How often do you change wiper blade?

Quantum

mine coming to 3 years still good.

(I clock around 30,000km a year)

Wipers not really linked with mileage... depends on how you take care of it and where you park. If you wash your car often plus clean the wipers, and park in shaded areas, I think can last very long.

↡ Advertisement

Wipers not really linked with mileage... depends on how you take care of it and where you park. If you wash your car often plus clean the wipers, and park in shaded areas, I think can last very long.

make sense, my previous car always park under the sun as long as the sun is in the sky, wipers kaput in 6 months.

current car only park in covered car park.

Have been using the Bosch Aerotwin wipers since May 2014, and they still work as good as in Day 1. Never have I used a pair of wipers that's still working well after 2 1/2 years!

Got the wipers for free at the following clinic.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2694125-post-event-stamford-tyres-sonax-car-clinic-25-may/?hl=stamford

#BoschWipersBagus

Edited by Vinceng

True.

And avoid adding any liquid/solution to the wiper washer reservoir or apply something like rain X - wiper may shudder/vibrate/squeaky very soon.

Just top up with clean water the best/safest.

• Praise 1

True.

And avoid adding any liquid/solution to the wiper washer reservoir or apply something like rain X - wiper may shudder/vibrate/squeaky very soon.

Just top up with clean water the best/safest.

I am using BMW Summer wiper wash.  No shudder/vibrate/squeaky.  Windscreen clean clean after washer

• Praise 1

Have been using the Bosch Aerotwin wipers since May 2014, and they still work as good as in Day 1. Never have I used a pair of wipers that's still working well after 2 1/2 years!

Got the wipers for free at the following clinic.

http://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2694125-post-event-stamford-tyres-sonax-car-clinic-25-may/?hl=stamford

#BoschWipersBagus

i oso installed during that clinic together w sparkies! although wipers now have few fine water streaks after wipe but generally windscreen reasonably clear. my parking is sheltered at home mscp while at work sometimes parked outside. i cleaned the blades with wet tissues / serviettes during car wash about twice a month.

Some questions here:

1) When parking under the hot sun, do you all lift up the wipers?

2) How do you all clean the wipers normally? Use wet tissues or normal tissues with water? 

3) How do you all maintain your wipers? Clean when washing car?? Clean with what??

• Praise 1

Some questions here:

1) When parking under the hot sun, do you all lift up the wipers?

2) How do you all clean the wipers normally? Use wet tissues or normal tissues with water? 

3) How do you all maintain your wipers? Clean when washing car?? Clean with what??

I change wiper blade once a year.  Heck care whether it is a waste or not.

I will take it out & use dish detergent to clean it.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Turbocharged
(edited)

I'm going to try it soon. But my early suggestion is that don't bother using it to try and rejuvenate dried, hardened and cracked wipers. It's probably only good for wipers that are still supple but maybe have blade edge imperfections - like minor streaking, etc.

Edited by 7hm

Only once. Changed to silicon at $20 a blade

and it lasted 9 years.

:D  

But there are some people who complain that it jitters when used, is that true?

But there are some people who complain that it jitters when used, is that true?

Mine never judder in 9 years.

Maybe there is fake silicon.

Excess from breast enlargement made into wipers?

:D

every 3 months?

what car u driving and what mileage do u drive every month to require such a short oil change interval??

i service my car once ard 3 months.. the wksp i going have promo. free wiper for each servicing.