A sign the battery is failing?

Matrixx

The battery load-tester was not involved in my case. Just that the tyre mech wanted to shift my car to the jack for rotating tyres. He told me that the engine cannot start, battery flat, have to change battery, want to change ? This is a tyre & battery shop. Anyway, it was just too "coincidental".

btw, the service level at this tyre shop is below my expecation. When I enquired about charges for high-speed balancing. The guy rudely replied don't have high-speed balancing, Singapore max 90 km/h only what.

All wheels need to be balanced at least each time when you replace them. You never know when you could have two tire punctured at the same time, and you were far away from help (could be outstation). You may need to rotate a rear wheel or both rear wheels to the front (I assume it is front wheel drive). Replace a/the rear with the spare, to drive back (on 3 wheels configuration). Do not try drifting.

↡ Advertisement

damn it. my Varta 74AH battery going to die anytime. only 11months. [bigcry]

......and it stated unserviceable using a device by the tyre shop.

my previous Amaron 74AH last 18months.

next change try Bosch brand

Edited by Mcf777

Neutral Newbie

Stay with Amaron. Bosch is not that good either.

One workshop owner I know is so pissed with Bosch (due to short life) that he switched his entire battery stock to Motolite.

Edited by Qms

Bro, it seems all yr batteries don't last long

How's is yr car?

Did u install any ICE or any electrical stuff ?

U using the correct battery size?

Could it be your alternator not working properly?

Do u drive every day and every night?

Do u turn off everything before shutting down the engine ?

Do u turn on immediately everything just after u crank start your engine ?

Elder UNCLE ? ARE YOU ??

Hey, don't be rude ok?

U do it your way and do it at your own risk.

Yeobh had been around for long time and he knows his stuff pretty well.

mine stock car. i turn off all the headlamp/radio before i turn-off the ignition key.

ya...maybe change back to amaron. varta brand really CMI for my car.

wonder is there any warranty for battery less than 12 months? mabye claim a new set. hahahha

Thanks for your help and understanding. I hope all of us who have sufficient car technology infos should help to remove as many BS kings from this forum so that those who seek help will not be directed to the MRT tracks or burn a big hole in their pockets.

Through this simple action , I hope we will make this an enjoyable forum and a place where one can seek help to solve their cars and even personal problems [:)]

Edited by Yeobh

Neutral Newbie

mine stock car. i turn off all the headlamp/radio before i turn-off the ignition key.

wonder is there any warranty for battery less than 12 months? mabye claim a new set. hahahha

Bigger battery like DIN74 usually last longer, unless it's undersized for your car.

On my Caddy, I'm using Enercell DIN74. It's still cranking like new after 1 yr 3 mths.

Varta Blue is not very good. I think it's MIC.

Varta Silver is much better, but cost higher.

Amaron has 12 months warranty.

I really trust Amaron more than any other brands. Been using it for years for 3 diff cars. Never fail me at all

Hey, don't be rude ok?

U do it your way and do it at your own risk.

Yeobh had been around for long time and he knows his stuff pretty well.

Just ignore the guy lah. Obviously a conceited and unfriendly chap from the way he posts. [whip] He didn't even bother to reply when I responded to one of his post. Perhaps, he realised that he was trying to be too clever [thumbsdown]

Most of us will already know from Yeobh various posts that he does have some authority over such matters and had contribute meaningfully in this forum for the benefit of members here.

Have a nice day! [wave]

Amaron has 12 months warranty.

I really trust Amaron more than any other brands. Been using it for years for 3 diff cars. Never fail me at all

Have yet to replace my weak battery and should be looking at Amaron with 65AH rating. I got offer for 60AH rating however, I feel it would be better to replace with same or slightly higher rating. BTW, what is the rating of your current battery and what is the best cost available for such battery.

Thanks for your help and understanding. I hope all of us who have sufficient car technology infos should help to remove as many BS kings from this forum so that those who seek help will not be directed to the MRT tracks or burn a big hole in their pockets.

Through this simple action , I hope we will make this an enjoyable forum and a place where one can seek help to solve their cars and even personal problems [:)]

Fully agreed and thanks for all the useful contributions. [thumbsup]

Have a nice day! [wave]

[thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement