Online hotel booking issues

Zichuan

Will they automatically return the difference?

No if you don't tell them they won't.

I think they are very smart. They guarantee the lowest prices but 

cannot bother to check every website so they use me to inform

them. Then they just adjust their prices down to match. 

Its just like Changi airport. They clean the toilet only once an hour

but if some one messes it up just 1 minute after the cleaner left

they won't know for 1 whole hour. So if some one push the not

satisfied button they will immediately send the cleaner to clean it. 

So that means Changi has thousands of toilet inspectors from

around the world all working for free. Some of them are CEOs, doctors,

lawyers and they all work for free. 

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1

Have been using hotels.com past 2 yrs for all my overseas accommodations bookings.

Although I had both hard & soft copies at hand, none were needed as they only asked for my passport.

And I had earned free nights with my bookings so far.

my family and I just stayed at Park Hotel Alexandra on CNY couple of weeks back

using free nights from hotel.com (keep lower budget no need top up cash) [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 3

I use them also. Can book very early to secure the room and then if there

is a promotion with a lower price they will return the difference. So its like

can always get the room and always at the lowest price. And get 1 night

free with every 10 nights. I hope they stay in business a long time.

:D

Just done room bookings in Sydney using my 'free nights', saved $200+ for 4 night stay.

• Praise 1

I used Ctrip for hotel only.

I had a trip budget in mind and when I looked at the price comparisons on Tripadvisor, Ctrip was in some cases cheaper by $20 - $40 per room night. So I decided to give Ctrip a try. There is a up to 12% rebate for Ctrip when payment is with UnionPay card.

Reckon for hotels in China and Hong Kong, Ctrip should be competitive.

And just for the fun of it, I booked via Shopback.

For plane tickets I still prefer to buy from airline website direct and pay with credit card that has travel insurance.

Yes booked my china hotels through Ctrip. I always use tripadvisor to compare prices. Also check with hotel website but 99% of time is more ex.

If everything the same pricing, i would go agoda. Normally agoda has one of the lowest rate for hotels ard the world, add on with point system that allows u to earn rebates to redeem for next stay

But when i go indonesia, i book through travel agents such as KAHA in airport. Normally 10-20% cheaper than online booking

After you click "Buy"....., the pricing will "change" with hidden charges suddenly appearing. That's my experience with booking with hotels overseas via online portals (not sure local hotels though). Only used them as price aggregator, but book direct with hotels. [laugh]

Use agoda, they will display price everything including tax etc. then u pay using sgd. unlike booking.com, i have to pay in hotel using local currency.

nowadays there are many website able to compare the various online hotel booking and list them by the lowest.

will it be funny if i choose to book with the one that is own and hosted overseas for the hotel in singapore?

No its normal. They can get it cheaper than buying from hotel directly.
  • Praise 1

my surname not Kam lei ... :XD:

am also a hardcopy person.

will print out 2 copies of plane and hotel booking.

1 set with travel docs

1 set with luggage as backup.

Wow kiasu Max. Haha same as me last time ... But nowadays I only print one copy. Edited by Lala81

Yes booked my china hotels through Ctrip. I always use tripadvisor to compare prices. Also check with hotel website but 99% of time is more ex.

If everything the same pricing, i would go agoda. Normally agoda has one of the lowest rate for hotels ard the world, add on with point system that allows u to earn rebates to redeem for next stay

But when i go indonesia, i book through travel agents such as KAHA in airport. Normally 10-20% cheaper than online booking

Use agoda, they will display price everything including tax etc. then u pay using sgd. unlike booking.com, i have to pay in hotel using local currency.

No its normal. They can get it cheaper than buying from hotel directly.

I find booking.com has some hotels and deals that are not really found elsewhere.

They seem to be better for booking for 3-4 pax within a room.

Many websites when u put 2+2 they always offer u two rooms or those mega room.

Like my Seoul trip hotel. They offered a family room at cheaper price compared to other websites. I also found a place in busselton, WA when I went to Australia that could understand my search requirements.

• Praise 3

Wow kiasu Max. Haha same as me last time ... But nowadays I only print one copy.

haha, its my travel routine. 

boarding pass will print one copy before going to Changi.

the other boarding pass will print from hotel's business centre.

my family and I just stayed at Park Hotel Alexandra on CNY couple of weeks back

using free nights from hotel.com (keep lower budget no need top up cash) [lipsrsealed]

wah, nice lei, can just walk over to ABC market to eat. no car park issues.  [laugh]

haha, its my travel routine. 

boarding pass will print one copy before going to Changi.

the other boarding pass will print from hotel's business centre.

wah, nice lei, can just walk over to ABC market to eat. no car park issues.  [laugh]

omg..i didnt think of going ABC market! zzzzz

wasted.

• Praise 3

wasted.

got ABC market and Alexandra Village nearby mah.

and if you hike a bit can reach Mei Ling Market.

or did you stay in the room the entire duration ?  [sly]

• Praise 2

got ABC market and Alexandra Village nearby mah.

and if you hike a bit can reach Mei Ling Market.

or did you stay in the room the entire duration ? [sly]

Missed the good eating places

• Praise 2

Wow kiasu Max. Haha same as me last time ... But nowadays I only print one copy.

I m one of those who goes everywhere empty handed, printed boarding pass are not really needed

• Praise 6

I m one of those who goes everywhere empty handed, printed boarding pass are not really needed

I not SYT  [laugh]

wasted.

cny ... u go ABC market can only eat nasi padang...

• Praise 1

empty handed ? really ? not even your Kate Spade ?  [:p]

for me I prefer hard copy boarding pass cos I don't like to keep taking out my phone at every stage of the check in. 

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 1

empty handed ? really ? not even your Kate Spade ? [:p]

for me I prefer hard copy boarding pass cos I don't like to keep taking out my phone at every stage of the check in.

Hehe...no Kate spade, that's only for work, outside work, m pretty casual, will have a big backpack when traveling but won't print any boarding pass except when really needed like India, coz no have, cannot pass their immigration

• Praise 2

you all print boarding pass because you all check in online?

I used to do that but now i don't because i realised as long as you don't check in, there is a possible of refund of airport tax, fuel tax etc if for some reason you can't make the flight last min

once you online check in, if i remember correctly, no refund is allowed.

anyway sometimes need check in luggage so lppl also have to queue... if no luggage, mostly can self check in also if leaving SG.

• Praise 1

you all print boarding pass because you all check in online?

I used to do that but now i don't because i realised as long as you don't check in, there is a possible of refund of airport tax, fuel tax etc if for some reason you can't make the flight last min

once you online check in, if i remember correctly, no refund is allowed.

anyway sometimes need check in luggage so lppl also have to queue... if no luggage, mostly can self check in also if leaving SG.

For self-check in counter at Changi Airport, it is very fast as it juz tag your luggage.

Fro my recent trip back from Beijing, internet check in also no use.  Being the last person arrived at Check in counter, i was bumped into next flight because of overbooking.  I arrived 1.5hrs before departure.

I still print out e-ticket unless SQ flight.

↡ Advertisement