Singapore really have no local talents?

Albeniz

Turbocharged

I came across the following website:

http://www.phrc.eee.ntu.edu.sg/People/Page...earch_phrc.aspx

Look at the number of foreigners in that web page. Singapore really have no local talents?

I hope they don't say 80% of the staff and students in our universities are Singaporeans.

BTW, we are not talking about construction or shipyard workers.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

They should give more opportunities to Singaporeans in the university.

Our local universities are flooded with FTs.

Sometimes talent depend on the salary you accept. Hardly anyone in the construction industry wants to employ Singaporeans, so there is lack of local talent here.

Sometimes talent depend on the salary you accept. Hardly anyone in the construction industry wants to employ Singaporeans, so there is lack of local talent here.

Lots of local young graduates from civil engineering are trying to enter the industry, but always not hired. Reason cited: no experience. WTF, if you never give them a chance, how are they going to gain experience?

Lots of local young graduates from civil engineering are trying to enter the industry, but always not hired. Reason cited: no experience. WTF, if you never give them a chance, how are they going to gain experience?

No experience working with same salary as foreigners? But foreigners also no working experience here? All excuses to employ foreigners.

I came across the following website:

<a href="http://www.phrc.eee.ntu.edu.sg/People/Pages/staff_research_phrc.aspx" target="_blank">http://www.phrc.eee.ntu.edu.sg/People/Page...earch_phrc.aspx

</a>

Look at the number of foreigners in that web page. Singapore really have no local talents?

I hope they don't say 80% of the staff and students in our universities are Singaporeans.

BTW, we are not talking about construction or shipyard workers.

Apparently the whole team in NTU is ah tong.....something is wrong some where.....?

Resturant i go...i see ah tong... and phinos..... .... is a negative cycle...

the more garmen bring in these people...the lower the pay....company is giving..

they have least commitment here.... so it's ok with these people

so it is singaporean not willing to do these job...or the pay is too low...it's chicken and egg...problem

someone must control the immigration policy tightly....

apparently, a certain authority that takes change of roads hires many many FTs ....the reason no local civil engineers :angry:

Turbocharged

u want to work as a contruction or shipyard worker?

work over weekends, under hot sun, pay... [:(]

I think my statement was misunderstood.

The website link shows a lot of university positions taken up by foreigners and these positions are white-collar jobs.

They are not low-end jobs like construction or shipyard, which the government has always claimed.

↡ Advertisement