Nicole Seah - the new face of our future aspirations!

Twnll

Wah so fast... AhJason's thread come out & kena locked immediately!!

i search at least find 5 threads....got diff meh? still nicole right? not nicholas nia, cos she went thailand, maybe do other thing?

[blush] I didn't observe rules. So I need to :

1364019543385--426496549.jpg

u lucky i no send u guantana bei....er guantanamo bay..

Sorry! [bigcry] Let me face the wall one more time.

1678712162_99b31dce68e347953a1b7a525c6b9

i know you HUM-less, but be careful in future.....

and think myChinaForum.com ah....lesson learnt, and \behave.

i know you HUM-less, but be careful in future.....

and think myChinaForum.com ah....lesson learnt, and \behave.

Okay! [thumbsup]

tumblr_naulgjaUJC1tui4u7o1_500.jpg

• Praise 1

this is more apt here

n gist, she resigned from NSP and she has no intention of joining Tan Jee Say's Singaporean First party.

20110828.010812_st_nicoleseahtjs.jpg

http://www.zaobao.co...20140829-383121

chinese deleted

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/nicole-sea...052810094.html

717a2830-a991-11e3-90b2-a914b723a169_nic

Opposition politician Nicole Seah has resigned from the National Solidarity Party, its secretary-general Jeannette Chong-Aruldoss has confirmed.

Speaking to Yahoo Singapore over the phone on Friday, Chong-Aruldoss said Seah tendered her resignation on Monday, 25 August. The party is sorry to see her go but respects her decision to leave, she added.

“We thank her for all the contributions she has made during her time with us, and we are very appreciative of all her efforts… but we respect her decision, which I’m sure she has considered and not made lightly,” she said.

Chong-Aruldoss acknowledged that the 28-year-old has become “quieter than before” in terms of her involvement with party activities and correspondence in the months since she moved to Bangkok to work.

“We wanted to give her some space to get her own things organised and haven’t been running after her to tell her to do things,” she said.

She also stressed that no incident, altercation or animosity had taken place between Seah and the party’s leaders.

“She’s been with us for quite a few years, and I do have fond memories… it’s sad that I have to see anyone go, but that’s her decision and we respect it. I take comfort that she took some time to think about it,” she added.

Seah moved to Thailand in March to work at IPG Mediabrands’s Bangkok office and has been based there ever since.

Yahoo Singapore has contacted Seah for comment on her departure from the party, which she has been a key face of since Singapore’s watershed general election in 2011. A new face on the scene, she grew to prominence with her strong speeches and grassroots work, and also became very popular online.

Her last-held position in the party was second assistant secretary-general. She previously was a member of the Reform Party, which she subsequently left alongside other current NSP members like Hazel Poa and Tony Tan in 2011.

Time for her to move in her life... she is still young, and shouldn't be carrying such huge burden on her shoulders.

• Praise 1

Time for her to move in her life... she is still young, and shouldn't be carrying such huge burden on her shoulders.

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

17200164810669l.jpg

We shall see? [laugh]

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/tin-pei-ling-has-won-over-hearts-and-minds-pm-lee

Tin Pei Ling has won over hearts and minds: PM Lee

20140824_tpl_st_bh.jpg?itok=aRnoG4YR

SINGAPORE - In a Facebook status posted today, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong praised Ms Tin Pei Ling, MP for Marine Parade GRC, for having worked hard to win over the hearts and minds of her residents.

He wrote: "In the last general election, I sent Tin Pei Ling, our youngest candidate, to MacPherson, which has many old residents. I was confident that she could establish rapport with the uncles and aunties, and serve residents well.

"The last three years have proved this so. Pei Ling and her team of activists and volunteers have worked hard. Some were sceptical at first, but she and her team have won over many hearts and minds."

He gave the example of the refreshed MacPherson Community Club he reopened yesterday as an example of the work of Ms Tin and her team.

"A big thank you to Pei Ling, the GRLs, and volunteers for continuing to build on the good work of former MPs Mr Chua Sian Chin and Mr Matthias Yeo, and the pioneer activists in MacPherson!" he wrote.

At time of publication, the post has since gotten 741 likes and 21 shares. The majority of the comments appeared to agree with PM Lee's sentiments.

Some of the Facebook comments to Mr Lee's post:

"I was one of those who were rather sceptical of her post-GE 2011, but I think she has proven that with determination & hard work you can change the mindsets of people. Congrats to Miss Tin & her team." - Facebook user Leena Kumari

"It is always best not to jump into conclusions of a person, give him or her a chance to prove himself or herself." - Dolly Tang

"Chris Tan Ms Tin has been doing great work in MacPherson! Although she might have gotten some bad press when she was just elected, I think she has done well on the ground, as evidenced by all the good work with her residents. Jiayou Tin Pei Ling!" - Chris Tan

Edited by AhJason
  • Praise 1

This thread is about Nicole Seah, not Kate Spade Tin.

