Where To Enjoy A Good "Affordable" Steak?

Vulcann

I wonder where this is... as im in pasir ris..

I've kinda given up on steaks... It's either

1) They cant get the done-ness right

2) Not cooked evenly

3) Too oily

4) Drench the steak with some sauce instead of on the side

5) If none of the above 4 issues it has a $$$$$$

Heard mortens does really good steak but breaks the bank too.

There was a stall in a coffeeshop near my house which did really good steaks and lamb chops but they moved out and not sure where to.

morton's is expensive but it's not out of this world expensive. Cos the steaks u can just share.

Seriously u have to be a huge eater to finish one of their steaks alone.

Even when i was younger, i never managed to. Most i made it was 80% of a ribeye.

Now i just share with my wife 60-40 and i still have difficulty digesting.

↡ Advertisement

i have a decent appetite.. ;) when i go to buffets, they loose money 

but then again with these kinda meats... its more of getting jelak....

there was once years ago where i did a combo at smokeys 

half slab of ribs and half steak (both were quite sizable).

when i hit the 2/3 mark it was hard to go down not cause i could not stomach...

both of them used same sauces and seasoning..

2) Not cooked evenly

3) Too oily

Heard mortens does really good steak but breaks the bank too.

There was a stall in a coffeeshop near my house which did really good steaks and lamb chops but they moved out and not sure where to.

Its at Pasir Ris park. Try Gordon's grill at Goodwood park if you fancy a good steak.

Its at Pasir Ris park. Try Gordon's grill at Goodwood park if you fancy a good steak.

Have had my beers there many times... time to try the steak.. :) 

I've tried this before, when i got vouchers after my wedding was held at GWP.

It's good ... but still not Morton's standard.

Bedrock level?

For steaks I go for 180g or 200g max.

Eat more than that and is diminishing returns for me.

Previously Zambuca at Pan Pac had nice steak set lunch at < $30, too bad now no more. That's my budget for a steak lunch. And coffee must be included. Dessert not needed.  [:p]

I've tried this before, when i got vouchers after my wedding was held at GWP.

It's good ... but still not Morton's standard.

Bedrock level?

How's Bedrock ?

Their set lunch looks pricey so have yet to try...

Previously Zambuca at Pan Pac had nice steak set lunch at < $30, too bad now no more. That's my budget for a steak lunch. And coffee must be included. Dessert not needed.  [:p]

How's Bedrock ?

Years back for my birthday celebration, I had their aged steak.

Was disappointed for the price point. Part of the steak was not bad, but parts of it was dry and overcooked.

Not cheap as well, my wife and I spent 240 without alcohol.

But few years back, some of my friends used to go with Entertainer app 1-1 and they found it fairly good value.

Nowadays, i only eat either jack's place price steak or eat at BBQ. 

Or just go to Morton's when i really want to enjoy a good ribeye.

Years back for my birthday celebration, I had their aged steak.

Was disappointed for the price point. Part of the steak was not bad, but parts of it was dry and overcooked.

Not cheap as well, my wife and I spent 240 without alcohol.

But few years back, some of my friends used to go with Entertainer app 1-1 and they found it fairly good value.

Nowadays, i only eat either jack's place price steak or eat at BBQ. 

Or just go to Morton's when i really want to enjoy a good ribeye.

Guess will give Bedrock a miss then. Price point too high for me.

Years back I used to have weekday steak set lunch at this Argentinian restaurant at Icon Village. Beef comes from South America. It was $19.90 (I think) for steak and coffee. Nicely done. A bit burnt at the edges.  :a-good:

Not sure if they are still around. F&B scene does change pretty fast these days.

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 2

Guess will give Bedrock a miss then. Price point too high for me.

Years back I used to have weekday steak set lunch at this Argentinian restaurant at Icon Village. Beef comes from South America. It was $19.90 (I think) for steak and coffee. Nicely done. A bit burnt at the edges.  :a-good:

Not sure if they are still around. F&B scene does change pretty fast these days.

I think i tried before. But Argentinean beef is bit tough.

I'd prefer australian grass fed.

How's Bedrock ?

For Bedrock, the steak was alright, nothing fantastic, but their tomahawk steak was really good! Also for Bedrock, if you have Entertainer app, you have 3 vouchers for free main if dine in with 2 pax or more.

So far I have yet to come across decent cheap steaks, most were >$50.

Best steaks so far have been from Mortons and Cuts. Luke's oyster bar also has decent steaks.

Edited by Nonpareil
  • Praise 2

For Bedrock, the steak was alright, nothing fantastic, but their tomahawk steak was really good! Also for Bedrock, if you have Entertainer app, you have 3 vouchers for free main if dine in with 2 pax or more.

So far I have yet to come across decent cheap steaks, most were >$50.

Best steaks so far have been from Mortons and Cuts. Luke's oyster bar also has decent steaks.

Have not been to Morton's for ages, cos their portion is really too much for me.

My recent atas steak would be Lawrys during their 1-for-1. Although the way it was served, more like roast.  [:p]

Sometimes I alternate by eating beef stew, ox-tail, teppanyaki etc. 

Edited by Blueray

I always pay money to go restaurant 

and they always get me to cook my own

steaks. I think its a bad deal as I had to

cook myself but it taste good.

:D

348s.jpg

• Praise 1

We go Morton's more because of the freshly baked onion loaf rather than the steak :D. Always come out warm and fluffy.

We would usually go with the T-bone which gives the opportunity to try the 2 different cuts and the portion can be shared between 2 pax leaving room for a soup/appetizer and finish off the dinner with the dessert.

IMG_8326_zpsb1qrmsly.jpg

IMG_8327_zpswhxvshnh.jpg

2) Not cooked evenly

3) Too oily

Heard mortens does really good steak but breaks the bank too.

There was a stall in a coffeeshop near my house which did really good steaks and lamb chops but they moved out and not sure where to.

• Praise 2

We go Morton's more because of the freshly baked onion loaf rather than the steak :D. Always come out warm and fluffy.

We would usually go with the T-bone which gives the opportunity to try the 2 different cuts and the portion can be shared between 2 pax leaving room for a soup/appetizer and finish off the dinner with the dessert.

IMG_8326_zpsb1qrmsly.jpg

IMG_8327_zpswhxvshnh.jpg

Nice!  They've improved the lighting.  It was like being in a theatre with lights dimmed all the way down in the past.

[thumbsup]

Nice!  They've improved the lighting.  It was like being in a theatre with lights dimmed all the way down in the past.

[thumbsup]

nope it's still very dim. lol.

We go Morton's more because of the freshly baked onion loaf rather than the steak :D. Always come out warm and fluffy.

IMG_8326_zpsb1qrmsly.jpg

IMG_8327_zpswhxvshnh.jpg

For me, the tastiest part of the meat are those leftover that are still stucked to bone. I want have finished that with my hands like how I did it with mutton bone from the tulang merah.
  • Praise 3

Actually you are right ... doggy bag it and enjoy it at home. Paiseh to use hands at the atas place [:)]

For me, the tastiest part of the meat are those leftover that are still stucked to bone. I want have finished that with my hands like how I did it with mutton bone from the tulang merah.

As mentioned by another bro above, place is still dim. Just that the ISO on my Sony e-mount camera very good in taking pix under poor lighting condition [:)].

[thumbsup]

• Praise 2

I find the bread ok. But i always eat only 2 mouthfuls of bread at Morton's. I definitely won't spend my calories there. Have reserved parking for the meat liao  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement