Shortest way from NSH from Singapore to Penang

Shor

Thanks KaKiLang for the compliment. I think the most important thing is a good GPS with updated map. I'd do researches because I never drive further than Genting using NSH. Well it's true, I had been driving in Northern Thailand for my past 10 years basically entertaining small groups of tourist. But I was wondering why KaKiLang knew this? :wacko:

The gal in your Avatar is punching mine dxxx, Oouch...... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

↡ Advertisement

hahahhaha......I guess yours bigger than that...LOL

The gal in your Avatar is punching mine dxxx, Oouch...... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

(edited)

I like to take a detour to Klang for Bak Kut Tei, excellent stopover if you are not keen to brave the KL traffic for even better food.

Edited by Voodooman

Wow, 6 hours you reached? You must be flying!!

:D

its more than 10 yrs since i drove to Penang....

from JB to Penang bridge using NSHW. Drive was from 11pm to 5am.

Nobody have this kind of experience ?

i am planning for one such trip also........ previous trips were done on overnite coaches.... [:)]

when will you be taking the trip, i may follow behind, if i can keep pace with you....... :D

haha..well done. you make a 8 hr drive sounds easier than going to Bukit Batok St 11 from Tampines. [thumbsup][thumbsup]

I heard the NSH before/after Ipoh is quite 'scenic', correct? ........ but the nilai/shad-alam way is shorter.

btw, basing on an 8-hr drive, if we leave tuas say 6am, should be in time for dinner in Penang!! ....... not bad at all :D

It should be exit 214 Nilai Utara instead of just Nilai. The two are different.

you're right:- 214 leads to highways, whereas the one before it brings us thru Nilai suburbs etc...... most sepang trackies know this too well [:)]

Thanks again bro!

Actually exit 215 will still bring you to E6, but you have to navigate thru some local roads, quite time-wasting and may overwork your GPS.... [:)]

Oh Bro, so great that you are interested. End of June or beginning of July. Don't wanna stuck in the school holidays period.

And going to Penang is basically my stop - over trip. I will stay there for a night, and head up straight to the Northern Thailand ( The Golden Triangle).....so meaning if we can have a ride up together, you have to come back Sg yourself........hope you can join in too!!!!!!!! Hear from you again bro! [wave]

i am planning for one such trip also........ previous trips were done on overnite coaches.... [:)]

when will you be taking the trip, i may follow behind, if i can keep pace with you....... :D

(edited)

Oh Bro, so great that you are interested. End of June or beginning of July. Don't wanna stuck in the school holidays period.

And going to Penang is basically my stop - over trip. I will stay there for a night, and head up straight to the Northern Thailand ( The Golden Triangle).....so meaning if we can have a ride up together, you have to come back Sg yourself........hope you can join in too!!!!!!!! Hear from you again bro! [wave]

[thumbsup][thumbsup] ......... thanks for 'admitting' me as your tail-party :D ....... now I will start planning my work commitments/meetings and keep end june / early july free........

dont worry, i will make my way back slowly and look see along the way back

btw, hope my wheels can keep pace with yours, what average highway speed you will set for your cruise-control.... ??

Penang, here we come!!

Edited by KARTer

PM you bro. [:)]

[thumbsup][thumbsup] ......... thanks for 'admitting' me as your tail-party :D ....... now I will start planning my work commitments/meetings and keep end june / early july free........

dont worry, i will make my way back slowly and look see along the way back

btw, hope my wheels can keep pace with yours, what average highway speed you will set for your cruise-control.... ??

Penang, here we come!!

Anyone can advise on this? The shortest way, the recommended R&R along the highway, the actual Exit from NSH heading all the way up to Penang. Thanks for sharing and any inputs appreciate!!! :mellow:

If you are kidding with us, this is ticklish. Otherwise the question is a little confusing from NSH (Johore/Bukit Mertajam?) from Singapore to Penang. Buy used GPS cheaper.

Anyone can advise on this? The shortest way, the recommended R&R along the highway, the actual Exit from NSH heading all the way up to Penang. Thanks for sharing and any inputs appreciate!!! :mellow:

Buy a GPS, set it to use shortest distance and then follow the instruction [laugh]

GPS is so cheap and you still have to ask for directions? sigh... [:(]

(edited)

I heard the NSH before/after Ipoh is quite 'scenic', correct? ........ but the nilai/shad-alam way is shorter.

btw, basing on an 8-hr drive, if we leave tuas say 6am, should be in time for dinner in Penang!! ....... not bad at all :D

Yes, it's very scenic in fact. That stretch of NSH cuts through some mountains, therefore the descents and ascents are a bit steep for a highway. My 1.6L kimchi car has problems climbing the ascent at high speeds. But take your time and drive through that area in the day, and take in the wonderful view that awaits [;)]

Oh, one more thing. You will still hit that section even if you take the Nilai Utara/Shah Alam stretch. Ipoh is way after KL.

Edited by Beehive3783

Yes, it's very scenic in fact. That stretch of NSH cuts through some mountains, therefore the descents and ascents are a bit steep for a highway. My 1.6L kimchi car has problems climbing the ascent at high speeds. But take your time and drive through that area in the day, and take in the wonderful view that awaits [;)]

Oh, one more thing. You will still hit that section even if you take the Nilai Utara/Shah Alam stretch. Ipoh is way after KL.

thanks for info........... now looking forward to the trip to materialise... fingers crossed [:)]

↡ Advertisement