Old car meetup

Mockngbrd

Must be interesting to see your old ride again

ya man, she must have gone thru a major make-over.... let me search for her old photos and compare before n after...

when i first got her, her paint was cheapo patrol car dark blue..... (previous owner was a AA mechanic and diy-ed everything on the cheap though machincally he never cut cost, the engine was solid as rock).

i first saw her looking abandoned in a basement carpark, i was curious, so put a sticker asking if the owner wanted to sell her, the rest is history.

iirc, i paid 8k for her with about 3yrs COE left. this was back in 1998. After getting her, i spent the next 2-3 years 'collecting' parts from scrapyards in woodland, yew tee, sungei kadut, etc etc, even bought over 2 'whole' identical scrapped celicas as spare, ended up my house had doors, seats, fenders, bumpers, axles, arms, windscreens, etc etc lying all over the place. This is the pains/joys of keeping oldies.

Although it was made in 1972, it never failed me on the road, never. One complaint though: its rear wheels lockup (with smoke) everytime i did a slightly more than normal hard braking, quite fun when the other drivers got a shock and stared when the traffic light turned red suddenly.

Edited by KARTer

my organizations are on saturdays one.

or friday evenings.

u all can?

Am OK almost anytime! Fast5 also good on Friday [thumbsup] and think Karter should be no prob also.

Haha I see. Yeah it turned 18 in February. I think my ride should be old enough. :D Yup it'd be nice to see you too.

For sure can mate! Although there are cars in there from the 70s, think 18 is old enough. Rare?

ya man, she must have gone thru a major make-over.... let me search for her old photos and compare before n after...

when i first got her, her paint was cheapo patrol car dark blue..... (previous owner was a AA mechanic and diy-ed everything on the cheap though machincally he never cut cost, the engine was solid as rock).

i first saw her looking abandoned in a basement carpark, i was curious, so put a sticker asking if the owner wanted to sell her, the rest is history.

iirc, i paid 8k for her with about 3yrs COE left. this was back in 1998. After getting her, i spent the next 2-3 years 'collecting' parts from scrapyards in woodland, yew tee, sungei kadut, etc etc, even bought over 2 'whole' identical scrapped celicas as spare, ended up my house had doors, seats, fenders, bumpers, axles, arms, windscreens, etc etc lying all over the place. This is the pains/joys of keeping oldies.

Although it was made in 1972, it never failed me on the road, never. One complaint though: its rear wheels lockup (with smoke) everytime i did a slightly more than normal hard braking, quite fun when the other drivers got a shock and stared when the traffic light turned red suddenly.

Haha that reminds me of my uncle who bought an E30 and decided to do up the whole car. But then again his car wasn't really in bad shape to begin with but he kept a whole bunch of spares from doors to seats. Sadly he sold the car and bought an old merc... If he had kept the E30, I might be driving that instead of the w124.

2 celicas...wow your house must be pretty big to store such stuff. Now he's passed me some of the spares he collected for his old mercedes which can be used on my current car. I think if the COE drops and the w124's COE gets renewed, i shouldn't be surprised if my house gets filled up with w124 body parts.

For sure can mate! Although there are cars in there from the 70s, think 18 is old enough. Rare?

Haha my car isn't rare. if you go to any HDB carpark, you'll find at least one or two w124s. It's as common as a regular japanese car.

Haha that reminds me of my uncle who bought an E30 and decided to do up the whole car. But then again his car wasn't really in bad shape to begin with but he kept a whole bunch of spares from doors to seats. Sadly he sold the car and bought an old merc... If he had kept the E30, I might be driving that instead of the w124.

2 celicas...wow your house must be pretty big to store such stuff. Now he's passed me some of the spares he collected for his old mercedes which can be used on my current car. I think if the COE drops and the w124's COE gets renewed, i shouldn't be surprised if my house gets filled up with w124 body parts.

Actually the scrapyard uncle stripped the 'whole' car into parts and put in boxes for me. no demand for this old model, he sold it to me at $200 for the entire car, everything all in!!........

Hey, you driving a W124!! ........... i like this model [thumbsup] .... is it easy / not-too-ex to own one now?

Edited by KARTer

Am OK almost anytime! Fast5 also good on Friday [thumbsup] and think Karter should be no prob also.

friday early evening i ok, after tat i go pak tor liao.... or late evening after my pak tor :D

Actually the scrapyard uncle stripped the 'whole' car into parts and put in boxes for me. no demand for this old model, he sold it to me at $200 for the entire car, everything all in!!........

Hey, you driving a W124!! ........... i like this model [thumbsup] .... is it easy / not-too-ex to own one now?

Haha yeah i am. Yeah it's very affordable to own one. Parts are cheap and can be found easily. New parts can be found at tye soon, Automexim, etc. Used parts can be found at Propel at Sungei Kadut.

Haha my car isn't rare. if you go to any HDB carpark, you'll find at least one or two w124s. It's as common as a regular japanese car.

OH yah! Think I remember talking to you about W124 maintenance costs and availability of spares in another thread. Am very impressed with the build quality of that car, those were the days they made cars to last [thumbsup]

OH yah! Think I remember talking to you about W124 maintenance costs and availability of spares in another thread. Am very impressed with the build quality of that car, those were the days they made cars to last [thumbsup]

Yeah but I'm impressed with how you're able to maintain your 27 year old ride.

↡ Advertisement