Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
15 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 10 May 2011 - 10:48 PM

Bluemice
  • Bluemice
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi,

Anyone knows where can I buy this ?
DSC_0884_1.jpg
DSC_0885_1.jpg
its a lock for a wrought iron window grill

DSC_0791.jpg
and this is for the sliding window , with a slide-lock

thanks

mice

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:16 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Thye Seng Hardware Enterprise.
Along Sims Ave, after lor15 geylang, right alongside a traffic light. You should be able to see it on Google maps.
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:00 AM

Ronleo
  • Premium member
    Ronleo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

any hardware shop in your neighbourhood will have wat u wanted.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:48 AM

Bluemice
  • Bluemice
    5th Gear
    Author Image

thanks, will check them out

Posted 11 May 2011 - 06:50 AM

Bluemice
  • Bluemice
    5th Gear
    Author Image

any hardware shop in your neighbourhood will have wat u wanted.

hi, I tinkth am staying at wrong neighbourhood. those in been too dun hv the exact ones as above. even stores like homefix or mustafa also dun carry.

thanks for your reply anyway

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:12 AM

Good-Carbuyer
Just to share with you all: someone demonstarted to me how to open a typical locked window grille without key. He simply wenched the locking mechanism ajar to slide it open. So we need to install jubilee clips onto the window grilles for more effective deterrent.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:58 AM

Ken_leong
  • Premium member
    Ken_leong
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

hi, I tinkth am staying at wrong neighbourhood. those in been too dun hv the exact ones as above. even stores like homefix or mustafa also dun carry.

thanks for your reply anyway

You can check out HOMELY Hardware. The main branch at Ubi is huge.

No. 1 Ubi Crescent #01-01,
Number One Building
Singapore 408563

Branches
341 Changi Road,
Singapore 419812

48 Toh Guan Road East,
#01-98 Enterprise Hub,
Singapore 608586

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

for grill, if you don't mind, can just use those padlocks with long ear loops. Relatively cheap, easily available and definitely stronger and more difficult for people to pull it apart compared to those shown above.

Edited by Kangadrool, 11 May 2011 - 09:05 AM.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:35 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

the window lock is not good enough. That one is the standard one.

you should install a bolt sliding key lock. The troublesome part is you need to unlock and lock with the key each time you wan to open and close window.

But its alot safer and difficult for someone to break yr window, besides smashing the glass panels.

I wanted to install it, but the troublesome part of using key to lock and unlock...........

This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 11 May 2011 - 10:30 PM

Bluemice
  • Bluemice
    5th Gear
    Author Image

thanks, will try the various locations suggested.

As for my unit , i do not have any corridor facing windows, at least the risk is lesser.

thanks again.

mice

Posted 12 May 2011 - 12:16 PM

Moredhel
  • Premium member
    Moredhel
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Best solution for units with corridor facing windows.

Sexy Ass Tiko Ranger:- ^^
"How fortunate for leaders, that the masses do not think." - Hitler.

Posted 07 October 2011 - 06:39 PM

Doraemon84
  • Doraemon84
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi,

Anyone knows where can I buy this ?

its a lock for a wrought iron window grill

and this is for the sliding window , with a slide-lock

thanks

mice

Hi maybe you can try those hardware shop?? like those 五金店?By any chance if anyone know a good and reliable wrought iron grill supplier??? I am planning to re-design my windows... thanks a million

Posted 08 October 2011 - 08:36 PM

• Premium member
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Looks like for cabinet with sliding doors

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:00 AM

SimonTan
  • SimonTan
    Banned

Those long neck locks wont work.
The burglar can easily lift two sliding grills upwards and remove the grills.
Further more, the aluminum grill and window frame is a joke. Joined together with weak rivets. Easily cut open using normal shear cutters.

The most effective get iron wrought grill with hinges, where the grill only swings open. These type of grill can easily locked with a ordinary lock.

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

SamanthaLoh
  • SamanthaLoh
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Just to share with you all: someone demonstarted to me how to open a typical locked Window Grille without key. He simply wenched the locking mechanism ajar to slide it open. So we need to install jubilee clips onto the window grilles for more effective deterrent.

Got such good service?

Posted 12 November 2017 - 10:05 PM

ealphons
  • ealphons
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I am also looking for SL locks for my wrought iron window grilles. went to many 五金店 leew but no luck. anyone can share where to buy them?

Edited by ealphons, 12 November 2017 - 10:05 PM.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Window, grill, lock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users