Combined salary of pap is $80 million per year

Donut

May I offer a slightly different perspective....

If all of them didn't step forward, they would still be commanding very high salaries in the private sector, and no need to be slammed and suan by public, no need to work on weekends in their constituencies etc.

So I would say it is really a sacrifice for them....go ask any highflying CEO or GM whether they want to be a politician ...few would.

This I totally agree. Very few of high flyers would want to be in public eye. Image, got money cannot spend. .have to be "humble". Cannot buy Kate spade.. cannot go KTV... cannot buy nice cars scared people kpkb. Got to wear casio. . Really, sooooo many restrictions... the money become a number in the bank.. buay sian meh?

↡ Advertisement

If all of them didn't step forward, they would still be commanding very high salaries in the private sector, and no need to be slammed and suan by public, no need to work on weekends in their constituencies etc.

So I would say it is really a sacrifice for them....go ask any highflying CEO or GM whether they want to be a politician ...few would.

Err so they dont work for the people but for the money? Anywhere in this world, money is important but the citizens is priorities.

Like that ask Obama, abe and other ministers to join private sector lor.

Working for the people is a proud thing, rather tHan a suffering Job. If kena suan by public cannot take it then dont take taxpayer money.

U think be CEO or GM no need work on weekend ah! U think they wont kena suan by shareholders is it? If they doing well, why worry kena suan?

• Praise 2

I agree with you, that is y we got a bunch of jokers around. lee sway say, chan chun sing, yacoob, lui tuck yew, josephine teo, etc. i will say only malboro is the only talent, which ever ministry he goes sure turn around things

Salary not high enough to attract highfliers

This I totally agree. Very few of high flyers would want to be in public eye. Image, got money cannot spend. .have to be "humble". Cannot buy Kate spade.. cannot go KTV... cannot buy nice cars scared people kpkb. Got to wear casio. . Really, sooooo many restrictions... the money become a number in the bank.. buay sian meh?

But got to stay in huge bungalow, many maids, can send children to usa, yet get to enjoy civil servant benefit

• Praise 2

so should i ask why our ns boys servicing the nation all the same,

giving they life time blood, should they have their paid begin match with regular soldiers around the world ?

or just because they are servicing nation, they should be proud of it , so they are only given enough to survive for 3 meals?

or is it servicing the nation become different when it appy to different ppl?

• Praise 3

You must pity our million dollar ministers bro, it takes effort to do nothing but appear busy.

Being the pigs in animal farm is not easy.

Ya, we r feeding all these fools every month doing nothing but sucking our blood every day

Most CEOs in bona fide mncs lead stressfull and short tenors. There is a change in their psitions every 3-7 years. Few are able to hang on to their roles at guaranteed milion dollar salaries for 10-20-30 years.

I wonder which PAP million dollar ministar has been able to find a similar paying job in a bona fide private sector MNC? Pls do not include GLCs, TLCs n the usual PAP companies.

• Praise 1

Most CEOs in bona fide mncs lead stressfull and short tenors. There is a change in their psitions every 3-7 years. Few are able to hang on to their roles at guaranteed milion dollar salaries for 10-20-30 years.

I wonder which PAP million dollar ministar has been able to find a similar paying job in a bona fide private sector MNC? Pls do not include GLCs, TLCs n the usual PAP companies.

Hmmm...does Warren Buffett count as a CEO?

And the following too....

Ceos of Amazon, Netflix, Oracle....didn't name them cos they probably aren't famous....hey but what about Rupert Murdoch?

Actually, what I am trying to say is that many talented people shy away from public office, that's why opposition parties also find it hard to bring in talents.

Peace...

Business founders who own n built their own empires r not typical ceos. There r many CEOs even here in singapore n hk. Look at the GMs of even big banks. Few stay in the same office with guaranteed salaries for decades.

This is mainly because competition n targets r very tough and its a lean n mean business. And they dont usually bring in their aunts, wives, uncles relatives.

By the way care to share with us which PAP minister was able to retain his million dollar salary in a bona fide non GLC Non TLC private company?

Peace too

Hmmm...does Warren Buffett count as a CEO?

And the following too....

Ceos of Amazon, Netflix, Oracle....didn't name them cos they probably aren't famous....hey but what about Rupert Murdoch?

And all i am trying to say is that maybe PAP has so successfully FIXED the oposition with the help of the local propaganda media and courts that, well, many fear for their livelihood and future and will think three or four times before joining the opposition.

But i suppose this is an age old debate that will see no end and that million dollar ministar salaries remain UNIQUELY SINGAPOREAN. I was told this was to prevent corruption. So that can only mean the other political leaders in other civilised countries who are willing to accept 10% of the salaries of our million dollar ministars must also all be corrupt.

So i m so glad we have such honest million dollar salaried ministars who make such sacrifices for us. So u r right. Absolutely right.

By the way just for my own education pls pls let me know which PAP million dollar ministar left politics and was able to find a Non GLC, Non TLC private sector company who paid his same million dollar salary pls?

Peace.

Actually, what I am trying to say is that many talented people shy away from public office, that's why opposition parties also find it hard to bring in talents.

Peace...

Edited by NightWind

Peace...

No Peace, its war!!!

jk

actually being ceo or gm is even more stressful as their performance is measured quarterly and if they did badly, within one year ousted from their position. with bad record no company will dare to hire them.

peace :D

• Praise 4

They do go overseas for private holidays like you and me.

One of the "speaker" yesterday morning did a self-drive trip to Iceland.

Over there nobody will give a damn who you are. Like If Iceland's PM only walk pass me, I wont know who the hell he is....lol. [laugh]

• Praise 1

Aiya bro, our million dollar ministars r also stressed leh. When they make n "honest mistake" they need to say sorry, lets move on.

Oh wait, oops my fault, our million dollar ministars are infallible, they dont make any mistakes, not even honest ones. Sorry, my fault.

Lets move on.

PEACE

No Peace, its war!!!

jk

actually being ceo or gm is even more stressful as their performance is measured quarterly and if they did badly, within one year ousted from their position. with bad record no company will dare to hire them.

peace :D

• Praise 1

I must say, u really darn good in sourcing for those appropriate Pics & Gif files. :)

Writing takes A lot of effort and sometimes don't have the impact because write too long, people don't read

Picture is thousand words

One needle see sperm [grin]

This picture means if everybody jaik bah bah, everybody is brother

But when boh gao jiak, everybody is enemy [laugh]

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Writing takes A lot of effort and sometimes don't have the impact because write too long, people don't read

Picture is thousand words

One needle see sperm [grin]

This picture means if everybody jaik bah bah, everybody is brother

But when boh gao jiak, everybody is enemy [laugh]

beri true. with a twist of black humor. [laugh][thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2