You want another yellow card?? [knife]

We shall see? [laugh]

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/tin-pei-ling-has-won-over-hearts-and-minds-pm-lee

Tin Pei Ling has won over hearts and minds: PM Lee

20140824_tpl_st_bh.jpg?itok=aRnoG4YR

SINGAPORE - In a Facebook status posted today, Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong praised Ms Tin Pei Ling, MP for Marine Parade GRC, for having worked hard to win over the hearts and minds of her residents.

He wrote: "In the last general election, I sent Tin Pei Ling, our youngest candidate, to MacPherson, which has many old residents. I was confident that she could establish rapport with the uncles and aunties, and serve residents well.

"The last three years have proved this so. Pei Ling and her team of activists and volunteers have worked hard. Some were sceptical at first, but she and her team have won over many hearts and minds."

He gave the example of the refreshed MacPherson Community Club he reopened yesterday as an example of the work of Ms Tin and her team.

"A big thank you to Pei Ling, the GRLs, and volunteers for continuing to build on the good work of former MPs Mr Chua Sian Chin and Mr Matthias Yeo, and the pioneer activists in MacPherson!" he wrote.

At time of publication, the post has since gotten 741 likes and 21 shares. The majority of the comments appeared to agree with PM Lee's sentiments.

Some of the Facebook comments to Mr Lee's post:

"I was one of those who were rather sceptical of her post-GE 2011, but I think she has proven that with determination & hard work you can change the mindsets of people. Congrats to Miss Tin & her team." - Facebook user Leena Kumari

"It is always best not to jump into conclusions of a person, give him or her a chance to prove himself or herself." - Dolly Tang

"Chris Tan Ms Tin has been doing great work in MacPherson! Although she might have gotten some bad press when she was just elected, I think she has done well on the ground, as evidenced by all the good work with her residents. Jiayou Tin Pei Ling!" - Chris Tan

• Praise 3

This thread is about Nicole Seah, not Kate Spade Tin.

You want another yellow card?? [knife]

Nicole Seah won't be famous if not for TPL. [grin]

The comments from political commenters doesn't bode well on Nicole Seah or NSP. LOL

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/nicole-seah-resigns-nsp-grow-other-areas

Nicole Seah resigns from NSP to ‘grow in other areas’

SINGAPORE — Nine months after laying bare the frustrations her political involvement and activities had caused her, opposition politician Nicole Seah has resigned from the National Solidarity Party (NSP).

In an email statement sent to the media, Ms Seah, who is based in Bangkok, said the decision was extremely difficult and painful.

Ms Seah, who shot to prominence in the 2011 General Election (GE), was the party’s second assistant secretary-general. She said: “There was nothing which might have happened to trigger this departure. I started in politics as a fresh graduate wanting to make a difference, by bringing more political awareness and interest to young people ... It’s reached a point where I feel that my job is done (for now) and I have to move on and grow in other areas.”

Adding that she wished the NSP all the best, she said: “For myself, this is not a complete departure from politics ... I will just need to find a more suitable platform to contribute and give back.”

Speaking to TODAY, NSP secretary-general Jeannette Chong-Aruldoss confirmed Ms Seah’s resignation: “We take comfort that she has thought about it and it’s not (on) the spur of the moment. We’ll miss her, but we wish her all the best in her future endeavours.”

At 24, Ms Seah was the youngest woman candidate in the 2011 GE. She was part of the NSP team that lost to the People’s Action Party by a 13-percentage-point margin in the contest for Marine Parade Group Representation Constituency.

In November last year, she put up a lengthy and candid Facebook post about how her life took a “sharp detour” after the elections, including losing two jobs. Giving a glimpse into her personal battles, she described last year as the worst year of her life. She had also received rape and death threats against her and her family.

Ms Seah moved to Thailand in March to work at IPG Mediabrands’ Bangkok office. Political analysts TODAY spoke to were not surprised at her resignation from the NSP, given her relocation and in light of the Facebook post.

Noting the impact Ms Seah made during the 2011 GE, Singapore Management University law lecturer Eugene Tan pointed out that she had not built on the high profile and her political involvement has been on the wane.

The analysts did not rule out the possibility of Ms Seah returning to the political fray, be it with the NSP or another party. Still, former Nominated Member of Parliament Siew Kum Hong said it “remains an open question if she can have the same impact” in the next GE — which must be held by January 2017.

Following the stepping down of NSP’s former secretary-general Hazel Poa in September last year due to health reasons — Ms Poa remains a party member — the analysts felt the resignation of Ms Seah is another blow to the opposition party.

