S- Plate Passenger Van (Petrol/Diesel) for 10 Pax-Possible?

Lurpsexx

this is very popular in bolehland, known as Starlet Royale.

features quite near/ close /similar toyota premium mpv, but at a fraction of their price. [thumbsup]

Hi Bro,

Thanks for the tip.. This one looks nice and fits my needs... But I haven't seen this Wagon model on SG streets yet.. most are the H-1 Commercial Van model.. You know why??

Thanks again.. ^_^

↡ Advertisement

to TS,

YES it can be done. Renault have 1 of those BUS on S-plate. 11 seater version(LWB). but if you ferry more than 9pax on board, you have to stick to 60km/h for safety.

Go check with with Wearnes Auto, they have done it before.

Others to look at will be VW transporter called Caravelle, they also have a version with sits 11 just like the bus and runs on diesel too.

PS: I'm not a WA or VCS salesman...

• Praise 1

to TS,

YES it can be done. Renault have 1 of those BUS on S-plate. 11 seater version(LWB). but if you ferry more than 9pax on board, you have to stick to 60km/h for safety.

Go check with with Wearnes Auto, they have done it before.

Others to look at will be VW transporter called Caravelle, they also have a version with sits 11 just like the bus and runs on diesel too.

PS: I'm not a WA or VCS salesman...

Wa... Thanks very much for your tip Bro! ^_^

Any help is much appreciated! [:p]

Just found that Hyundai has a H-1 Wagon passenger car!

Runs on petrol (2.4l) and can seat up to 11 pax! ^_^

Any bros took a look or driving one now?

Yes starex is popular in Malaysia and the cost is RM 130K.. Toyotal Hiace cost about RM 80-RM 100k depending on whether its a cargo van or passenger type.

If money is not an issue, go for Merc Viano.. if u go for diesel u can pump full tank in malaysia by going in near empty.. can pump a good 70litre worth of diesel so u can probably go in to pump every week if you drive 3000-5000km a month. Fuel cost is probably S$300 only compared to when u pump petrol in Singapore which should be around $800-$1000. One drawback is the ROAD TAX since its diesel. About $7000 and slightly up per year

Viano also got petrol if u dont want to pay the high road tax...

If u havent seen the viano, please go and have a look. Follow mercs wont go wrong. If u want to buy a Toyota estima or alphard etc, might as well go for viano

• Praise 1

Yes starex is popular in Malaysia and the cost is RM 130K.. Toyotal Hiace cost about RM 80-RM 100k depending on whether its a cargo van or passenger type.

If money is not an issue, go for Merc Viano.. if u go for diesel u can pump full tank in malaysia by going in near empty.. can pump a good 70litre worth of diesel so u can probably go in to pump every week if you drive 3000-5000km a month. Fuel cost is probably S$300 only compared to when u pump petrol in Singapore which should be around $800-$1000. One drawback is the ROAD TAX since its diesel. About $7000 and slightly up per year

If u havent seen the viano, please go and have a look. Follow mercs wont go wrong. If u want to buy a Toyota estima or alphard etc, might as well go for viano

Thanks for your advice bro!

I have been to the Merc agent in SIngapore, and touched the Vianos liao..

Its like Vito, but inside more luxurious la..

BUT, the price also "beautiful".. its SGD198K!!!

This alone makes it out of my reach liao, and perhaps the Hyundai Starex can fit my needs.. ^_^

(edited)

I have seen quite a variety of s-plate vans around.

Other choices you may consider are Toyota Hi Ace, Golden Dragon, Kia Pregio, Nissan Urvan,

Foton MPX, Chery H5.

The Chery H5 and Golden Dragon are like the Hi Ace.

The Foton MPX is the closest to the Hyundai Starex MPV.

I think most vans can be registered as S-plate.

Edited by Munch003
  • Praise 1

This alone makes it out of my reach liao, and perhaps the Hyundai Starex can fit my needs.. ^_^

Alphard? Estima? Delica? Toyota Hiace?

(edited)

b] One drawback is the ROAD TAX since its diesel. About $7000 and slightly up per year[/b]

PK-Lee, wrong lah..

2.2 CDI, Engine 2,143cc.

Annual normal tax $1380,

Annual additional Diesel tax = $2678.75

Total Annual Road tax: $4058.75

I think the Viano doesn't have that much seats as what TS wants. Its similar to VW Multivan(6-7 seats), which are 1par up on the luxury MPV against the Alphard/Estima/Vellfire.

