Lim Swee Say Gotta Work Cheaper, Better, Faster

Gendut

ask them minister lead by example lah...Cheaper and Better....but for them definitely v exp and not necessary better somemore...sigh

This has been debated before many times

Minister job is very different from peasant job

It can be better but cannot be cheaper cos Singapore will be in ruins

For other not so important job, we should be cheaper

• Praise 2

Can we have cheaper and better ministers? Someone that walk the talk instead of just talk.

From what I know, they seems to be the highest paid in the world.

• Praise 8

"if we ever allow our cheaper competitors to become better than us, one day, they will be cheaper and better than us. Likewise, if we ever allow our better competitors to become cheaper than us, one day, they will be better and cheaper than us." Lim Swee say say.

allow me to digest first.. maybe in layman words...

one day, if a cheaply made handphone is better than the handphone i  make, it will be cheaper and better than my handphone.

likewise, if an expensively made handphone become cheaper than the handphone i make, it will be better and cheaper than my handphone....

wow... i really dont know what to say...  :XD:  :XD:  :XD:

• Praise 4

Let's vote for a Cheaper and Better minister who will talk less and do more. [laugh]

I did !

But unfortunately, I am not the majority, just a contributor to the 30%.

• Praise 8

"if we ever allow our cheaper competitors to become better than us, one day, they will be cheaper and better than us. Likewise, if we ever allow our better competitors to become cheaper than us, one day, they will be better and cheaper than us." Lim Swee say say.

allow me to digest first.. maybe in layman words...

one day, if a cheaply made handphone is better than the handphone i make, it will be cheaper and better than my handphone.

likewise, if an expensively made handphone become cheaper than the handphone i make, it will be better and cheaper than my handphone....

wow... i really dont know what to say... :XD::XD::XD:

Erm..I think what he is trying to say is.. We people must work hard and fight to do better then others in terms of innovation, cost and productivity (basically everything). If not others will overtake us and we are left behind.

He have good intention, however don't know why everytime he open his mouth keep kanna say by people. So well.. People give chance to him leh.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

Can we have cheaper and better ministers? Someone that walk the talk instead of just talk.

No need to say "they seem to be" - its conspermed and should read as " they are INDEED "  :D

Peasant like you n me can play around with the vocab .... no diff to them still; they got firewall between us n them ; Now you n me are the engine aka workhorse, grimy and everthing sooty under the hood;  

the plush cab part ...... you can continue...... and dream on [laugh]     

• Praise 3

No need to say "they seem to be" - its conspermed and should read as " they are INDEED " :D

Peasant like you n me can play around with the vocab .... no diff to them still; they got firewall between us n them ; Now you n me are the engine aka workhorse, grimy and everthing sooty under the hood;

the plush cab part ...... you can continue...... and dream on [laugh]

Ya... Too bad that our opposition is too weak, 一盘散沙. If only they can put down their difference, agenda and face and unite together to form a big party, else it will be 五十年不变. But I guess it will be easier to find my 梦姑 than seeing this happen :)

I do agree that Singapore need political stabability in order to attract foreign investments, but that does not mean policy makers can suka suka pass comments without thinking. And not to mention, policies needs to be challenge with a good intention and not for the sake of challenge. With the current majority white, any challenge is like casting an egg to a rock. Even if they lost 1 or 2 GRC, it will still be a scratch to them.

• Praise 2

This has been debated before many times

Minister job is very different from peasant job

It can be better but cannot be cheaper cos Singapore will be in ruins

For other not so important job, we should be cheaper

debated many times but we don't get it :D
  • Praise 1

I've seen bots that seem more original and eloquent than LSS.

And I think some of the fellas in this country are the most retarded I've came across.

• Praise 1

Cheaper, better and faster don't apply to them :D

• Praise 3

Perhaps Unker Lim is speaking to those of us that need simple and clear language.

Some of us deal with the functional use of language everyday. These workers like us live in such a culture. Finish? Finish what? You done? Done what? Nothing such as a simple preamble to a greeting, it's straight to the business at hand.

Hence, unker is using simple and clear instructions for the workers.

For parties purportedly working for workers, ridiculing the functional language of the workers, does not seem to validate their integrity at all.

So WCBF is a simple work instruction, but how we do it, its up to our individual ability and the ground situation.

Such as the recent fire at HSA, why don't pile the patients onto one bed and resuscitate them elsewhere, rather than thinking of moving house seven times?

Perhaps led strips onto the floor during smoky conditions?

Educate publicly what you can do in case of fire in enclosed environments such as trading rooms and corner offices?

How long do we have in a fire before smoke inhalation knocks us out? 30 seconds?

I work really cheap here.

But life is precious, even to those of us functional language users.

Sometimes Unker Lim brain too smart and fast.

↡ Advertisement