Institute of Policy Studies senior research fellow Gillian Koh noted that the party seems to be in a state of flux after Ms Poa’s resignation as party chief. But like the other analysts, she said there is still time for political parties in general to recruit more talent and prepare for the next GE.

Mrs Chong-Aruldoss rejected suggestions of a setback. “There’s no setback unless the party comprises of only a couple of individuals ... obviously, the party is made up of more than just one or two persons .... (Ms Seah) has been working abroad and it’s still business as usual (for the NSP),” she said.

During the 2011 GE, Ms Seah’s political star rose to such an extent that some observers had called the NSP the “Nicole Seah Party”.

Alluding to that, Mrs Chong-Aruldoss said: “There is more to the NSP than just Nicole Seah. And maybe her departure might enable people to see the NSP beyond Nicole Seah ... If you are describing this persona that sounds like it eclipses everything the NSP has done, then her departure would (be beneficial).”

Turbocharged

There are time and place to retreat and also to come back..... why not let TLP rest on her 'laurel' and ambush her one fine day / GE later, catching her by surprise? Just thinking of different possible scenario / strategies down the road. We havent seen the end yet.

• Praise 1

she has joined Workers party

Former NSP star Nicole Seah now with WP in East Coast GRC

Nicole Seah rose to fame in the 2011 election, running a surprisingly strong campaign in Marine Parade GRC, despite being, at 24, one of the youngest election candidates.PHOTO: THE NEW PAPER
PUBLISHED
9 HOURS AGO
UPDATED
7 HOURS AGO
Insight Editor

SINGAPORE - Notable opposition figure Nicole Seah has thrown in her lot with the Workers' Party (WP) - with observers saying she is its most prominent newcomer since the last general election.

The former National Solidarity Party (NSP) candidate is now walking the ground with the WP in East Coast GRC and was spotted, for example, at a door-to-door food distribution exercise in Bedok earlier this year.

She began volunteering with the party's media team after the 2015 general election, and wrote parts of the WP 60th anniversary book launched last month, The Straits Times learnt.

Observers say the 31-year-old will add star power to the WP slate in East Coast GRC, if fielded, noting that it was the most hotly contested GRC after Aljunied at the last two elections.

The WP lost East Coast GRC to the People's Action Party (PAP) in 2011 and 2015, but its candidates became Non-Constituency MPs (NCMPs) as they garnered among the highest votes among losing candidates.

In 2015, the WP candidates were IT consultant Gerald Giam, former librarian Mohamed Fairoz Shariff, sociologist Daniel Goh and consultancy firm chief executive Leon Perera. The latter two are now NCMPs.

They faced off against PAP's Manpower Minister Lim Swee Say, Senior Minister of State for Defence and Foreign Affairs Maliki Osman, former senior minister of state Lee Yi Shyan and a former managing director of Microsoft Singapore Jessica Tan.

Ms Seah is an advertising executive who rose to fame in the 2011 election, running a surprisingly strong campaign in Marine Parade GRC, despite being - at 24 - one of the youngest election candidates.

Her NSP team lost with 43.4 per cent of votes against the PAP team led by then Senior Minister Goh Chok Tong which garnered 56.6 per cent.

Mr Goh cited Ms Seah as a factor for his team's lower-than-expected vote share, saying in a post-election press conference: "She communicated very well. She spoke quite persuasively to the younger people as well as some older people. So I could sense that quite a few people supported her."

When contacted Thursday (Dec 7), the WP confirmed that Ms Seah is a volunteer, but declined to say more. Ms Seah also declined to comment.

A WP cadre, who asked not to be named, said Ms Seah would be a strong candidate and hopes that more like her will step forward to be fielded. "As a politician, she is natural and has that X-factor. But WP places emphasis on the team over any individual. If she can fit well into the team, she will be an asset."

After the 2011 election, Ms Seah became second assistant secretary-general of NSP, but left the party in 2014, saying her "job is done". She did not contest the 2015 election, although she made comments on Facebook in support of the WP.

Of Ms Seah's latest move, political analyst Lam Peng Er said: "If Nicole Seah were to run on the WP ticket at East Coast GRC, she will add star quality to the WP slate. She wears her heart on her sleeve and can connect very well with crowds at political rallies."

Former WP politician Goh Meng Seng, who now heads the People's Power Party, said: "There is no doubt that she has charisma.

"But given that the WP is struggling to hold on to Aljunied GRC, where it is the incumbent, it is unlikely that she can help them take East Coast," Mr Goh added citing the party's town council woes, including the ongoing $33-million law suit against WP's Aljunied GRC MPs.

Edited by RadX
  • Praise 3