SMRT bendy bus burnt at Circuit Road last night!

Stooky

a1798o.jpg

SMRT maintenance of their buses is really jialat. another bus burnt within a month.

↡ Advertisement

Seems like it happens again and again and again.

Could it be electrical fault (these buses have a lot of "mods" - ticketing machines, door closing warnings and sensors, etc, etc) thus creating extra electrical loads or overnight parking at mice-infested areas? It does not help that all lot of heat are generated from these buses and they are driven in heavily stop/start traffic.

I heard there is a design fault with the Mercedes bendy buses. The fuel pipes may fracture and drip diesel onto hot parts of the engine. I think that's the cause of the fire.

Really is super max KUM LAN..... Penny wise pound foolish.

Only can laugh at them, poorly maintained for the sake of higher profits at the expense of consumers safety.

i think SMRT shld check on its bendy, so many fires already but no action was taken ?

Neutral Newbie

SMRT maintenance of their buses is really jialat. another bus burnt within a month.

i think they buy the Bentley engine only.

The chassis body, seats, electrical, electronics are all sub out to various sub-con, and most likely installed by qualified foreign talents.

bendy bus is a failure.

bloody long and take up more space on the road.

those SBS double deck bus are better, doesn't take as much space as a rubbish bendy bus and can sits more passenger.

whch c--k scholar in SMRT brings in the bendy?

Supersonic

bendy bus is a failure.

bloody long and take up more space on the road.

those SBS double deck bus are better, doesn't take as much space as a rubbish bendy bus and can sits more passenger.

whch c--k scholar in SMRT brings in the bendy?

Although many of us think that the bendy bus is a failure, but the bus company think bendy bus is much more practical than double decker bus, as the bus can take more pple and can travel to any part of the road, even those rd has height limit. That's y the bus co brings in bendy bus rather than double decker bus. [rolleyes]

But i find SMRT really poor maintenance of all their buses! Always see their bus either on fire or break down!