Comment on Johor Fuel quality

Pckwpckw

Neutral Newbie

Lately i when i pump petrol in johor, base on my observation i feel that the petrol quality is not stable. Meaning for Ron 97 u pump at the same petrol station sometime u can feel no power , and sometime is ok. I have call their HQ they told me sometime is due to contamination. Especially when there is flood. The fuel contaminate with rain water, so be extra careful when pumping petrol in Johor.

↡ Advertisement

Lately i when i pump petrol in johor, base on my observation i feel that the petrol quality is not stable. Meaning for Ron 97 u pump at the same petrol station sometime u can feel no power , and sometime is ok. I have call their HQ they told me sometime is due to contamination. Especially when there is flood. The fuel contaminate with rain water, so be extra careful when pumping petrol in Johor.

Heard from my malaysian friends that Malaysian fuel are mixed... [knife]

esp ron 95 becos it's heavily subsidized...

Better pump ron97, Vpower racing,

[laugh]

Supersonic

Always heard petrol quality in msia no gd?! But i have seen all the msia cars running ok on the rd le?! [rolleyes]

IMHO. there is no different between SG fuel (95&98)and JB fuel (97). As far as mileage is concerned for my car.

Regards,

(edited)

If you got water in your fuel your engine will not have less power, but it will stall my friend.

Edited by Acieed

Always heard petrol quality in msia no gd?! But i have seen all the msia cars running ok on the rd le?! [rolleyes]

iirc, i think most malayisan cars can run at least ron 92?

[laugh][laugh]

they oso say the baby food and others all no good one! but both countries have idiots running around and smart pple giving adivice! most prob its the air that we breathe in cos we are so close to each other [laugh][laugh]

(edited)

they oso say the baby food and others all no good one! but both countries have idiots running around and smart pple giving adivice! most prob its the air that we breathe in cos we are so close to each other [laugh][laugh]

i like ur statement that i "bolded" for u !!!!!!! particularly on the latter part LOL!!!!!! [thumbsup][laugh]

Edited by JaydenSTI

i can confirm this they put water in oil becos once when i went home 1/4 of tank gone after full pump, usually is still full tank & no jam

cannot comment on quality..but last time whenever i pump jb fuel..the petrol smell lingers in the car when i step in(although my windows/door is shut tight)..the same problem did not occur in sg petrol station..anyway i have not gone in for a long time

i can confirm this they put water in oil becos once when i went home 1/4 of tank gone after full pump, usually is still full tank & no jam

:blink::blink: cooking oil ar?? :blink::blink:

jb fuel may be a little dirtier or higher sulphur content (comparing same grade).

Not that it will cause a big problem. Such contaminants will be removed through engine oil/catalytic converter etc..

As far as i know, singapore fuel passes euro-iv standards. So we can safely use LL-04/MB229.51 graded engine oil.

But if pump jb fuel, better revert to LL-01/MB229.5 as ll-04 has less ability to remove the sulphur and can kill the catalytic converter.

Doesn't affect most cars (except maybe a little loss of power), but bmws and mercedes owners have to be more careful.

cannot comment on quality..but last time whenever i pump jb fuel..the petrol smell lingers in the car when i step in(although my windows/door is shut tight)..the same problem did not occur in sg petrol station..anyway i have not gone in for a long time

bro, MY petrol kiosk spillage very high la, u stepped on petrol and stain on ur car mat la.......

i like the bold statement of urs!!!!!!! particularly on the latter part LOL!!!!!! [thumbsup][laugh]

ey, i did not bold the words hor! u did! but it is from what i observe nia! my observation may defer or vary from others ya! :D:D

confirm u fill in 3/4 air! water will kill the engine immediately cos it is much denser and will accumulate at the bottom of the tank! if not u better do hydro tset on ur tank, this 1 i joke only! [laugh][laugh]

ey, i did not bold the words hor! u did! but it is from what i observe nia! my observation may defer or vary from others ya! :D:D

post amended. but still love ur statement!!!!!