speedometers...... too

I wipe my glasses -> handphone screen -> mirrors -> windscreens, and lastly wipers, all in a single sheet in this order.

For windscreen, you can wipe until the tissue becomes "dry", then kim kim koot koot liao. Use it last on wipers as tissue is now dirty and almost dry. The purpose is to remove dirt and grimes, not to polish your wipers off its protective rubber "juice". Also, it contains ethanol, so you don't want this to attack the rubbers.

As with anything wet, it will leave traces/marks behind, just use a dry cloth or tissue to buff it and everything is kim kim koot koot.

Where to buy?

Japan Home. But, most shops should have also including Daiso.

How much?

$1.90 for a pack.

How many sheets?

44 sheets in a pack.

What is the cost/sheet?

$0.0431818181818182

Edited by Kangadrool

I use expired wet tissue to wipe my wipers once a week or two, or when I'm idle waiting for my kids.

My stock wipers 3 years already. No streaking nothing.

To the guys above mention claying the windscreen.

How do u do it? tear a bit and clay then throw or use the whole chunk and reuse for next time?

Edited by Solar

Drove 4.5yr. 140k mileage.

Never change wiper before.

Wash car every two three days and wipe the wiper with wet tissue.

Edited by Mcf777

Just to let u guys know Stamford tyres got promotion for Bosch Aerotwin. A pair regardless of size is $45 with a bottle of Sonax windscreen washer fluid (which will cost at least $12.60 outside).

So total u only pay less than $33 for a pair of Aerotwin.

Good deal I would say.

Aerotwin Promo for premiere members only $15 a pair leh!

Dont know abt what member but general public who walk in to buy can get them at $45 with the Sonax thingy.

Even when Concorde Accessories got sale is still $35 per pair.

Edited by Fcw75
↡ Advertisement