Fall of Potong Pasir - Resident Account

Curahee

Emir Shafri

After hours on end at the edge of my seat, I received horrible word. Potong Pasir has fallen. Potong Pasir. The opposition stronghold Potong Pasir. My Potong Pasir.

Damn.

A year ago, I moved to Potong Pasir, and fell in love with it. To me, it represented one of Singapore

↡ Advertisement

Emir Shafri

After hours on end at the edge of my seat, I received horrible word. Potong Pasir has fallen. Potong Pasir. The opposition stronghold Potong Pasir. My Potong Pasir.

Damn.

A year ago, I moved to Potong Pasir, and fell in love with it. To me, it represented one of Singapore

Turbocharged

I cannot blame PP residents, 27 long years - I cannot say I can Tahan the torment and may have crossed the other Box to vote in goodies early than 27 yrs.

This is the case for Aljunied GRC now. Many say OK lets see how they perform and if NO Good, vote them out ?

Who controls the tap above ?

So sorry, the reality of life: a fool and his money soon part company. I believe too many residents there were complacent on that Saturday, if what you observed to be the norm. Hope they learn through the mistake(s) they wanted

(edited)

Even me not being @ pp estate can feel the pain...

When you crave for ur chosen way of life, but am the minority, by 114 votes...

or if Altivo mentioned, 78 votes...

Edited by Sirjimmy

Turbocharged

So sorry, the reality of life: a fool and his money soon part company. I believe too many residents there were complacent on that Saturday, if what you observed to be the norm. Hope they learn through the mistake(s) they wanted

Lets face it. 27 yrs of righteousness, integrity and dignity is enough to prove to all Losers in other wards, enough said.

However, they REALLY need the LUP and they need them 10 yrs ago..

No one there needs to prove to anyone - let them have their Lifts please and CST retire. He is my Che Guevara

This show that half of PP resident rather get a contractor than a servant of the ppl. Pathetic and sad.

PP is a small town, a lot of upgrading can be completed within 5 years.

5 years later, vote LC back in again after benefitting from the upgrading programme. But that is provided PP don't get absorbed into a GRC.

Looking at history, p8p or the Elections Department would rename the town to something else which p8p had lost, effectively wiping it out of history.

Anson -> Tanjong Pagar

Cheng San -> parts of it absorbed by surrounding GRCs

6th Gear

PP is a small town, a lot of upgrading can be completed within 5 years.

5 years later, vote LC back in again after benefitting from the upgrading programme. But that is provided PP don't get absorbed into a GRC.

Looking at history, p8p or the Elections Department would rename the town to something else which p8p had lost, effectively wiping it out of history.

Anson -> Tanjong Pagar

Cheng San -> parts of it absorbed by surrounding GRCs

Looking at their history and track record, there is a high possibility that PP will be absorbed into some GRC.

It will be a very different estate soon. But we have to respect the majority vote, no matter how close the results were

The author to this article cries foul or calling it unfair. This is just the thing I've been talking about, there's no fairness or fair in politics. You cannot have the best of both worlds of having an opposition MP and have upgrading programs at the same time. What basic excess to necessities or funds which belongs to you also won't give you as long as you have an opposition MP. Unless you are prepared to sacrifice the offers and not have any upgrading programs but are the rest of the residents ready for that sacrifice?

Some of you will see this as a underhand tactic or whatever you call it. If the opposition is in power of the nation you will see the same on how they will treat their opposition. This is politics whether you like it or not. It's a power struggle or survival of the strongest party.

↡ Advertisement