S- Plate Passenger Van (Petrol/Diesel) for 10 Pax-Possible?

Lurpsexx

Hi all,

I just wondering if we can register a passenger van ( Merc Vito or the Renault) as a S-plate vehicle to ferry 10 of our family in comfort.. priority is towards safety for the family and comfort..

I asked C&C and they have the Vianos (8 seater), but too ex ($195K), but the salesman say can register the diesel version as S-plate and no need pay diesel levy ($6-9k), but the road tax at $4k a yr [knife]

Any bros or sis have this same dilemma? Whats your best choice vehicle as a big family carry all?

Thanks for reading and your kind response.. ^_^

↡ Advertisement

Hi all,

I just wondering if we can register a passenger van ( Merc Vito or the Renault) as a S-plate vehicle to ferry 10 of our family in comfort.. priority is towards safety for the family and comfort..

I asked C&C and they have the Vianos (8 seater), but too ex ($195K), but the salesman say can register the diesel version as S-plate and no need pay diesel levy ($6-9k), but the road tax at $4k a yr [knife]

Any bros or sis have this same dilemma? Whats your best choice vehicle as a big family carry all?

lol.

road tax of 4k IS already the diesel tax.

only the G-plate and C-plate no need pay diesel tax

Neutral Newbie

can consider those pre-owned used vehicles. they might come at a cheaper price at a lower depreciation for u. if possible try not to get disel vehicles, as they might be a burden in the long run considering the maintainance, etc.

• Praise 1

Thanks for the feedback.. ^_^

It's kinda hard to get a decently large vehicle to ferry a big family nowadays..

Seems to me like the govt people limit families to max 7-8 seater mpvs.. anyting bigger is classified as P or G plate commercial vehicles liao..

talk about having more kids; dunno if the MCYS n LTA in sync over the govt kuku programs.. [knife]

Hi all,

Can check with LTA? Nine used to be maximium, but now and then they do update their policies.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

don't you require class 4 license for >8pax?

Class 3 motor car =<3000kg with =<7 passengers, exclusive of the driver, and motor tractors/vehicles =<2500kg

Edited by Ivant
  • Praise 1

get a vito pa plate. if safety is piority, drive so fast for what. 70/80 can already. some more.can.do bus lane and leave all yoir s plate buddies behind in the jam [cool]

anyway if your vito do full load, you reaaly want to do 110 meh? can brake in time?

Twincharged

Hi all,

ssyangyong stavic? it seats 9. 1 short of 10 though. rather cheap too.

Commerical plate cannot drive over without a valid license.

i think he's talking about S plate.. which is private car registration.

ssyangyong stavic? it seats 9. 1 short of 10 though. rather cheap too.

Ya, my fren has this car.. Merc engine inside this monster.. this seems the most plausible choice for me now.. :ph34r:

Purpose is to ferry my extended family, not to go fast... so no need F&F with this big van la..

Ya, thanks for alerting me to the driving licence req... maybe tats why no big vans on the road for big families.. [bigcry]

Hi all,

Vianos (8 Seater) might as well get Big MPVs (Estima,etc) ....

Actually, u should really ask yourself if u really need a passenger Van to ferry 10 of your family all the time.....

-Within your family, is there any one else whom can also drive?

-Perhaps get a normal plate car and an OPC?

Just my opinion...

[:)]

Twincharged

Yup. Getting 2 cars might be cheaper. My family doing that right now. Can save alot more. Total cost for both cars less than 70k and both not OPC.

Just my opinion...

[:)]

Vianos (8 Seater) might as well get Big MPVs (Estima,etc) ....

Estima is 7 seater, while Vianos is 8. Both i seen n sat in before liao.. Cost wise of course estima cheaper la, but priority is ferry altogether first ma..

Actually, u should really ask yourself if u really need a passenger Van to ferry 10 of your family all the time.....

Yes, bec some of us are not so mobile

-Within your family, is there any one else whom can also drive? -Perhaps get a normal plate car and an OPC?

No, that's why no other car, and 2 cars double the costs (2nd cheaper car or 2nd driver not an option..

But Thanks to all for your kind input.. ^_^

Just found that Hyundai has a H-1 Wagon passenger car!

Runs on petrol (2.4l) and can seat up to 11 pax! ^_^

Any bros took a look or driving one now?

this is very popular in bolehland, known as Starlet Royale.

features quite near/ close /similar toyota premium mpv, but at a fraction of their price. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement