Is SPC fuel quality#%&@?

Quantum

of cos la..malaysia petrol is much dirty.. as if u pump more at malaysia.. u may need to change ur fuel filter often..

Hi bro, like to ask you. On what grounds or proof/evidence, that you say malaysia petrol is dirty? So meaning the all super cars in malaysia can't pump m'sia petrol?

Even heard some say m'sia petrol got add water.. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

SPC gives me better mileage, nothing wrong with SPC fuel...btw i am using RON98...got 18% discount using everyday card though...sometime got 2 dollars off voucher for 40 dollars pump...

Edited by SGCMniceguy
  • Praise 1

having seen all the bros review on various brand of petrol they pump, seems like all got different results, some good some bad some opposite.

Could it be the type of engine oil we use also?

I usually use Honda's engine oil (cos i drive a honda) for my car and mileage quite good. About 650 per tank of fuel.

Last servicing I lazy to go buy so use workshop's mobil engine oil and mileage seems to drop to about 600 per tank and sometimes 580.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i pump esso and shell most of the time , for spc i hardly pump. but for me i still feel that esso's 98 quality better than shell .

By the way, care to elaborate on 'rough', e.g. need to accelerate more on uphill, or more noise during acceleration, etc. ?

I think I agree ... not sure why since 'Fuel Save' ... the FC seems poorer ... not sure if anyone else also feels that too ?

Difficult to explain lei... I suppose 'rough' means my engine feels 'not smooth'?? Does that help?? [:p]

Haha! Just kiddin'. Yeah, I suppoer your example of more noise during acceleration would be most accurate in describing this roughness. Going upslope is no problem, in other words, power is not affected. Other fuels like Caltex or Esso make the engine seem easier to rev (i.e. 'smoother'), quieter also, but the loss in physical acceleration/power seems immediately apparent. Like the engine revolutions do not quite translate into wheel horse power. Strange but True! :blink:

my previous 1.6L car using SPC Ron95, constantly clocking 13-14KM/L, but i nvr get that firgure while using other brand b4 switching to spc.

Yes,Esso,SPC & Caltex all get their fuels from S'pore Refine company,only their additives is not the same.

Esso gets its petrol from ExxonMobil terminal in Jurong Island.

SPC and Caltex get it from SRC.

Although SPC and Caltex get the gasoline from the same refinery, there is a difference in terms of the fuel additive composition and each company has its own standard....

Caltex always give me 50km less per tank compared to Esso. Maybe 'cos the add more cleaning agents.

yes, tat's likely the reason....with more "detergents" in a fixed volume of petrol, u get less petrol to provide the energy

Mileage differences..yes..

shorten engine life ..rubbish

due to sky high fuel price, have to switch over from Caltex to SPC to earn another 7% discount (Caltex 11% vs SPC 18%) [;)]

but some friends told me SPC fuel quality is not as good as other world famous brands (Caltex, Shell, mobil etc), FC and performance both are discounted, and if long term using, might shorten engine lifespan :o

is it??

Neutral Newbie

SPC petrol has never been good since they started 80s or 90s.

They have blended the petrol so much to keep profit high.

Caltex obtain their petrol also from SRC the refinery but Caltex put their own

additives to give the power.

Good thing not cheap and cheap thing no good.

In all fairness Mobil has the best petrol whether is 92, 95 0r 98 RON.

Today as the petrol comes from either Exxon refinery in PAC or Jurong is difficult to gauge.

PAC petrol is another havoc, quality....

(edited)

Whether its good or not, perform a dyno test with various brand of the same grade on ur ride [cool] U will find out in no time! All petrol of the same grade sold in Singapore yields almost the same results. Can't really tell which is better than the other behind the wheel.

Edited by Aaronlkl

SPC petrol has never been good since they started 80s or 90s.

They have blended the petrol so much to keep profit high.

Caltex obtain their petrol also from SRC the refinery but Caltex put their own

additives to give the power.

Good thing not cheap and cheap thing no good.

In all fairness Mobil has the best petrol whether is 92, 95 0r 98 RON.

Today as the petrol comes from either Exxon refinery in PAC or Jurong is difficult to gauge.

PAC petrol is another havoc, quality....

You sure you're in the right mind to say this? [speechless]

Are you absolutely sure when u say this? could lead u to a court case u know... [laugh][laugh]

i used to think the same abt SPC when i was driving my lancer for the 1st few years...only pump shell, Ron98.

Until 1 fine day, i realise my friend, driving a Benz, pumping SPC. Telling me the only different is to my pocket. [laugh]

So i tried switching, SPC Ron 98. True enuff, no diff (or maybe becuz i have a big ass so cant feel? ^_^)

But 1 thing for sure, i have better FC for Ron98 compared to Ron95, Shell or SPC, same. Tested, proven.

After changing my ride, it seems like the better FC no longer stands. :blink:

The only petrol that i could really feel a diff is V-power....but the power is so good that, my FC got worsen, cuz foot got even heavier.

And seriously, i would really really like to try out something...

For those of you who swear blind that SPC is really much much lousier, why dont we have an experiment?

We get bottles of petrol from different brands, brands unknown to the drivers.

U test it, and pick the one u think is SPC.

Can have side bet also...winner walk away with a free tank of petrol?

Anybody onz?? [rolleyes]

Seconded! Mine's a hi-comp engine and have been using SPC 98 since Day 1. Not because it's the cheapest, but because it's gives the best overall performance for my car. The only drawback is that my engine tends to run a little rough on it. V-Power though, is even better! All the benefits without a hint of roughness!

Not sure about FC but Shell's "Fuel Save" actually worsened my FC by at least 30km per full tank!

add some 2t and you will hv smoothness every tank... any petrol station... [:)]

add some 2t and you will hv smoothness every tank... any petrol station... [:)]

Don't mind trying. I frequently use octane boosters and stuff lidat anyway. Where to buy and how much ah? Can be used in conjunction with octane booster?

↡ Advertisement