2011 Jaguar XF

Halo111094

Wahhhhhhh..........diesel tax so ex one har ?

Plus normal road tax and insurance gona cost a bomb.

i reckon 10k for a 3.0 diesel turbo ? [sweatdrop]

back from the showroom yest...

Currently they are giving dis of 15k till end jan which is tmr for the 3.0 v6... heard the 2.2 diesel will have more dis...

test drove the 2.2 diesel...sounds abit raw n alittle like boxter engine noise....steering was light but nt too light comparing to the golf which i drive...

did not test drive the v6 though hopefully its nt tt noisy....

they offer free cashless 3yrs servicing...

wad turns me off was the 2.1k extra tax i mus pay if i choose diesel...comparing to other brands the jaguar definitely does nt have good fc..

difficult to decide between the 2,2turbo vs v6

but interior wise its very nice...leather dashboard cool touchscreen...when start up nice welcome as in steering wheel move down, aircon vents up and gear knob floats up...

Hi,

For those driving the pre facelift 3.0L version, may I ask you what is your regular fuel consumption? Mine is around 13.5L/100KM, which is much higher than the stated 10.5L. Driving is around 60%highway/40% city. Love the ride though..

Seriously, what you guys think of the comparison between the BMW 528 versus Jaguar XF 3.0? Which one would you go for and why?

(edited)

Seriously, what you guys think of the comparison between the BMW 528 versus Jaguar XF 3.0? Which one would you go for and why?

jaguar xf rarer car more class

for mercedes and bmw is getting more and more common

and i see ppl winding down the windows and smoking....its nothing....but i think the image of such vehicles should be different

hence a jag over a bmw

Edited by Ithunk

haha the jag appeals to me tremendously indeed...but if ignoring the rare/class part, what do you think in terms of driving performance, comfort and technology between the two?

Jags are no longer on my radar as they have now been relegated to a legacy marque.

Importantly, they are still struggling to parallel the sharp steering and throttle response that has become household for beemers.

Not sure why, i have taken a liking to the XF lately. Shades of an Aston Martin.Not surprising as both came from the penmanship of Ian Callum.

I feel the interior of BMW 5 series is a tad more special. In terms of driving dynamics, the current 5 is also a tough act to beat.

But you are right, the XF buyers are more niche.

for mercedes and bmw is getting more and more common

and i see ppl winding down the windows and smoking....its nothing....but i think the image of such vehicles should be different

hence a jag over a bmw

haha the jag appeals to me tremendously indeed...but if ignoring the rare/class part, what do you think in terms of driving performance, comfort and technology between the two?

If you need performance then compare with the XFS. Sure you happy with the performance unless you want to go for XFR.

(edited)

I thought XF is the close equivalent to 528? Same type of class vehicle with similar horsepower and also very close OMV/selling price with each other...XFS or XFR maybe too high end for consideration..You feel the XF performance not as good? It is a V6 engine le...Another thing I note is, in TG review, they gave the XF a slightly higher rating than the 5 series..the current 5 series (520,523,528) is inline 4 only I think and not inline 6...I do know that the beemer usually come up top in handling...but not sure overall wise, does it still compare favourably to its competitors? I have come across quite a number of favourable reviews for the XF..

Edited by Damienic
↡ Advertisement