Where To Enjoy A Good "Affordable" Steak?

Vulcann

Actually you are right ... doggy bag it and enjoy it at home. Paiseh to use hands at the atas place [:)]

As mentioned by another bro above, place is still dim. Just that the ISO on my Sony e-mount camera very good in taking pix under poor lighting condition [:)].

yeah my ISO is 6400 when i use my SLR there.

↡ Advertisement

We go Morton's more because of the freshly baked onion loaf rather than the steak :D. Always come out warm and fluffy.

We would usually go with the T-bone which gives the opportunity to try the 2 different cuts and the portion can be shared between 2 pax leaving room for a soup/appetizer and finish off the dinner with the dessert.

IMG_8326_zpsb1qrmsly.jpg

IMG_8327_zpswhxvshnh.jpg

If you are into nice breads, prior to steak, you should try Cuts. I do admit Morton's bread are really nice but Cuts have more variety to try and they too are really tasty.

The Salt Grill and Sky Bar at ION Orchard isn't too bad for steak.  They grill their steaks with salt and pepper only.  Price range is similar to the dimly lit Mortons.   [knife]

The view is nice as you can catch the sunset so got high WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)   [laugh]

If you are into nice breads, prior to steak, you should try Cuts. I do admit Morton's bread are really nice but Cuts have more variety to try and they too are really tasty.

Cuts is very expensive right? 200/pax

Thanks for the recommendation.... must save $$ and wait for special occasion to try this other place then  [:)]

Hypersonic

just wondering, what's you take on a $18 steak at a hawker center stall ?

It has to be good lor. Or else who wants to spend that money in a hawker center. But good meat is expensive. So if it's reasonable value then sure why not.
  • Praise 1

sounds pricey, but then again depends on what comes with the meal and the cut of the beef they are using.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Even those franchised Western in kopi tiam like char grill or astin express, is around $11.

$18 is expensive for hawker.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

iSteak at Holland V not bad, 

heard good things about it. But my kids don't eat, so haven't tried.

After surfing some online reviews and friends review.

Went Bistecca at Mohd Sultan with my wife.

Each has a glass of red wine, two sides and steak.

It's $300+, I feel the expensive part were the sides. Cost almost as much as the meat.

There used to a medium price range steak restaurant at South Bound Vista called West Ends, cost less than $100 for 2.

My wife comment was it's almost same as what Bistecca serve at 1/3 the price.

But was closed when the whole area redeveloped.

Visited Hooha Cafe,Opp Golden landmark hotel, looked like your neighborhood prata shop furnishings, doesn't serve alcohol, but the tenderloin steak taste good. $40++ per person.

heard good things about it. But my kids don't eat, so haven't tried.

They have chicken, fish and chips too.

Their side dishes quite yummy, better not go weekend if want to try, parking lots very hard to come by. I will park at Buona vista and take a train down, just one stop away.

Twincharged

It has to be good lor. Or else who wants to spend that money in a hawker center. But good meat is expensive. So if it's reasonable value then sure why not.

well, the stall is located at the hawker center at the new Tampines Hub ... "western mafia" ??

i was very surprised when i saw the $18 price tag on their steak ... even the lamb chops are only $8. the mixed grill is also $18.

have been wanting to try it but so far no time and effort to go there again yet ...

anyone tried before ?

Supercharged

We're off to Florence in June.

Can't wait to try some steak there.

But hard to beat the steak I had in Bazas near Bordeaux a few years ago.

The steak was a cut from Bazardais cattle and it was epic.

We then bought some steak from a butcher there to grill on the BBQ.

Historic.

Well we had our first Bistecca alla Fiorentina here in Florence on Saturday.

Top restaurant but the result was a big disappointment.

Steak was medium cooked and not juicy at all.

Will try different restaurant and also cook one myself when we buy the steak from Panzano a small town which is supposed to have the very best butcher in Italy when we are there in 2 weeks time.

↡ Advertisement