How often do you change wiper blade?

Quantum

Aerotwin is $45

Aerofit is $15

i bought a set of aerofit n aerotwin at $45+$15.. Got free wiper fluid, one small bottle n 1 big bottle.. Good deal! I didn't know about the free gift, really a pleasant surprise
↡ Advertisement

i bought a set of aerofit n aerotwin at $45+$15.. Got free wiper fluid, one small bottle n 1 big bottle.. Good deal! I didn't know about the free gift, really a pleasant surprise

Hi Chucky2007

I remember I sold to you 1 aerotwin and 1 aerofit... thanks for your support.

Just mix the sonax clearview in your water tank.... :D:D:D

Hi, just checking has the promotion ended? Thanks.

Hi DarkFlyer

We have extended our promotion. You can drop by anytime at our office 66 Tannery Lane #05-08 Sindo Bldg. Maybe you can give us a call to check if we have stock. I also Need to know the vehicle type and year of make.

Supercharged

I have a weird problem... the right most end of my right hand side wiper judders after like 5 swipes..

even in heavy rain... damn irritating... any idea anyone??

i don't wax my windscreen.. I tried new wipers okay for first week.. after that happen again..

heavy rain very irritating.. keeps juddering..

I have a weird problem... the right most end of my right hand side wiper judders after like 5 swipes..

even in heavy rain... damn irritating... any idea anyone??

i don't wax my windscreen.. I tried new wipers okay for first week.. after that happen again..

heavy rain very irritating.. keeps juddering..

Bro Knoobie,

Just to share what I have been doing so far:

1. After car washing, I use glass compound to ensure no stubborn oil and dirt on my wind screen. The glass compound can be of any brand.

2. Use RainX (or any brand), rain water repellent, Rain water will become water beads at certain speed, you do not even need to use your wiper. The windscreen glass would be very smooth, so our wiper will be just sliding on the smooth screen. I hardly use the wiper, unless it is raining very heavily. FYI, I change wiper blade on the fifth year.

This method you can do it once a month. Hope this help. :D

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Bro Knoobie,

Just to share what I have been doing so far:

1. After car washing, I use glass compound to ensure no stubborn oil and dirt on my wind screen. The glass compound can be of any brand.

2. Use RainX (or any brand), rain water repellent, Rain water will become water beads at certain speed, you do not even need to use your wiper. The windscreen glass would be very smooth, so our wiper will be just sliding on the smooth screen. I hardly use the wiper, unless it is raining very heavily. FYI, I change wiper blade on the fifth year.

This method you can do it once a month. Hope this help. :D

you see, it's not the entire blade that's juddering.. it's only at the end of one part of the blade that causes juddering..

probably the glass compound could help.. but RainX I saw some forumers complaining that it caused them even worse juddering.. so i'm not so keen to try that.

thanks for sharing anyway! [thumbsup]

btw, what kinda glass compound do you uses?

you see, it's not the entire blade that's juddering.. it's only at the end of one part of the blade that causes juddering..

probably the glass compound could help.. but RainX I saw some forumers complaining that it caused them even worse juddering.. so i'm not so keen to try that.

thanks for sharing anyway! [thumbsup]

btw, what kinda glass compound do you uses?

I see what you meant. I think your blade needs to be replaced.

When I bought my second RainX rain water repellent, the shop attendant also said about its bad review while my answer was "I have no problem with it".

Somehow, the key issue is the glass has be thoroughly cleaned prior to the water repellent application, as the water repellent is just a protective coat over whatever on the screen glass. So when the glass is not clean, then whatever oil, dirt and fluorine film deposits still stay there, "overlaid by water repellent coating". You do not get the intended optimum result.

FYI, the glass compound is Glaco of soft 99, though there r some other brand too. [;)]

Supercharged

I see what you meant. I think your blade needs to be replaced.

When I bought my second RainX rain water repellent, the shop attendant also said about its bad review while my answer was "I have no problem with it".

Somehow, the key issue is the glass has be thoroughly cleaned prior to the water repellent application, as the water repellent is just a protective coat over whatever on the screen glass. So when the glass is not clean, then whatever oil, dirt and fluorine film deposits still stay there, "overlaid by water repellent coating". You do not get the intended optimum result.

FYI, the glass compound is Glaco of soft 99, though there r some other brand too. [;)]

TBH, I am afraid of using the glass compound too.. Some people say using such stuff can cause further juddering :(

I tried changing new blades and they work perfect only like 1 week.. after that judder at the same area again...

to stop the judder, I have to stop using the wipers for like 5 mins before it stops juddering again..

Not sure why it's like that..

Change once a year. Last changed in October, before the torrential rain. But now become hot and dry again. The wiper rubbers tend to dry and harden during this kind of weather.

If u r using those normal rubber blades, best to change just as the rainy season starts so u wil hv good wipers during the whole rainy season n then next year do same again.

I now using silicon blades so it lasts easily 2-3 years b4 I need to change.

(edited)

I think I'm the most crazy with wipers.

I change every 2 months! Haha.

But, I have 6 pairs of wipers at my disposal. The original from my K5, 2 pairs from my previous Magentis and 3 newer pairs. Other than the original, the 5 pairs are all Aero twins.

I rotate them every 2 months. Wash them up, keep the rubbers soft by wiping Duragloss Rubber treatment, or something like that. Finally keep them back in the boxes till I rotate back to them again.

Edited by Eviltrap
  • Praise 1

Hi Chucky2007

I remember I sold to you 1 aerotwin and 1 aerofit... thanks for your support.

Just mix the sonax clearview in your water tank.... :D:D:D

Hi bro, I have been using the sonar clearview prior to getting the free bottle from you..hehe

U sell sell the sonax solution by gallons? Wow full van full of the pink liquid...

I change mine every 4 to 5 months. Tried the Bosch and cheap Q10 one, all last ard same duration if never maintain. I work in tuas under hot sun whole day and my windscreen becomes rough after few weeks if never maintain.

• Praise 1

I change only when necessary. No fix timings..

Ya.. why change when it's still able to do it's job.

For me I'm cheapo. Move the right blade to the left, then replace it with a new one..that's the side I'm seated and will need to see.

So one set can last 2x the time

• Praise 3

Ya.. why change when it's still able to do it's job.

For me I'm cheapo. Move the right blade to the left, then replace it with a new one..that's the side I'm seated and will need to see.

So one set can last 2x the time

• Praise 1