• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
377 replies to this topic | 1,859 praises

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:40 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

This election has brought many many thoughts. My wife was telling me a couple of days ago if we should migrate and it really set me thinking... Here are the points why we are consdering.

1) Healthcare is too expensive. I want to be able to fall sick and not fear of becoming a heavy burden to my children. Really "can die but cannot fall sick".

2) Housing is too expensive. Although we have our own house, I fear my children will not be able to afford. A new 4 rm flat can easily cost more than $300k. By the time my children grow up, it's probably $900k sad.gif

3) FTs have infiltrated our society. Left right centre all flanked by them. And there is no let up on the numbers still on the way. I feel really "squeezed" whenever I out on the streets. I no longer feel at home and that feeling is growing stronger and stronger.

4) Gahmen are still courting for more FTs. How can my children have a future here?

5) Gahmen goes overseas, like China, and give those so called FTs all expense paid trip here. With free education all the way until university. If my children can't get into local university, I have to send them overseas anyway.

6) My children will have to serve NS. I do not want them to hold the rifle while the FTs come here to enjoy the peace and snatch their jobs, their houses and their opportunities. Seriously, I used to think NS will be good for them and hope they will develop into a better person. However, with Singapore going the way it is, that thought vanished.

I will vote on 7 May. Hopefully, I can see a change in the near future. If not, should I uproot my family and move somewhere else?

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:00 PM

I-LOVE-CARS
  • I-LOVE-CARS
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Same here, i already saving up going to US to study U there..........then after i get my citizenship there then i bring my parents with me to US

Edited by I-LOVE-CARS, 03 May 2011 - 11:01 PM.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

Relagsingh
  • Premium member
    Relagsingh
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

This election has brought many many thoughts. My wife was telling me a couple of days ago if we should migrate and it really set me thinking... Here are the points why we are consdering.

1) Healthcare is too expensive. I want to be able to fall sick and not fear of becoming a heavy burden to my children. Really "can die but cannot fall sick".

2) Housing is too expensive. Although we have our own house, I fear my children will not be able to afford. A new 4 rm flat can easily cost more than $300k. By the time my children grow up, it's probably $900k sad.gif

3) FTs have infiltrated our society. Left right centre all flanked by them. And there is no let up on the numbers still on the way. I feel really "squeezed" whenever I out on the streets. I no longer feel at home and that feeling is growing stronger and stronger.

4) Gahmen are still courting for more FTs. How can my children have a future here?

5) Gahmen goes overseas, like China, and give those so called FTs all expense paid trip here. With free education all the way until university. If my children can't get into local university, I have to send them overseas anyway.

6) My children will have to serve NS. I do not want them to hold the rifle while the FTs come here to enjoy the peace and snatch their jobs, their houses and their opportunities. Seriously, I used to think NS will be good for them and hope they will develop into a better person. However, with Singapore going the way it is, that thought vanished.

I will vote on 7 May. Hopefully, I can see a change in the near future. If not, should I uproot my family and move somewhere else?

YES.
Ysc3 praised this
.:.:.:.:.::: Shoot the driver... Not the car :::.:.:.:.:.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

Troyempire
  • Premium member
    Troyempire
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

well, u can do something on 07 May. If still nothing happen or get worry after 2 to 3 yrs maybe u can consider. My 2 cents

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:04 PM

Nlatio
  • Premium member
    Nlatio
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

YES....
________________________________________________________________________________
________
PSN ID: Nlatio

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:05 PM

Booboon
  • Booboon
    6th Gear
    Author Image

SM goh say leaving sgp is quitter wor.
Nick Foo, 37
IT Trainer
Sometimes I quite Eng.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:07 PM

John112
  • John112
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

go where? here why no good? not scared end up worst then cry want to go home? at least now hungry i know how to go mcdonalds la

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:12 PM

Stanong11
  • Stanong11
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

And be FT of other country? Funny that you want to be foreigner of other people's country but cannot stand FTs in your own country.

BanCoe praised this

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:14 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

But MM Lee ask u to leave if u don't sing their song. tongue.gif

So how...go also die...stay also die. sad.gif

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:15 PM

Solar
  • Premium member
    Solar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yes, but where do you intend to go to? Your age and skillset also determines your survival in the other country. It is not all bed of roses either.
I have a lot of friends & colleagues migrated.. 1 couple returned. The wife couldn't get used to the 'no-maid anymore' in OZ.
Another guy friend couldn't find job and had to return when funds run out.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

Ladykillerz
  • Premium member
    Ladykillerz
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Vote for HOPE.
Please vote wisely. :-)
Ladykillerz
The Sky's The Limit! [angel]

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:18 PM

Chickenbackside
  • Premium member
    Chickenbackside
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Grass is always greener on the other side.

I suggest you try to work and live in the country that you want to migrate to first before making a decision. It may not turn out to be "better".

Edited by Chickenbackside, 03 May 2011 - 11:19 PM.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:19 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

well, u can do something on 07 May. If still nothing happen or get worry after 2 to 3 yrs maybe u can consider. My 2 cents

That's what I'm thinking too. But to do so needs a lot of planning. Whether or not, I think I should start planning and look for alternatives.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:22 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes, but where do you intend to go to? Your age and skillset also determines your survival in the other country. It is not all bed of roses either.
I have a lot of friends & colleagues migrated.. 1 couple returned. The wife couldn't get used to the 'no-maid anymore' in OZ.
Another guy friend couldn't find job and had to return when funds run out.

That's what I fear too. Adapting to another country is not easy. Jobs is not really an issue cos I will just be relocating my business. But it's a huge decision that I do not want to take lightly, same as my vote.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Grass is always greener on the other side.

I suggest you try to work and live in the country that you want to migrate to first before making a decision. It may not turn out to be "better".

Good idea. Maybe I should do that. Go somewhere for a few months and see how it goes.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:23 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Vote for HOPE.
Please vote wisely. :-)

Yes SIR! wink.gif

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:26 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

And be FT of other country? Funny that you want to be foreigner of other people's country but cannot stand FTs in your own country.

Not really want to be FT of other country but want more "space". If I go to the USA, I see americans. I go to the UK, I see british. Not like here in SG. I go out I see foreigners.

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:26 PM

Unltd
  • Unltd
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I think there is a paradigm shift happening. However, this is the beginning, we may not see it in this election (the huge change some are waiting for) but we will see it (hopefully be alive when it happens).

Your points do make sense, but we can't just change where we are born in (Singapore). However, what we can do is effect the change (or no change) we want to see by casting our votes.

Nobody agrees implicitly with everyone else, at least I don't. But I think in life, we have to try to change what we think is wrong or try to bring about the change.

Many drops form an ocean, remember the PAP were also the opposition once. How the previous ruling party lost it's power was when it went overboard, lost it's bearings and eventually lost the people's confidence, if the PAP does not keep in check their policies history is bound to repeat itself.
My mechanic told me, "I couldn't repair your brakes, so I made your horn louder."
Smile, and the world will smile with you. Laugh and they'll all think your on drugs
"i'm not tailgating, i'm keeping up with the pace car"
When it's a question of money, everybody is of the same religion

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:27 PM

Vid
  • Premium member
    Vid
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

go where? here why no good? not scared end up worst then cry want to go home? at least now hungry i know how to go mcdonalds la

Eh... Mcdonalds every country also have lah. I scare no char kway tiao and hokkien mee to eat laugh.gif laugh.gif

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:29 PM

Porche
  • Premium member
    Porche
    Supercharged
    Author Image

then what about his daughter....Quitter's father

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Should, migrate

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users