How to calculate BTU for aircon

David

so should I get Daikin or Mitsubishi? :huh:

Both brands are good... installer more important. So google for reputable shops that can help you plan the aircon ducts layouts, and also good installers will lay nicely for you.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Both brands are good... installer more important. So google for reputable shops that can help you plan the aircon ducts layouts, and also good installers will lay nicely for you.

The mech who services my aircon is not a fan of Daikin. He's seen a number of cases requiring replacement of the "control board" (translated from mandarin).

Yes I use this method.

Minus bulky cabinets,

Also to consider location of compressor, piping distance to furthest fan coil unit,

most ppl used 18K btu for their 4 room flat living hall, i think i made a mistake, i bought 26K btu for hall, is this considered as over loading ? what are the negative effects ?

If yours is inverter tech, i think the negative effect is negligible.

As a norm....rooms u can use

70 Btu/Sqrft as guide..

U get the total sqrft and X 70 and you get the BTU u need.

U can add in safety factor of 1.2 but try to get inverter type.

For living room, it will be good to oversize because of high heat load

Inverter is just a fanciful name for variable speed.

It just means the compressor can self control the motor speed to lower when the cooling demand is low.

Those non inverter type, only operates at one maximum speed, no matter what is your temperature setting. So it consumes same high energy, when you don't need too much air con power.

Because people like to cool their room fast, the air con compressor usually are oversized to have sufficient power to do that. When the room is cold to the desired temperature, the compressor motor should not require to spin so fast to cool the room anymore. Inverter type will varies the compressor motor speed to cater for the lower demand, thus saving electricity, as compared to a non inverter type that it's motor still spin at maximum speed no matter what is the cooling demand.