Online hotel booking issues

Zichuan

Talking abt online bookings for airline tixs n hotel rooms..

Was looking at Langkawi trip for this coming March school holidays with my kiddo..

Guess what..Direct booking with AirAsia is more expensive..

Went with expedia for the air tixs n hotel bookings..Hotel room rates better than Trivago website ..

FYI, air tixs n hotel rooms running low..[;)]

You can check silkair too.  usually budget air last min is quite expensive.   I always compare rates with all airlines before booking. 

Natas fair promo ;

https://www.silkair.com/en_UK/sg/special-offers/flight-from-Singapore/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

lol so late then book.

I booked my seoul trip tickets for march holidays in September. Even then, the cheap tickets for SQ were selling fast.

I always book at most one month before. I ever tried book 4-5 months before and had to cancel the trip due to unforeseen circumstances
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

I am trying to book Japan hotels and found out that booking thru the banks website that forward to Agoda is no longer cheap......all the BULLS about having discount

Using UOB & Maybank link that forward to Agoda

S$163 per night (Can get 6-8% discount depending on the card)

The highest discount u may get is S$163 Less 8% = S$149.96

Book direct from Agoda website (without going thru any 3rd party link)

S$146 per night

Last time, it is always cheaper to go thru the Bank link (that forward to Agoda). Now seems useless

I am trying to book Japan hotels and found out that booking thru the banks website that forward to Agoda is no longer cheap......all the BULLS about having discount

S$146 per night

Last time, it is always cheaper to go thru the Bank link (that forward to Agoda). Now seems useless

i found out that using phone app to book Expedia get lower rate than do it on PC (can be up to $10), in addition to the credit card discount and shopback rabate.

• Praise 1

S$146 per night

Waste of time gimmicks from the banks.

:D

• Praise 2

S$146 per night

Yah i find it a bluff one. Just book with agoda direct for lowest price otherwise compare price in tripadvisor
  • Praise 1

(edited)

I also do price compare using Tripadvisor (can read hotel reviews at the same time) and also check Ctrip site too. 

Do not find the credit card promo deals that attractive (aka cheap) actually.  [:p]

For Asia Pacific hotels (esp China and Hong Kong), I think should check and compare prices on Ctrip.

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 2

I also do price compare using Tripadvisor (can read hotel reviews at the same time) and also check Ctrip site too.

Do not find the credit card promo deals that attractive (aka cheap) actually. [:p]

For Asia Pacific hotels (esp China and Hong Kong), I think should check and compare prices on Ctrip.

Ctrip sometimes can also get very good flight ticket promotion for China domestic flight.

I bookEd a flight from Chengdu to Shanghai on Air China paying economy class price for a 1st class seat. And that is book 1 day before flight.

Let me share u some secret guys

When u book hotel always compare price with other websites e.g thru advisor.

Of cos this one no need teach haha

BUT when u book 5 nights, always check each nigh rate, some nights have diff rate and in 5 night they will just take the highest night price X5. Isnt it better to book 5 nights separately? I am looking to book seoul hotel, in 5 nights the diff about $100-150

But downside everyday must check in

• Praise 1

BUT when u book 5 nights, always check each nigh rate, some nights have diff rate and in 5 night they will just take the highest night price X5. Isnt it better to book 5 nights separately? I am looking to book seoul hotel, in 5 nights the diff about $100-150

• Praise 1

• Praise 1

like this meh? my experience is a sum of 5 nights rather than highest night x 5

cos i book 5 nights price show before tax 243

but if i book each night individually, ard 2 night 240, 3 nights 200, weird

usually the website show the average price, after you select the 5 nights you can see the detail of charges on each night, weekend will be higher, so far i dun see them charging me the highest x 5.

i dunno normally i just book 5 nights but last night i check each night the result quite diff for that hotel. let me check again later and make booking later

cos i book 5 nights price show before tax 243

but if i book each night individually, ard 2 night 240, 3 nights 200, weird

i dunno normally i just book 5 nights but last night i check each night the result quite diff for that hotel. let me check again later and make booking later

i use expedia and there is a breakdown cost for each night, weekend is higher.

• Praise 1

maybe u wanna see the result?

try seach at agoda, for my hotel i am looking seoul lotte hotel, from 1st oct to 6th oct

1st to 6th: 240 each night 

1st to 2nd: 206

2nd to 3rd: 229

3rd to 5th: 204

5th to 6th: 242

Same room same number of guests

i check expedia 1st to 6th result 240

maybe u wanna see the result?

try seach at agoda, for my hotel i am looking seoul lotte hotel, from 1st oct to 6th oct

1st to 6th: 240 each night 

1st to 2nd: 206

2nd to 3rd: 229

3rd to 5th: 204

5th to 6th: 242

Same room same number of guests

i check expedia 1st to 6th result 240

from expedia 

post-1109-0-26851400-1506487540.png

• Praise 1