• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
54 replies to this topic | 13 praises

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:38 AM

Lurpsexx
  • Premium member
    Lurpsexx
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

I just wondering if we can register a passenger van ( Merc Vito or the Renault) as a S-plate vehicle to ferry 10 of our family in comfort.. priority is towards safety for the family and comfort..

I asked C&C and they have the Vianos (8 seater), but too ex ($195K), but the salesman say can register the diesel version as S-plate and no need pay diesel levy ($6-9k), but the road tax at $4k a yr knife.gif

Any bros or sis have this same dilemma? Whats your best choice vehicle as a big family carry all?

Thanks for reading and your kind response.. happy.gif

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:49 AM

Mllcg
  • Premium member
    Mllcg
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

I just wondering if we can register a passenger van ( Merc Vito or the Renault) as a S-plate vehicle to ferry 10 of our family in comfort.. priority is towards safety for the family and comfort..

I asked C&C and they have the Vianos (8 seater), but too ex ($195K), but the salesman say can register the diesel version as S-plate and no need pay diesel levy ($6-9k), but the road tax at $4k a yr knife.gif

Any bros or sis have this same dilemma? Whats your best choice vehicle as a big family carry all?

lol.

road tax of 4k IS already the diesel tax.

only the G-plate and C-plate no need pay diesel tax

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:18 AM

Car_Trader
  • Car_Trader
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

can consider those pre-owned used vehicles. they might come at a cheaper price at a lower depreciation for u. if possible try not to get disel vehicles, as they might be a burden in the long run considering the maintainance, etc.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:33 AM

Lurpsexx
  • Premium member
    Lurpsexx
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks for the feedback.. happy.gif

It's kinda hard to get a decently large vehicle to ferry a big family nowadays..

Seems to me like the govt people limit families to max 7-8 seater mpvs.. anyting bigger is classified as P or G plate commercial vehicles liao..

talk about having more kids; dunno if the MCYS n LTA in sync over the govt kuku programs.. knife.gif

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:53 AM

Good-Carbuyer

Hi all,

Can check with LTA? Nine used to be maximium, but now and then they do update their policies.

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:30 AM

Ivant
  • Ivant
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

don't you require class 4 license for >8pax?

Class 3 motor car =<3000kg with =<7 passengers, exclusive of the driver, and motor tractors/vehicles =<2500kg

Edited by Ivant, 29 April 2011 - 07:32 AM.

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:56 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

get a vito pa plate. if safety is piority, drive so fast for what. 70/80 can already. some more.can.do bus lane and leave all yoir s plate buddies behind in the jam cool.gif

anyway if your vito do full load, you reaaly want to do 110 meh? can brake in time?

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:29 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

what high mainteance toking you? diesel no spark plug, save until song song. pump diesel, pump until song song cool.gif

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:13 AM

Itsec
  • Itsec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

4k / yr is alot.. but not subjected to 3/4 rule... can pump in MY right?
I'm a nobody, but try to convey my message across uniquely :)

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:14 AM

Mkl22
  • Mkl22
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hi all,

ssyangyong stavic? it seats 9. 1 short of 10 though. rather cheap too.

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:42 AM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

4k / yr is alot.. but not subjected to 3/4 rule... can pump in MY right?

Commerical plate cannot drive over without a valid license.
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

Itsec
  • Itsec
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Commerical plate cannot drive over without a valid license.

i think he's talking about S plate.. which is private car registration.
I'm a nobody, but try to convey my message across uniquely :)

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:51 AM

Lurpsexx
  • Premium member
    Lurpsexx
    6th Gear
    Author Image

ssyangyong stavic? it seats 9. 1 short of 10 though. rather cheap too.

Ya, my fren has this car.. Merc engine inside this monster.. this seems the most plausible choice for me now.. ph34r.gif

Purpose is to ferry my extended family, not to go fast... so no need F&F with this big van la..

Ya, thanks for alerting me to the driving licence req... maybe tats why no big vans on the road for big families.. bigcry.gif

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:13 AM

Mike1234
  • Premium member
    Mike1234
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hi all,

Vianos (8 Seater) might as well get Big MPVs (Estima,etc) ....

Actually, u should really ask yourself if u really need a passenger Van to ferry 10 of your family all the time.....

-Within your family, is there any one else whom can also drive?

-Perhaps get a normal plate car and an OPC?

Just my opinion...

smile.gif

Posted 29 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

Nzy
  • Premium member
    Nzy
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yup. Getting 2 cars might be cheaper. My family doing that right now. Can save alot more. Total cost for both cars less than 70k and both not OPC.

Posted 30 April 2011 - 05:23 PM

Lurpsexx
  • Premium member
    Lurpsexx
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Just my opinion...

smile.gif

Vianos (8 Seater) might as well get Big MPVs (Estima,etc) ....
Estima is 7 seater, while Vianos is 8. Both i seen n sat in before liao.. Cost wise of course estima cheaper la, but priority is ferry altogether first ma..

Actually, u should really ask yourself if u really need a passenger Van to ferry 10 of your family all the time.....
Yes, bec some of us are not so mobile

-Within your family, is there any one else whom can also drive? -Perhaps get a normal plate car and an OPC?
No, that's why no other car, and 2 cars double the costs (2nd cheaper car or 2nd driver not an option..

But Thanks to all for your kind input.. happy.gif

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

Lurpsexx
  • Premium member
    Lurpsexx
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Just found that Hyundai has a H-1 Wagon passenger car!

Runs on petrol (2.4l) and can seat up to 11 pax! happy.gif

Any bros took a look or driving one now?

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

Doosan
  • Premium member
    Doosan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

this is very popular in bolehland, known as Starlet Royale.

features quite near/ close /similar toyota premium mpv, but at a fraction of their price. thumbsup.gif

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

Lurpsexx
  • Premium member
    Lurpsexx
    6th Gear
    Author Image

this is very popular in bolehland, known as Starlet Royale.

features quite near/ close /similar toyota premium mpv, but at a fraction of their price. thumbsup.gif

Hi Bro,

Thanks for the tip.. This one looks nice and fits my needs... But I haven't seen this Wagon model on SG streets yet.. most are the H-1 Commercial Van model.. You know why??

Thanks again.. happy.gif

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

Eclipse1
  • Premium member
    Eclipse1
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

to TS,

YES it can be done. Renault have 1 of those BUS on S-plate. 11 seater version(LWB). but if you ferry more than 9pax on board, you have to stick to 60km/h for safety.

Go check with with Wearnes Auto, they have done it before.

Others to look at will be VW transporter called Caravelle, they also have a version with sits 11 just like the bus and runs on diesel too.

PS: I'm not a WA or VCS salesman...

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: Plate, Passenger, Petrol, Diesel and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users