Toyota Prius Alpha/Plus

Yongwd

just went suntec and confirm no rear aircon

anyway img to describe the middle tunnel another poster talking abt. its the arm rest. but that one almost all car haf so nt sure what is the issue

1Ti85Sc.jpg

H4TfrzG.jpg

Tks for the pics, ya can't see anything obviously intrusive from other cars. Hope some bros can clarify if there is indeed something which was missed.  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Tks for the pics, ya can't see anything obviously intrusive from other cars. Hope some bros can clarify if there is indeed something which was missed.  

Hey look there is a rubbish bin at the back   :D

• Praise 3

Hey look there is a rubbish bin at the back   :D

By far one of the best features by Toyota.  Beside use as rubbish bin, it can hold a bottle, a bouquet of flowers for your loved one, receive payments for the ride, and in "an emergency", just vomit into it but not sure it's waterproof!! The hybrid Lithium Ion batteries are just below it.

The white centre console doesn't look fitting to the whole interior.

Look like it's part of the beige-grey dual-tone interior colour theme.  Understand there is a black-grey theme and the console is black.

Still a little unclear though on the "rear air conditioning".

*extract from BM's specs:

Auto air conditioning with climate control Yes Rear air conditioning Yes Dual zone independent climate control No
  • Praise 1

Seem like there are quite a few "updates" to the specs and some are not transparent enough.  One of them is the drive-connected Entune, a Toyota spying system in your car.  The latest version Entune 3 is rolling out and wonder it's standard for the AD's Prius+.  Relatedly, Apple is finally allowed Goggle Map and Waze into iOS 12 which is great for nav.

Apple is great but it's Map is real suck!!  Personally, I would like Toyota to offer Android Audio instead of Apple Carplay or better still, both.

• Praise 1

Hi,

the arm rest is the one I find intrusive.

I did not like some other models (Mazda 5 and Wish) because of its position, not my preferred level.

I prefer to have the centre console empty.

• Praise 1

local HU using clarion brand thou

My SE told me (before June) that BM already decided that the Prius+ will come with Apple Carplay and to host the app, it need a HU and I was told it's Entune, Toyota own telematics system.  It's clearly stated in the given out specs.

Toyota Telematics System (Entune):

Stay Connected.  Seamlessly connect your mobile device to the car.  An advance touch screen system allows you to access music and answer phone calls.  My understanding, Entune will host Apple Carplay that can do whatever iPhone can do especially navigation. 

Hi,

I did not like some other models (Mazda 5 and Wish) because of its position, not my preferred level.

[idea] Toyota engineers thought they have found the best solution to keep the HSD battery, have a center console to host the mode switches (most appropriate place) and... providing you an additional row of seats.  They would be very sad if you don't like their design :a-bang:

Haha!

Hi,

Ok thks for the info, i suppose it’s to each his own cos whilst I can understand that it would be more roomy without a centre console, I personally don’t think its a deal breaker but that’s me.

What I cant stand is those huge rear tunnels which eats into the rear cabin space n makes it difficult for the middle rear passenger to sit but then again that’s for the drive shaft so cant be helped I guess.

I was spoilt with the Civic FD flat floor previously.

• Praise 5

Just to share my experience with bros here. I drove this car in the US (called Prius V) for one year. The FC is impressive. About 16-18 km/l. But the car’s build quality is extremely poor I feel. Very bad road noise probably due to thin doors, plasticy interior also. I also got into a rear ended accident and the bumper fell off with only slight impact. Eventually sold the car taking a US$5k loss (quite bad considering it’s US where cars are super cheap). The car is also a rather old model and will be phased out in the US

https://www.motor1.com/news/221706/toyota-prius-v-discontinued/

Do consider the Noah. I am driving one now after returning to SG. The interior is much better quality and the car definitely feels more solid, even though I think it’s the same engine and battery.

• Praise 3

(edited)

Just to share my experience with bros here. I drove this car in the US (called Prius V) for one year. The FC is impressive. About 16-18 km/l. But the car’s build quality is extremely poor I feel. Very bad road noise probably due to thin doors, plasticy interior also. I also got into a rear ended accident and the bumper fell off with only slight impact. Eventually sold the car taking a US$5k loss (quite bad considering it’s US where cars are super cheap). The car is also a rather old model and will be phased out in the US

https://www.motor1.com/news/221706/toyota-prius-v-discontinued/

Do consider the Noah. I am driving one now after returning to SG. The interior is much better quality and the car definitely feels more solid, even though I think it’s the same engine and battery.

i still unable to find actual battery info on the triplets (noah/voxy/esquire) for 2018 models, likely they are on the previous nimh not lithium-ion

Edited by Defcon
  • Praise 2

Borneo just brought in the Prius+, any diff from Prius Alpha from PI? Is it still using the older less efficient Prius engine?

• Praise 2

Ok thks for the info, i suppose it’s to each his own cos whilst I can understand that it would be more roomy without a centre console, I personally don’t think its a deal breaker but that’s me.

What I cant stand is those huge rear tunnels which eats into the rear cabin space n makes it difficult for the middle rear passenger to sit but then again that’s for the drive shaft so cant be helped I guess.

I was spoilt with the Civic FD flat floor previously.

The Prius + middle row is just like the Wish's. The floorboard is flat.

In fact, there's a lot of similarity with the Wish, except that the 2nd row seat comes in 3 individual seats, instead of Wish's 60/40 split.

Now Prius + is ~$20+k cheaper than Prius... Quite strange if you ask me...

• Praise 2

Supersonic

In fact, there's a lot of similarity with the Wish, except that the 2nd row seat comes in 3 individual seats, instead of Wish's 60/40 split.

I think they are pushing the sales of this since the Wish is no more on sale.
  • Praise 1

this is bec of the VES impact....normal Prius has additional charges.  Notice the Prius +/Alpha dashboard hasnt changed since the last model.  They change the front only or did i miss something?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2