Online hotel booking issues

Zichuan

It will be easier to get early check in or late check out for your rooms if you book directly with the hotel .

Using those online sites , most of the time , they dun give you the timing you really wants , most to most , those standard 1 pm late check out .  

Edited by Hubwee
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

I use Agoda where possible.

1. Mainly I get to keep track of all my hotel stays and also to clock points and get free rooms.

2. So far, managed to redeem some free nights so that is an incentive to use Agoda.

• Praise 6

Booked my next hotel stay via Ctrip cos it was cheaper than Agoda, Booking and Expedia.

First time try Ctrip.

i only use ctrip for hotel and train ticket in china [sweatdrop]

Supercharged

Sometimes it's better to book direct from hotel. Some hotels reserved best rates and better rooms for themselves. And they have membership benefits.

If book from online, always print out hard copy confirmation and bring along. Sometimes the hotel system will cock out. They will say u didn't have a confirmed booking or wrong room

• Praise 1

i only use ctrip for hotel and train ticket in china [sweatdrop]

I used Ctrip for hotel only.

I had a trip budget in mind and when I looked at the price comparisons on Tripadvisor, Ctrip was in some cases cheaper by $20 - $40 per room night. So I decided to give Ctrip a try. There is a up to 12% rebate for Ctrip when payment is with UnionPay card.

Reckon for hotels in China and Hong Kong, Ctrip should be competitive.

And just for the fun of it, I booked via Shopback.

For plane tickets I still prefer to buy from airline website direct and pay with credit card that has travel insurance.

• Praise 3

I had a trip budget in mind and when I looked at the price comparisons on Tripadvisor, Ctrip was in some cases cheaper by $20 - $40 per room night. So I decided to give Ctrip a try. There is a up to 12% rebate for Ctrip when payment is with UnionPay card.

For plane tickets I still prefer to buy from airline website direct and pay with credit card that has travel insurance.

Usually, their travel insurance is quite basic.  No point save on travel insurance.

The most valuable part of travel insurance is medical evac & maybe kidnapped & ransom.

• Praise 1

Sometimes it's better to book direct from hotel. Some hotels reserved best rates and better rooms for themselves. And they have membership benefits.

If book from online, always print out hard copy confirmation and bring along. Sometimes the hotel system will cock out. They will say u didn't have a confirmed booking or wrong room

Download a soft copy of booking slip on phone or show the email attachment also works.

Most times, I just mention the booking reference number. If they can't locate, then I will show the above 2 options. Lobby have free wi-fi and staff will allow you to use it to show them the email if you don't have hard or soft copy with you.

• Praise 3

Roast goose? [:p]

• Praise 1

some hotel may not have online booking or some may not accept overseas credit card. So far all my online booking via different platform have no problem checking in.

i once walk in to a hotel in Shanghai to book a room for 3 nights, the counter staff ask me to book online cos is far more cheaper and he was right, i use the hotel wifi to book via expedia [laugh] [laugh]

Supercharged

Download a soft copy of booking slip on phone or show the email attachment also works.

Most times, I just mention the booking reference number. If they can't locate, then I will show the above 2 options. Lobby have free wi-fi and staff will allow you to use it to show them the email if you don't have hard or soft copy with you.

I can't really depend on soft copy. What happens if yr phone not working or got lost in airport?

I kena before. Land in airport, I bought a drink, kept the half bottle in bag. The bottle leaked, and my phone drowned. Not working anymore. LLST. and I havent even reached hotel yet.

Lucky I print out hard copies

• Praise 1

Currently, CTRIP lack global presence.

That's why they buy Skyscanner.

Ctrip already entered singapore market to get a slice of the market share.

And using a local (Singapore) wholesaler to help them issue airtickets.

I used to use ctrip for all my domestic China flights....Now I used elong.com

Roast goose? [:p]

my surname not Kam lei ...  :XD:

I can't really depend on soft copy. What happens if yr phone not working or got lost in airport?

I kena before. Land in airport, I bought a drink, kept the half bottle in bag. The bottle leaked, and my phone drowned. Not working anymore. LLST. and I havent even reached hotel yet.

am also a hardcopy person.

will print out 2 copies of plane and hotel booking.

1 set with travel docs

1 set with luggage as backup.

• Praise 3

my surname not Kam lei ... :XD:

am also a hardcopy person.

will print out 2 copies of plane and hotel booking.

1 set with travel docs

1 set with luggage as backup.

Oh not hk, then must be China [:p]

• Praise 2

I have more than 1 device  [:p] . Phone and tablet.

Although for critical items like boarding pass etc, I use hard copies as well.

• Praise 1

Have been using hotels.com past 2 yrs for all my overseas accommodations bookings.

Although I had both hard & soft copies at hand, none were needed as they only asked for my passport.

And I had earned free nights with my bookings so far.

• Praise 2

Have been using hotels.com past 2 yrs for all my overseas accommodations bookings.

Although I had both hard & soft copies at hand, none were needed as they only asked for my passport.

And I had earned free nights with my bookings so far.

I use them also. Can book very early to secure the room and then if there

is a promotion with a lower price they will return the difference. So its like

can always get the room and always at the lowest price. And get 1 night

free with every 10 nights. I hope they stay in business a long time.

:D

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement