Is SPC fuel quality#%&@?

Quantum

due to sky high fuel price, have to switch over from Caltex to SPC to earn another 7% discount (Caltex 11% vs SPC 18%) [;)]

but some friends told me SPC fuel quality is not as good as other world famous brands (Caltex, Shell, mobil etc), FC and performance both are discounted, and if long term using, might shorten engine lifespan :o

is it??

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

For me, it's not worth the savings switching to SPC as I consistently get 150km less per tank on SPC fuel compared with Shell.

You should experiment and see if it makes any difference on your car.

Edited by Chickenbackside

due to sky high fuel price, have to switch over from Caltex to SPC to earn another 7% discount (Caltex 11% vs SPC 18%) [;)]

but some friends told me SPC fuel quality is not as good as other world famous brands (Caltex, Shell, mobil etc), FC and performance both are discounted, and if long term using, might shorten engine lifespan :o

is it??

fyi, SPC and Caltex get their petrol from the same refinery (SRC) on jurong island.

i've been using SPC for past 3 cars of which 2 are turbo-charged and heavily. SPC 98 has consistently gives the best performance in terms of power output during tuning and is the most resistant again engine knocking. shell vpower is the worst in terms of engine knocking

in terms of mileage, i've tried the different brands and all gives very similar mileage. FC depends heavily on driving pattern, road conditions and the car itself.

• Praise 1

For me, it's not worth the savings switching to SPC as I consistently get 150km less per tank on SPC fuel compared with Shell.

can't believe since it's so obviously different, how come SPC R&D team don't try to resolve it??

fyi, SPC and Caltex get their petrol from the same refinery (SRC) on jurong island.

i've been using SPC for past 3 cars of which 2 are turbo-charged and heavily. SPC 98 has consistently gives the best performance in terms of power output during tuning and is the most resistant again engine knocking. shell vpower is the worst in terms of engine knocking

in terms of mileage, i've tried the different brands and all gives very similar mileage. FC depends heavily on driving pattern, road conditions and the car itself.

SPC petrol is fine! I used its 98RON on my WRX. No diff in performance as compared to other brands. At the very least, its way better than u pump any brands in Malaysia!

• Praise 1

u sure it's as much as 150km diff per tank?! tat sounds like a lot leh.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

SPC petrol is fine! I used its 98RON on my WRX. No diff in performance as compared to other brands. At the very least, its way better than u pump any brands in Malaysia!

You are saying msia petrol quality no good?! [:/]

Am I correct to say that the differences in petrol mileage can be clearly seen in the on-board computer calculation?

Meaning I always use Esso and I get 13km/L on the onboard computer. (say for a few tanks)

So if I use a 'lousier' petrol, I can clearly see the difference on the onboard computer, say 12.9km/l? (say after changing petrol and after a few tanks)

I think I will try Esso for the whole of May to test if its true for my Jazz or not.

Currently using cowtax since day one.

agree.. i get so much worse with SPC.

2nd worst was caltex.

esso and shell gives me the same fc.

• Praise 1

i'm thinking the different is too much :o

your extremely heavy foot while running SPC?

(edited)

You are saying msia petrol quality no good?! [:/]

If u do a dyno test on your ride before & after pumping Malaysia petrol you will know what i mean <_<

Edited by Aaronlkl

(edited)

i'm thinking the different is too much :o

your extremely heavy foot while running SPC?

Its pychological cos its SPC and not other branded petrol thats why many said its not good.

Edited by Aaronlkl

is it??

Totally BS.......

• Praise 1

Twincharged

Yes,Esso,SPC & Caltex all get their fuels from S'pore Refine company,only their additives is not the same.

Yes,Esso,SPC & Caltex all get their fuels from S'pore Refine company,only their additives is not the same.

though onli Esso and shell got Refinary plant at Singapore, never see SPC & Caltex have planr in Saingpore

6th Gear

though onli Esso and shell got Refinary plant at Singapore, never see SPC & Caltex have planr in Saingpore

I seen it before when taking a cruise back to Singapore, not sure which island though.

is it??

for me i cant feel any diff between esso and spc, ron95.

i never pump caltex cos i dun like them almost always being the first to raise prices.

recently i switched to ron98 and i get 30km more per tank before light up

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1