SDP Dr Wijeysingha to lead SDP team in Holland-Bukit Timah

Vulcann

SDP certainly has come a long way since the last GE.

I am quite impressed with Dr Wijeysingha since the live debate he had with PM together with 11 other folks some time back.

The news coverage just a while ago on him & his A-team when he put forth his thoughts on quite a few topics again was [thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

His team star partners like Mr Tan & Dr Ang were also impressive with their gentlemanly behaviour.

I guess confrontational style here is unpalatable to Singaporeans so it is a good thing if SDP is genuinely moving away from all that.

Love to see how our MCYS minister earns his pay by defending his turf against this SDP A-Team.

BTW, many of us are still bitter about the S$387m bill for the YOG...

From CNA:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin...1124552/1/.html

GE: Wijeysingha to lead SDP team in Holland-Bukit Timah

By Satish Cheney | Posted: 24 April 2011 1255 hrs

Edited by Vulcann
↡ Advertisement

hmm, but residents of Holland-BT are the well-off and these are the people more likely to vote for PAP.

They should send A-team to take on Georgie. They may even thrash and humiliate him, let alone win the GRC

hmm, but residents of Holland-BT are the well-off and these are the people more likely to vote for PAP.

They should send A-team to take on Georgie. They may even thrash and humiliate him, let alone win the GRC

That's the thing about landed folks-they apparently do not want to rock the boat.

I hope I am wrong about this.

actually they should take on MBT at Tampines GRC

actually they should take on MBT at Tampines GRC

Have the same thought.

If the main battle tank can be taken out, the rest of them should be able to be tackled....

But first things first, should aim for Georgie & his merry group first.

Seems to be the Achilles' Heel of the whole RP fortress.

That's the thing about landed folks-they apparently do not want to rock the boat.

I'm definitely not rich but my view is when u r rich and stable, u do not really want to rock the boat and rather maintain the status quo.

they will vote for PAP. And the expats as well. will they care who runs the GRC ?

and what did PM says about wards that do not vote for them will not be prioritised for upgrading. So if Hol-BT GRC gets Oppo MP, thats it. All canal widening and flood prevention works will stop. And value of that GRC will fall.

so i am questioning why send the A team to that GRC. who is their tactician and chief strategist. Sadly, if they lack in department, they are not ready to lead this country. Its like letting Steve McLaren manage England squad in from 2006-8

Very true.......those big bosses that I had come across and talk to are "MIW lovers". They way they treat MIW is like the way I worship Toa Peh Kong.All they want is a stable government + market,no changes is the best to them.

Hope he & his A-Team can take down this GRC [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

I know "4" man team, but I meant the +4 in another, very specific, "wise" way too. [;)]

I'm one of the very folks you reference, and speaking for my household, you're wrong about this. See my other "wise" post. [;)]

All I can hope for is that others think similarly. Let's not be defeatist.

Edited by Turboflat4

I'm one of the very folks you reference, and speaking for my household, you're wrong about this. See my other "wise" post. [;)]

All I can hope for is that others think similarly. Let's not be defeatist.

Good for you [thumbsup] & sorry about it [dead].

That's why I said "apparently"...

After reading the report on TOC and also the video...

Houston... we have a problem.... [shakehead]

Wouldn't change my mind. His orientation won't detract from his ability to lead. And I think it's unfair to judge his deportment too harshly from that video - clearly, this was taken at an informal gathering at some sort of clubhouse/pub-type setting. To be frank, some of the MIW official videos scared me a lot more - they looked and acted like some sort of simpering brainwashed "children of the corn" cult, for goodness' sake.

EDIT: Oh, Wijeysingha was the guy in the *audience*. In which case, what's all the fuss about? He carried himself perfectly OK.

In any case, if Vivian is alluding to this video with a view to an ad hominem insinuation against Vincent, then he (Vivian) is really playing dirty and hitting way below the belt. The gloves are coming off, finally and the MIW are revealing themselves to be the desperate snakes the wiser amongst us know them to have always been.

Edited by Turboflat4

what video and problem are you referring to

After reading the report on TOC and also the video...

Houston... we have a problem.... [shakehead]

Neutral Newbie

By the way, anyone know who from SDP will be contesting here in Sembawang GRC? still trying to figure out who are the ones coming this time

Actually, SDP should also look at how they create awareness about their campaign, rally, walkabout ...etc. Last election, I only know about their rally on the afternoon on the day itself and not of my neighbours/friends living in this area know about it (I was trying to ask them to go show support together). We also had a hard time trying to figure out who the candidates were, up till polling day.

↡ Advertisement