If TS looking for more than 7seats, Can also take a look at the 8-seater Mitsubishi delica D:5, without paying too much..

Edited by Eclipse1

PK-Lee, wrong lah..

2.2 CDI, Engine 2,143cc.

Annual normal tax $1380,

Annual additional Diesel tax = $2678.75

Total Annual Road tax: $4058.75

I think the Viano doesn't have that much seats as what TS wants. Its similar to VW Multivan(6-7 seats), which are 1par up on the luxury MPV against the Alphard/Estima/Vellfire.

If TS looking for more than 7seats, Can also take a look at the 8-seater Mitsubishi delica D:5, without paying too much..

I am sorry that I have overshot my estimation. It should be $4000. You sure Viano can only seat 6-7? Cos to me it looks so big, more like Vellfire or slightly bigger.

Hi if I am not wrong, $198 is for one of the other versions.. think is petrol.. but for normal diesel version I saw the ad in the papers it is about $130K + ? Maybe u can confirm with them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought passenger diesel vehicle road tax is 6 times of the petrol one? Or has things change?

Correct me if I'm wrong, I thought passenger diesel vehicle road tax is 6 times of the petrol one? Or has things change?

For Euro 4 and above emission vehicles, it's now $1.25/cc/year additional tax on top of the payable engine cc road tax structure.

The 6 times diesel road tax is still applicable to Euro 3 and below vehicles.

Hi if I am not wrong, $198 is for one of the other versions.. think is petrol.. but for normal diesel version I saw the ad in the papers it is about $130K + ? Maybe u can confirm with them.

$198k is for the Mercedes Viano [whether it's the 115CDI or 3.5V6, this I'm not sure]- Private registered vehicle, bearing S-Plate.

The $130k plus is for the Mercedes Vito 115CDI PA Bus.

i saw many times hyundai startex ambulance with s plate, i wonder why it use s plate?

most of ambulance use p or g plate right?

i like big car too, too bad something like merc viano or vw multivan not come with petrol.

have you notice in newspaper classified under van selling, they always mention diesel, is there any van is not diesel? :D

something like toyota hi-ace petrol ?

• Praise 1

Vianos (8 Seater) might as well get Big MPVs (Estima,etc) ....

Estima is 7 seater, while Vianos is 8. Both i seen n sat in before liao.. Cost wise of course estima cheaper la, but priority is ferry altogether first ma..

Actually, u should really ask yourself if u really need a passenger Van to ferry 10 of your family all the time.....

Yes, bec some of us are not so mobile

-Within your family, is there any one else whom can also drive? -Perhaps get a normal plate car and an OPC?

No, that's why no other car, and 2 cars double the costs (2nd cheaper car or 2nd driver not an option..

But Thanks to all for your kind input.. ^_^

Icic, anyway i have seen "S" plate Toyota Hiace before....

Maybe u wana go to Borneo Motor and enquire?

ps: I'm nt BM sales person

[:)]

[quote name='Eclipse1' date='May 8 2011, 03:17 AM' post='3755326'

Hi All Bros,

Thanks very much for all of your replies..

All of you have been spot on with the different mass-mover vehicle mix [thumbsup]

However, of all of the dealers I been to, most say they don't bring in the petrol model (Hyundai Starex) or their diesel versions can't be registered as S-plate.

Right now, I think the Mit Delica D:5 looks promising as it seats 8 & looks nice, while others seat only 7 (e.g. Estima, Ford Galaxy etc).

I'm trying to look for used Delica, but with its high new car price and rare-ness, its hard to find a reasonably priced one...

Oh well.. back to BMW for us at this moment...

(Bus, MRT, Walk) [:p]

Icic, anyway i have seen "S" plate Toyota Hiace before....

Maybe u wana go to Borneo Motor and enquire?

ps: I'm nt BM sales person

[:)]

Can register the Hi-ace as S-plate anytime when u buy the car. But the cost of normal Hiace is probably $80K for G plate. When u put in s-plate, the COE will be under Cat B instead of Goods vehicle COE. So you should expect the Hiace to cost about $110k-$130k when its on S plate. Many Hiace on the road now uses petrol.

↡ Advertisement