What do you guys think about this GE?

VellfireS

GE 2011  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Was the results something you expected?

• YES!
    • No..
    • Huh? Elections over ah?

Key reflection for GE2011 is:

1. GRC is broken!! and 2 ministers lost

2. PAP has the worst performance ever

3. Singaporeans have sent a very strong msg to PAP for transformation

4. LHL did not get better approval from singaporean.. (in 2006, they fought WP and in 2011 it's RP.. With a signficantly weaker party, LHL only win by +2-3% more and that's no good)

The future of Singapore political landscape really lies in WP.. OPs needs to harmonize their strategy and consolidate strength!

Overall, the people of Singapore has won GE2011

4. LHL did not get better approval from singaporean.. (in 2006, they fought WP and in 2011 it's RP.. With a signficantly weaker party, LHL only win by +2-3% more and that's no good)

The future of Singapore political landscape really lies in WP.. OPs needs to harmonize their strategy and consolidate strength!

Hopefully.Juz worried that some oppo party might have that own agenda.It will be good if they can collabrate.

I actually teared when I heard that Aljunied gone.. It also means Mr George Yeo , Mr Zainul Abidin.. also. gone..

It's a fairly good result.

GRC fell by a respectable margin.

Despite being barely coherent, CST managed a good show against WKS.

With a bit of luck, oppo could have taken 2 more seats.

LHL actually got a lousy result (again) against a last minute cobbled together team.

The "popular" GCT got 56% nia

Margin of 60:40 is actually very close by our standards. Too bad GRCs skew the representation in parliament

Hopefully Nicole and Vincent can become NCMPs. With the exposure, they night become more successful next time.

MIW all act humble suddenly. Hopefully, they will wake up their ideas a bit.

I actually teared when I heard that Aljunied gone.. It also means Mr George Yeo , Mr Zainul Abidin.. also. gone..

GY is a gentleman but it was worth seeing LHH and Cynthia looking like the sky just collapsed on them.

GY is a gentleman but it was worth seeing LHH and Cynthia looking like the sky just collapsed on them.

since nomination day, u could already see the fear in george yeo's eyes.

Haha.. Yeah.. all looked liked.. I got no word to describe how they looked.. maybe like how you say.. [:p]

WKS was smiling like someone who passed his exams after burning midnight oil.

I hope in 2016, hammer gang send a team to Tampines and Bishan.

I like his speech and the way he concedes his defeat.Gentleman and a good loser.

Victims of collateral damage.. [knife]

Nothing personal, george [wave]

i'm so sad that Mr George Yeo have lost. we really lost a capable talent. He had so far done a very good job for Singapore . Frankly speaking, i would wan WP to win all GRC rather than from Aljunied.

Victims of collateral damage.. [knife]

Nothing personal, george [wave]

he was good.

but he had to be the unfortunate one to go.

This is a shitty result for PAP.. and if they don't change their style and policies (including out of this world ministeral salary), their result in next GE will get even worse..

The younger voters (20s-40s) are not like our parents who gone thru indepedence, with little education and see LKY as the savior.. If PAP still want to treat us like stupid kids, they will keep losing votes.

Neutral Newbie

Boy George is good in nothing.

He have not give the whole singapore the true answer for the Romanian envoy murderer yet.....now he's gone....who going to answer for him......

Turbocharged

We can only blame the GRC system for the loss of GY. Their strategy is a double edged sword. When the opp team is weak, the anchor minister himself will be good enough to support the rest. But when the opp come out guns blazing with an A-team, the risk is alot higher.

↡ Advertisement