YOU are only worth this much

Ah_tee

(edited)

Aiyah! stop bitching about it lah! Sg have voted and we have to suck it in. Life still have to move on!

Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement

i vote opposition... i can kpkb all i wan.... chinanese go home!

me to bro! i even wore the scarlet blue of WP to the polls! hope there will be changes and good changes! [nod]

back to the age old saying

population replacement rate not high enuf --> marry late --> grad late --> etc.......

can have enuf babies to form good working population to support ageing population,

"buy" working populatiton lo

and hope some stay loyal

rooted by chance, by fate, by love..... by "bond"...

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Please take a good look at the page you are referring to, it says "Research Staff". These people are in a very specific area of research (photonics), and if you look at research labs anywhere around the world - be it Cambridge, Harvard, ANY university - the research groups are ALWAYS full of people from all nations and ethnicities. That is the nature of research, it is an INTERNATIONAL playground.

Here's an example of research staff in Harvard, take a good look at how not all of them are Americans:

http://www.aranylab.org/people.htm

Sure, we can hire all Singaporeans in our local research lab, but then our competitiveness will never rival that of the top universities. If we insist on hiring only Singaporeans, we would be no better than Malaysia's bumiputera system. And you seen how well that policy works for Malaysia - despite all their resources, they remain slow in growth, high in corruption, a lot more backwards than Singapore. Think about it -would you rather Singapore companies hire only Singaporeans, but be laughed at by the world for how lousy their work is?

The only "bumiputera" in Spore are malays.

Malaya... Malaysia... Singapura... (catch the drift?)

By hiring Singaporeans only does not mean its like Malaysia. Stoopid are you, really.

Edited by Zak7182

Please take a good look at the page you are referring to, it says "Research Staff". These people are in a very specific area of research (photonics), and if you look at research labs anywhere around the world - be it Cambridge, Harvard, ANY university - the research groups are ALWAYS full of people from all nations and ethnicities. That is the nature of research, it is an INTERNATIONAL playground.

Here's an example of research staff in Harvard, take a good look at how not all of them are Americans:

http://www.aranylab.org/people.htm

Sure, we can hire all Singaporeans in our local research lab, but then our competitiveness will never rival that of the top universities. If we insist on hiring only Singaporeans, we would be no better than Malaysia's bumiputera system. And you seen how well that policy works for Malaysia - despite all their resources, they remain slow in growth, high in corruption, a lot more backwards than Singapore. Think about it -would you rather Singapore companies hire only Singaporeans, but be laughed at by the world for how lousy their work is?

You are barking up the wrong tree and can see the tree for the forest...

This entrie thread and the main topic isn't concern about what type of ppl make up your so called reserch staff....

It is concerned about a certain little country throwing or pouring money on FTs and giving them an expensive education rather thna help or give some of these money to their own citizens for thier education!

Now that erection is over till the next time.... 5 years or so from now...

Do disappear form MCF now ...and

reappear wiser ...

5 years later...

O.K? :D

wats the point? we still got 60.14% of blind mice whom voted to be closer to their deaths!

such money can be used to help our fellow singaporeans. but somewhat, these money gone to FTs are are not even on par with singaporeans. think of the old folks tat needs to live on scraps.

we are screwed. we dun haf so many 5 years to repent this mistake.

I got the point, thank you!

As a PRC scholar myself, I found on Internet that many Singaporean are complaining about PRC scholarship and some even put the anger on us. But I have to say most Singaporeans I meet are quite nice to me.

we not against foreigners but against miw who treat citizens like 2nd class citizens. u will also be better off as citizen when miw treat citizen well

I got the point, thank you!

As a PRC scholar myself, I found on Internet that many Singaporean are complaining about PRC scholarship and some even put the anger on us. But I have to say most Singaporeans I meet are quite nice to me.

dont worry la...

Most SG ppl are generally nice one...

In MCF, there's alots of nice ppl ard

[laugh][laugh]

This is the problem that bothers me a lot!

PRC scholarship is only given to Engineering students, and how many engineering girls can there be? less than 30% i'd say.

pls bring in more PrC girls

dont worry la...

Most SG ppl are generally nice one...

In MCF, there's alots of nice ppl ard

[laugh][laugh]

Yeah that's true. My Singaporean frds are quite nice ppl. I would prefer stay in Singapore, comparing with China.

Yet your profile picture don't look so nice!

Turbocharged

This is the problem that bothers me a lot!

PRC scholarship is only given to Engineering students, and how many engineering girls can there be? less than 30% i'd say.

even 20% is quite high already.

Yeah that's true. My Singaporean frds are quite nice ppl. I would prefer stay in Singapore, comparing with China.

Yet your profile picture don't look so nice!

singapore is good when u are young and productive but when u old that is another story [smallcry][smallcry]

(edited)

Look at the following link for the number of foreign staff/students in our local university.

These are not blue collar jobs, mind you.

<a href="http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/eee/eee6/phrcweb/staff_research_phrc.asp" target="_blank">http://www3.ntu.edu.sg/eee/eee6/phrcweb/st...search_phrc.asp

</a>

Ha, this is my school. I am taking engineering course in NTU now. For this thing, the reason may be this:

Most of Singaporean engineering students do not like to do research and stay in laboratory all their life. Then how? NTU is a world-class university, there got to be some one doing research! And PRC and India ppl are quite happy to do that.

I think half of the lectures I met are foreigner: PRC, indian, Vietnam, canadian, europeans.....

and for research staff and PhD, I think PRC and Indian together more than half....

Edited by Fang-qiangqiang

Supersonic

singapore is good when u are young and productive but when u old that is another story [smallcry][smallcry]

Also is good when u r rich but if u are not rich then different story. <_<

↡ Advertisement